Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 53 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Toriko Hangout Thread

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I actually believe that it won't be posible for Komatsu to surpass Setsuno in terms of fighting without Gourmet Cells and also without using his new knife. He is damn weak now. He can't even take the capture level 1 beasts, so without Gourmet Cells and his fine knife he can't best her, cause she is way above Toriko now and Toriko is way above the majority of profesional Bishokuyas with Gourmet Cells.

Komatsu can be good at cooking, but it absolutely isn't connected to fighting. Also Setsuna's aura is connected to her being strong as a fighter and of course Komatsu won't obtain such level of aura unless he will get Gourmet Cells and be trained by strong fighters like IGO President or other top of the Worlde.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah and i think that Komatsu become stronger is a must!!

Toriko and Komatsu will end entering the Gourmet World and although Toriko on that time will be pretty strong i doubt that even him can protect Komatsu from everything !
    Komatsu has to stop relaying so much on Toriko and improve his fighting skills ! And i think that for someone as Komatsu , an high level cook he should definitely start to improve his skills with that awesome knife ! As we see that knife as incredible powers and so although it can happen , i am not only expecting to see Komatsu use it to cook

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see Komatsu becoming stronger than Setsuno any time soon, but it's definitely something that I think/hope will happen by the end of the manga, after much training and real-life experience.

It would be pretty hard, I suppose, unless Komatsu gets some gourmet cells later on. But, I was also thinking that perhaps, since all along Komatsu has been portrayed as someone very intrinsically special (despite not having gourmet cells), perhaps he may not need gourmet cells to become strong. Or, another wild theory... Perhaps now that he's injured, he might have some gourmet cells implanted into him (how? I don't know...). He's gonna need them anyway, and now that he's injured, it seems like it could be a good time.

Also, I still don't like the idea of using Melk's knife in combat... Maybe it's just me but I kinda feel like it would be wrong to brandish it in battle when it was made to be used in a kitchen But then again, with how Komatsu was directing Toriko and Zebura to defeat the beast and it was like preparing an ingredient (tenderizing the meat etc), it could well happen... I just, personally, don't really like the idea of it

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

But what use would be that knife of?
    Although it is always possible that it will appear some ingredients that will need a good knife in order to get good results, and so that knife can have a important jobs on those times.

I also don't think that Komatsu is going to be as strong as Setsuno very soon ,cuz if that happened it would be needed some ridiculous power up , even if for example he trained without stop for long time ! Komatsu right now is still very weak , i still can't see him defeating for example a beast level 2 and i think i am being very generous saying that. of course that it would be different if he used knife!

I think that it isn't possible for him to become someone very strong without Gourmet cells and i think that that is nothing wrong with it !
    Seeing Komatsu becoming close to Toriko in strength someday would be a little embarrassing for Toriko i think , that during his all life didn't do nothing more than hunting beast and therefore becoming stronger and that at the same time had gourmet cells.
    So putting Komatsu a lot strong without him having gourmet cells would ruin a bit in my opinion cuz it mean that for that he didn't needed as time and the cells to become very strong , and on the contrary side would be Toriko that has been "training" for long time and has gourmet cells.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member •Sasuke•'s Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

TORIKO 139 9 PICS

CLICK HERE to watch

Credits manyou

7. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: What's happening in those images!? show

Spoiler: My own thoughts show
    Last edited by saladesu; April 30, 2011 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter is out in Chinese thanks to Manyou

Can download here.

I don't know the language, but this chapter has some absolutely epic reveals, and character introductions.
    Last edited by LoS; May 01, 2011 at 07:25 PM.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

13. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

So will komatsu be a partner for both Zebra and Toriko ?
    And I'm wondering how they will get back the Cola, will they make the bird puke it ? Could that be linked to the fact that the bird is linked to God ?

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool chapter but I would have likened this to be more focused on the discovery of the birdman. Those pages were imo most interesting because it explained some connection between Akashia, the birdmen and the discovery of God. Loved that huge page, took an avatar of it

Well, I wonder what the last untold condition was? It might be related to what happened now and maybe it is that missed opportunity for Zebra. But never say never, our trio might be so popular that readers want Zebra in the story as much as possible.

Yeah, I think they have to. It is what they came for but I do hope that this cola is very rare. Compare it like a plant that grows max once in 10 year. Maybe the birdmen have a strong preference towards very rare, exclusive ingredients hence the mellow cola might be one like that
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Akashia is so cool, I want to know more about him.

But I think that if Ichiryu was his best pupil, it was only because of his attitude. I'm sure than The Boss is stronger than Ichiryu.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

And now this is what I call damn great chapter!
    It was really unexpected to learn that Komatsu promised to become Zebra's partner, but actually it would be cool to see Komatsu being partner-cook for two of the Four Heavingly Kings.
    And the most interesting part of the chapter obviously was the revelations about the Birdmen. As I thought Ichiruy knows about them. They surely are powerful and very intelligent, so they will become another opponents for Toriko and his friends as much as those Bishokukay.
    The next chapter we are deffinetly going to see some insane fight. I believe that now Toriko and Zebra have a chance to take this Birdman down, cause they can combine their power.
    The only problem will be Komatsu. To make him survive this wound they will need to insert Gourmet Cells in him, cause there are not any doctors in surroundings for sure.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ownage404's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

My theory on the last condition Komatsu made with Zebra is that he asked him to join their team
    With how I saw the conversation going back and forth between them with the conditions. this is the only answer I can come up with.
    I think it's about time that the president of IGO sort of explained some stuff to Toriko? I mean when he comes back, he has to go talk to him about the beast he saw twice in his effort to become stronger. If not then probably before he enters the Gourmet World will these birdman beasts be explained more thoroughly

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member nightshade_nova's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow it hit me now.God is actually that birdman thing, rather an old one at that.Just think about it.The birdman could be a being as smart as human, at least in hunting foods, and they could also have gourmet cells like Toriko has.

So, my theory is that God is an experienced birdman,(might be the king/clan leader of the birdman) who ate a hell fucking lot of high lvl food and its body evolved so much cos it has gourmet cells, they tasted fucking delicious.

Or the birdman is just a low lvl minions that hunt the food for this "god" to eat.And there are like other creatures more high lvl than the birdman that also work to feed this "god".(the theory that god has gourmet cells that becomes delicious as it eats more still applies here)

The name god might come from the fact that he's on top of the food chain.He'll eat the birdmen if they dont feed him or something.
    My Bleach predictions (made 12th October 2010)-
    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 53 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast