Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 63 of 84 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast

Thread: Toriko Hangout Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member eclipse12's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I agree they need to bring terry with them. I can see that Zebra getting jelous because Toriko has an animal partner and he doesn't.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ibn.'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like a see a Matsu cooking arc. The only time he cooks is the celebration. He should use the cookbook and have Toriko find the ingredients and then work on completing the recipe. Break into the top 100, maybe get 7 stars.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oberon's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Oberon; June 08, 2011 at 07:53 AM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

So, looks like Toriko will improve his speed in the next arc(s), awesome!
    Finally he meets Staajun, I wonder what his reaction will be.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting...I think we will get to see a little of Terry in this arc. Speed is one of the Battle Wolf's strengths. Also, I wonder why the "bad guys" seem to be helping Toriko? I think its got to be more than them just fattening a pig to be slaughtered later.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Or maybe it's exactly what you say it is, assuming the Nitro has gourmet cells and Zebra would have ate it do you think he would become any stronger?

A good chance that he might yet Shimabukuro-sensei won't let this happen since it's unfit for the genre (while I put aside Zaelappolo eating his henchmen in Bleach) or simply not his style while info about it and Zebra going like "shoot I should have ate it it might have tasted better than it looked" and later someone decides that his meat dish is Toriko since he's full of gourmet cells.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oberon's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko #144 Chinese Scan: Full Chapter & English Translation
    Last edited by Oberon; June 08, 2011 at 01:46 PM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I wonder what Staajun's fighting/cooking technique is. Sunny has his spatula, Toriko has his cutlery/eating utensils, and this is the second time we have seen Staajun heat up/burn something. Earlier in the series he cooked that butt bug with his hand, now he set flame to a candle. He also showed gravitational powers when he slammed his fist against the table at the Bishokukai meeting.

It's odd how Staajun's eyes seem black when he is wearing the mask, but now they are normal. I wonder what gave him that huge scar, for such a strong person like Staajun maybe the opponent was the head chef, or boss of the Bishokukai. It's also odd how Toriko compared to the normal citizens is considered by them huge, yet we have seen recently quite a few characters bigger than him, Staajun now included.

I wonder what ingredient Staajun is looking for, and what ingredient Toriko will go after, because as it is now they don't have an ingredient but rather are going to see Acacia's statue, which when there they will either have a training/power-up or the next ingredient will be revealed.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't like the design of Starjyun.

I mean, it was necesary a bishie bad guy, but not Stajyun! He was a badass character with the mask. =S

Anyway, it seems that it is a boring chapter. Hope that next week starts the new arc.

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome chapter , though i didn't remember who Stajun was
    I wonder why he let them alive ?
    Why not kill them, when it will be a time that they will probably be a thread to them ?
    So this arc that is about to start , will probably result in some awesome training
    Toriko do your best

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent chapter! It makes up for the lack of villain. Starjyun - as well as Grinpach - turned out to be way stronger than expected. Did the GT Robo limited his power to such extent? That's crazy. I've always saw them as the Admirals of Toriko-verse, which didn't make much sense considering Toriko gave Tommy one hell of a fight (even thought Tommy was still slightly above him, but even so he needed to fight while restraining that ultimate bug of his). But Tommy won't disappoint, he might find some real crazy bugs somewhere in the Gourmet World. Anyhow, I guess Grinpach is even stronger than Stajyun, considering that Shigematsu said "I was hoping that "Staa" or "Tomi" guy would come, but...
    But to think this guy would come..."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Keino's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

First this is my first time posting here cuz I started reading Toriko last week and reached the latest chapter yesterday. I must say this is an awesome manga an I can see why it id doing so well in Jump (TOC recently) and why they are pushing it to be part of the big 3 (bleach out), cuz it has a bright future.

On this chapter, It was cool seeing Starjyun real face and that even with Toriko's upgrade he is still way weaker than Starjyun.
    I wonder where the gourmet temple is? Also I hope we get to see more of Terry and I'm sure she's gotten bigger and stronger.
    I also think Komatsu is going to use that new dragon fang knife of his as an offensive weapon because of how sharp it is.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter! I like Starjyun character a lotmore now.... I wonder how much moresurprise this training saga of Toriko can give us....

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good chapter. I wonder if there will be some kind of ingredient somewhere near the temple. And I'm ready for Komatsu to get some kind of physical upgrade. I mean if I can see him cleanly take out a capture level 5 beast without him screaming, crying, and wetting his pants then I'll be good. I have a feeling it'll happen in this next arc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VashDaStampede View Post
    Good chapter. I wonder if there will be some kind of ingredient somewhere near the temple. And I'm ready for Komatsu to get some kind of physical upgrade. I mean if I can see him cleanly take out a capture level 5 beast without him screaming, crying, and wetting his pants then I'll be good. I have a feeling it'll happen in this next arc.
    With just waving his knive he must beat beast of higher level than that! I think level 40 is not a dream for him anymore....

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

New Reply
Page 63 of 84 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast