Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 71 of 83 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1245

Thread: Toriko Hangout Thread

  1. #1051
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko Hangout Thread

    Personal short term prediction:
    • The Four Heavenly Kings decide to battle one of the Four Beasts each, but argue among themselves which Beast they should take.
    • They eventually come to a decision and split up.
    • Komatsu goes with Rin, but when he see's the beasts, he instantly knows that each Beast is a Specially Prepared Ingredient, and asks the Kings to fall back.
    • After confirming with the Kings that they wish to eat the Beasts, they realize that, since Komatsu is probably the only one who could prepare them, that they will need the Chef to help them.
    • They strategize and come to the decision that they will tackle each beast one at a time.
    • They defeat the beasts in such a way that they will be tasty (in a similar manner to the Salamander Sphinx) under Komatsu's direction.
    • However, after defeating all of them, a fifth beast from the Gourmet World (or maybe Human World's own CLVL 100 beast) appears.
    • It too is a Specially Prepared Ingredient, and though exhausted, by recalling all their training, and entering their emergency modes (Toriko: Autophagy; Zebra: Anger; etc.), they manage to defeat it.
    • They eat each beast and all of them evolve.

    Personal Long Term Prediction:
    • Cooking Fest arc:
      • After defeating the Four Beasts, Komatsu has gathered certain raw materials (like a fang, bone, claw or piece of shell) from each of them.
      • He is then approached by Kuriboh's apprentice, who offers to make Komatsu a pot, which the Chef accepts, and gives the apprentice the raw materials to make a pot.
      • The apprentice was sent to Komatsu by his Kuriboh, who was in turn asked by Ichiryuu to do this.
      • The pot is made and with it Komatsu enters the Cooking Fest.
      • All the Heavenly Kings also attend the Cooking Fest as part of the audience.
      • The Gourmet Hermit is one of the judges, along with the G7.
      • Setsunoo, Chiru, Nono and the other two Chefs that briefly appeared in chapter 158 also participate. We will also see some of the Chef's mentioned in chapter 156.
      • The Bishokukai also enter some Chefs, including Ootake, as spies and scouts.
      • Komatsu competes in the cooking tournament, and defeats Ootake in cooking, making it to the semi- or quarter-finals before he is narrowly defeated.
      • The Bishokukai launch a covert attack, but are defeated by the Gourmet Hermit, and maybe even the Kings.
    • The next arc is Entering the Gourmet World arc/saga:
      • Toriko enters the Gourmet World with Komatsu and all the other Heavenly Kings.
      • They start hunting and testing their strength against wild beasts, as well as evolving.
    • The next arc is Ichiryuu's Full Course arc/saga:
      • Now that they are in the Gourmet World, Komatsu realizes that they can now prepare Ichiryuu's full course.
      • They do so and evolve several times over.
    • The next arc is the Kings vs the Jidal Kingdom arc/saga:
      • The Kings (or maybe just Komatsu) stumble on to the Jidal Kingdom as they look for Acacia's notebook.
      • A battle occurs, which the Kings manage to win, and they get Acacia's notebook as a spoils of war.
    • After getting Acacia's notebook, they start hunting for Acacia's Full Course.

  2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #1052
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Bucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko Hangout Thread

    is thos possbile that gourmet world is not only in this planet and there is another planet that is fully gourmet world ?caus eit will be epic!

  4. #1053
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Country
    England
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko Hangout Thread

    @Shadoguardian You really have a thing for Komastu don't you.

  5. #1054
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko Hangout Thread

    In last sket dance chapter, bossun is making a request ingredient for toriko ? Does anyone know how it works exactly ? It's a long time since it's done but i never thought to ask. Do fan only sendxthe name or also a sketch like bossun did ?

  6. #1055
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Roronoa Zoro View Post
    @Shadoguardian You really have a thing for Komastu don't you.
    More like I pity him. I feel sorry for the guy, being the only normal fellow amongst the super humans, and, besides his cooking skills, I don't think that's going to change as he is clearly there to give a normal persons perspective of the opponents. But I also think he is there as a voice of reason. He's also thrown into crazy situations, and they are going to be crazier once they enter the Gourmet World, so I want him to be prepared.

  7. #1056
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,514
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko 195 Chapter Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra Wolf View Post
    I think that is true and that will give Komatsu something to do.

    I also get the vibe that Ichi wanted to tell the four of the, that each beast is suited to one of the kings and that they should split up accordingly.
    Of course they won't do this and will have to change enemies to suit their fighting styles and abilities.
    It feels somewhat familiar with this kind of story structure.

    I also want to stress the reason what I love about Toriko the most.
    Unlike Dragonball e.g. where you are worthless unless you are a Saiyan or Naruto where you need some form of supernatural power-up and without you are utterly useless for the sake of the plot Toriko has many and very different styles and ways of growth.

    Toriko learned food honour and food immersion.
    Sani learned about Intuition from Guemon.
    Zerbra learned a lot from a Dharma Hermit whatever that means.
    All things very differebnt in their nature and it give the feeling that there is a vest and living world in Toriko of which we only get to see a small share at a time.
    Erm no... You need Gourmet Cells in order to be strong, if you don't have them you're trash, then you need to power up your cells by eating ingredients... What you're describing are merely fighting styles. You are worthless if you don't have Gourmet Cells, you are worthless if you don't power them up by eating ingredients, it's pretty much the same thing.

  8. #1057
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko 195 Chapter Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Erm no... You need Gourmet Cells in order to be strong, if you don't have them you're trash, then you need to power up your cells by eating ingredients... What you're describing are merely fighting styles. You are worthless if you don't have Gourmet Cells, you are worthless if you don't power them up by eating ingredients, it's pretty much the same thing.
    I don't think this is totally correct. Sure, Gourmet Cells help a ton, but there are still people like Acacia that should have been pretty strong before people had Gourmet Cells implanted into them.

    And then there are people like Melk II, there's no proof she has gourmet cells, and she's still relatively strong IIRC. Not to mention the food honor people besides Chin, and Match.

    The Gourmet Knights too, maybe, besides Ai, since I'm not sure how their cells could evolve without eating extravagantly.
    Last edited by Zatono; July 12, 2012 at 01:44 PM.

  9. #1058
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gourmet World
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,415
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko 195 Chapter Discussion

    Actually most of the relevant people in this manga have Gourmet Cells. I believe only Komatsu and Melk and Match don't have them. The thing is that some fighters don't need Cells only because they don't go to Gourmet World and also because they use not a physical strength to fight, but swords or something else that enables them to be on par with more or less strong beasts.
    And those from Gourmet Knights eat special ingridients that are aloud for them by their doctrine, but they can also power you up.

    P.S. About Food Honour... It doesn't actually make you stronger. It just makes use of all your strength and cut off all your useless movements and get out the potential you don't use normally, so literaly it makes you always fight close to your 100% and also makes you more skilled and collected.

  10. #1059
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,514
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko 195 Chapter Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    I don't think this is totally correct. Sure, Gourmet Cells help a ton, but there are still people like Acacia that should have been pretty strong before people had Gourmet Cells implanted into them.

    And then there are people like Melk II, there's no proof she has gourmet cells, and she's still relatively strong IIRC. Not to mention the food honor people besides Chin, and Match.

    The Gourmet Knights too, maybe, besides Ai, since I'm not sure how their cells could evolve without eating extravagantly.
    In no way the Shokurin temple assistants don't have gourmet cells, let me put it clearly : Superhuman feats and power = Gourmet Cells in Toriko's world. This was already explained by Sani back at the Jewel meat arc. About Melk II, it's her knifes that do the job honestly, although she could've Gourmet cells, but she may not be interested into powering up

    About the Gourmet Knights, just because of their teachings doesn't mean they don't eat food that would power them up, they're just not glutton like Toriko... Don't forget that Toriko just keep eating and drinking non stop

  11. #1060
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko 195 Chapter Discussion

    Acacia and Frohze doesn't have Gourmet Cells before they discovered the Gourmet Jellyfish. But they're already strong during that time.

    Ichiryuu, Jiro and Midora also might not have Gourmet Cells before they became Acacia's followers. It only proves that even without Gourmet Cells, there are exceptional people that can still be strong.

  12. #1061
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,155
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko 195 Chapter Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    I don't think this is totally correct. Sure, Gourmet Cells help a ton, but there are still people like Acacia that should have been pretty strong before people had Gourmet Cells implanted into them.

    And then there are people like Melk II, there's no proof she has gourmet cells, and she's still relatively strong IIRC. Not to mention the food honor people besides Chin, and Match.

    The Gourmet Knights too, maybe, besides Ai, since I'm not sure how their cells could evolve without eating extravagantly.
    Lets not forget that some of the Best Chefs are human and started out plain, even Setsuna doesn't seem to have Gourmet cells in her, I think the Chefs don't really need gourmet cells rather they rely on food luck and their tech. to pass in the GW. Plus Komatsu seems to have improved a lot so I am not really concerned as long he improves in his tech.

  13. #1062
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,514
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko 195 Chapter Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    Acacia and Frohze doesn't have Gourmet Cells before they discovered the Gourmet Jellyfish. But they're already strong during that time.

    Ichiryuu, Jiro and Midora also might not have Gourmet Cells before they became Acacia's followers. It only proves that even without Gourmet Cells, there are exceptional people that can still be strong.
    We haven't seen Acacia and Frohze and yet you say something like that ? Who told you that they're strong before discovering the Gourmet Jellyfish ? We have 0 idea about that.

    We know nothing about Ichiryuu, Jirou, Midora's past... Who told you that they were Bishokuya before meeting Acacia and becoming his disciples ? Stop throwing things like this and considering them as facts.

    Quote Quote:
    Lets not forget that some of the Best Chefs are human and started out plain, even Setsuna doesn't seem to have Gourmet cells in her, I think the Chefs don't really need gourmet cells rather they rely on food luck and their tech. to pass in the GW. Plus Komatsu seems to have improved a lot so I am not really concerned as long he improves in his tech.
    Setsuno does have Gourmet Cells... If you still doubt that, I'd probably just ask you to reread that part where she met Alfaro at Ice Hell and you'll get it.
    It is already established, I don't get why you people suddenly brings that out... Superhuman power = Gourmet Cells. It's easy as that, and don't think that the author will waste time saying who does have Gourmet Cells and who doesn't... It's obvious.

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #1063
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko 195 Chapter Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    We haven't seen Acacia and Frohze and yet you say something like that ? Who told you that they're strong before discovering the Gourmet Jellyfish ? We have 0 idea about that.

    We know nothing about Ichiryuu, Jirou, Midora's past... Who told you that they were Bishokuya before meeting Acacia and becoming his disciples ? Stop throwing things like this and considering them as facts.
    Acacia and Frohze didn't become legendary just because of their gourmet cells. I'm pretty sure they're already strong before the discovery of the gourmet jellyfish.
    And let me just quote what you've said, "let me put it clearly : Superhuman feats and power = Gourmet Cells in Toriko's world"
    Aren't you the first who threw things and considered them facts?

    As Zatono said, Match and also Takimaru are the best example of someone who have Power and could perform Superhuman feats without needing to have gourmet cells. If Match doesn't have those two, I don't think he would survive an encounter against the strongest heavenly king.
    And Takimaru defeated a bishokukai branch chief.

    Now if you have doubts about them not having gourmet cells, just take a look at these links:
    http://forum.onemanga.com/showthread.php?p=4417184 Post #34
    http://toriko.wikia.com/wiki/Match read the comments section

  16. #1064
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,514
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko 195 Chapter Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    Acacia and Frohze didn't become legendary just because of their gourmet cells. I'm pretty sure they're already strong before the discovery of the gourmet jellyfish.
    And let me just quote what you've said, "let me put it clearly : Superhuman feats and power = Gourmet Cells in Toriko's world"
    Aren't you the first who threw things and considered them facts?

    As Zatono said, Match and also Takimaru are the best example of someone who have Power and could perform Superhuman feats without needing to have gourmet cells. If Match doesn't have those two, I don't think he would survive an encounter against the strongest heavenly king.
    And Takimaru defeated a bishokukai branch chief.

    Now if you have doubts about them not having gourmet cells, just take a look at these links:
    http://forum.onemanga.com/showthread.php?p=4417184 Post #34
    http://toriko.wikia.com/wiki/Match read the comments section

    I'm not throwing facts, as it has been said by Sani himself.
    But you, you keep bringing " people's comments " as a fact... They're not Shimabukuro as far as I recall right ? So, they're automaticlly disregarded.

    About Takimaru, he does have gourmet cells.

    Now get your facts straight, and wether you're sure Acacia and Frohze are strong is irrelevant because such a thing wasn't shown once in the manga, it is your opinion, that I respect, but that is not absolute.

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #1065
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko 195 Chapter Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    I'm not throwing facts, as it has been said by Sani himself.
    But you, you keep bringing " people's comments " as a fact... They're not Shimabukuro as far as I recall right ? So, they're automaticlly disregarded.

    About Takimaru, he does have gourmet cells.

    Now get your facts straight, and wether you're sure Acacia and Frohze are strong is irrelevant because such a thing wasn't shown once in the manga, it is your opinion, that I respect, but that is not absolute.
    Could you tell me exactly where Sani said that "only" people with gourmet cells could do superhuman things?

    And about Toriko commenting on Takimaru's cell growth, that was AFTER Century Soup arc where Takimaru got severely wounded and Teppei treated him.
    As you can see here, http://www.mangareader.net/349-51731...hapter-94.html the Doctor Aloe that was wrapped on Takimaru's body has the ability to heal CELLS.

    So Takimaru could have received some gourmet cells from that bandage which Toriko noticed.
    And look at Toriko's words: "Your cells have really evolved since before"
    Now that BEFORE could mean when Takimaru still have normal cells.

    But still, we are not sure if Takimaru really have gourmet cells. Toriko could also mean the cells that were affected by the "Curse" which was healed.
    Last edited by llydnarz; July 13, 2012 at 08:18 AM.

New Reply
Page 71 of 83 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts