Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 72 of 84 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1251

Thread: Toriko Hangout Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 195 Chapter Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    Could you tell me exactly where Sani said that "only" people with gourmet cells could do superhuman things?

And about Toriko commenting on Takimaru's cell growth, that was AFTER Century Soup arc where Takimaru got severely wounded and Teppei treated him.
    As you can see here, http://www.mangareader.net/349-51731...hapter-94.html the Doctor Aloe that was wrapped on Takimaru's body has the ability to heal CELLS.

So Takimaru could have received some gourmet cells from that bandage which Toriko noticed.
    And look at Toriko's words: "Your cells have really evolved since before"
    Now that BEFORE could mean when Takimaru still have normal cells.

But still, we are not sure if Takimaru really have gourmet cells. Toriko could also mean the cells that were affected by the "Curse" which was healed.
    He said that injecting people with Gourmet Cells gives birth to supermen... If it isn't clear enough, I don't know how can I explain it more than that...

Yeah the Dotor Aloe that heals " CELLS THAT HAVE NECROSIS LIKE BURNS OR FROSTBITES " (nice how you disregarded this part too...)
    And also, what Sani said, Gourmet Cells come from the Gourmet Jellyfish, not from Doctor Aloe, again, you just keep on spouting theories and such with nothing to back it up, like this whole Takimaru could have received GC from Doctor Aloe. And also, by before, Toriko meant the last time he met him at Ice Hell, nothing else nothing more.

Also, the GW disease wasn't completely healed, Aimaru did absorb it but it wasn't enough, as even Yosaku said that Takimaru still does have it. And also, that medecine was for Aimaru to begin with, so it's not like Takimaru ate it and was healed.
    Last edited by Zehahaha; July 13, 2012 at 01:58 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member noonethere's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/38903/t...0_by_map-scans
    Concerning whether Acacia had Gourmet Cells or not, from the link above, it does mention that Acacia was already an accomplished Bishokuya before discovering Gourmet Cells, indicating that he was already strong enough even before he could have gourmet cells. Also in the link given by Zehahaha, the last panel seems to indicate that his disciplines are the first successful examples of human with Gourmet cells. Moreover, the constant comparison of Komatsu with Frohze may indicate that Frohze wasn't the atheletic type..Well, in the end, its still speculation....

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    He said that injecting people with Gourmet Cells gives birth to supermen... If it isn't clear enough, I don't know how can I explain it more than that...

Yeah the Dotor Aloe that heals " CELLS THAT HAVE NECROSIS LIKE BURNS OR FROSTBITES " (nice how you disregarded this part too...)
    And also, what Sani said, Gourmet Cells come from the Gourmet Jellyfish, not from Doctor Aloe, again, you just keep on spouting theories and such with nothing to back it up, like this whole Takimaru could have received GC from Doctor Aloe. And also, by before, Toriko meant the last time he met him at Ice Hell, nothing else nothing more.

Also, the GW disease wasn't completely healed, Aimaru did absorb it but it wasn't enough, as even Yosaku said that Takimaru still does have it. And also, that medecine was for Aimaru to begin with, so it's not like Takimaru ate it and was healed.
    But he didn't say that only those supermen with gourmet cells could perform superhuman feats.
    What you said was Superhuman feats and Power = Gourmet cells. And "You need Gourmet Cells in order to be strong, if you don't have them you're trash" Which means people who doesn't have gourmet cells can't be strong and can't perform superhuman feats. Am I right?

And about the doctor aloe, are you aware of where and how plants get their nutrients? Aside from the sun, they get them from the soil. And the soil get them from the minerals and the decaying plants and animals. So if an animal with gourmet cell dies and a plant absorbs its nutrients, there is a possibility that it could absorb its cells too.
    You must be forgetting that there are other ways to acquire gourmet cells aside from injecting it directly to your body.
    He (Acacia) noticed that creatures who ate Gourmet Jellyfish would increase in flavor and would also grow in size and power.
    And since plants can't gain the power, it's possible that it gained the healing and regeneration abilities of the gourmet cells.

I did not disregard that part. I just thought it's just common sense that in order to heal those, regeneration is required. And regeneration is one of the known factor of gourmet cells.

And about Takimaru's "curse", I believe it's already healed. Because he travelled to healing country with Toriko and even got a cure for Aimaru's disease. And we know that one of the causes of Aimaru's disease is the same "curse" that Takimaru has. So if Aimaru who has tons of diseases and viruses in his body was healed, then we can assume that Takimaru, who only has a small portion of Aimaru's disease can also be healed.

And the reason why I still believe Takimaru didn't have gourmet cells is in that same chapter. Gourmet Knights have very simple diet. And that kind of diet wouldn't be compatible with gourmet cells. Because Gourmet Cells have very high energy demands, so individuals must consume frequent large amounts of delicious food, lest the cells begin uncontrollably devouring the their body at the cellular level.

So these theories I have been telling are backed by the manga itself. What about your theory of Takimaru having gourmet cells, what do you have to back it up? Toriko only mentioned cells, not gourmet cells. So technically speaking, it's just normal cells.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Take this gourmet cell argument to a hangout thread, or pm each other
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

There is canon and fanon. The manga clearly states those with inhuman strength have gourmet cells in them. Therefore I'm totally with Zehahaha on this. As much as llydnarz ideas seem interesting, they are nothing but fanon.

Anyway, since everyone were eating the bubble fruit, it means they are capable of food honour. Even Rin apparently. Even though she has GC in her, she shows no sign of evolution. I assume it means her GC lvl is way to low to react to quality food. Having said that, the dialogue in this chapter about failure equalling success, reminds me of a old conversation about Yosaku.

"Let me tell you how you measure a man, when his world starts to fall see how tall he stand. It matters not how many times you fall down, what matters most is how many times you rise. Mistakes build character, and character takes you places money can't" - T.I.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post

Anyway, since everyone were eating the bubble fruit, it means they are capable of food honour. Even Rin apparently. Even though she has GC in her, she shows no sign of evolution. I assume it means her GC lvl is way to low to react to quality food. Having said that, the dialogue in this chapter about failure equalling success, reminds me of a old conversation about Yosaku.

"Let me tell you how you measure a man, when his world starts to fall see how tall he stand. It matters not how many times you fall down, what matters most is how many times you rise. Mistakes build character, and character takes you places money can't" - T.I.
    A cooked bubble fruit probably dont need all that honor just like after you removed the poison from puffer whale anyone can eat them.
    Plus i dont think everyone has gourmet cells. Why would chef have them they just cook not hunt. Probably only bishokuyas have them. I like the idea that komatsu will remain free from getting gourmet cells. It will present more interesting story.

Acacia discovered gourmet cell when he has already journeyed to the ends of earth. that would mean he has already been to gourmet world right even before discovering that jellyfish. This might mean there are other ways to get strong without having gourmet cells

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nyamonyamo View Post
    A cooked bubble fruit probably dont need all that honor just like after you removed the poison from puffer whale anyone can eat them.
    In the disappearing cuisine food was served which needed appreciation. Means even after cooked, there are certain food only edible through appreciation. We know the raw bubble fruit needs appreciation, so why should the cooked fruit be any different? On top of that, Yuda brought them food suited for food immersion. Therefore I'm pretty sure they have mastered food honour.

Plus i dont think everyone has gourmet cells. Why would chef have them they just cook not hunt. Probably only bishokuyas have them. I like the idea that komatsu will remain free from getting gourmet cells. It will present more interesting story.
    So far most have top chefs were proven to have GC. Not to mention the series is build up so that only by having a certain amount of GC lvl, you can enter the GW. Chefs accompanying bishokuyas must have GC, to not be a nuisance for their partner

Komatsu is rly a exception though. Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if he were get get GC as well. I mean after the Take buildup, does seem possible now.

Acacia discovered gourmet cell when he has already journeyed to the ends of earth. that would mean he has already been to gourmet world right even before discovering that jellyfish. This might mean there are other ways to get strong without having gourmet cells
    I believe the "to the end of the earth" part is just a figure of speech. I assume he was somehwat capable, but by only acquiring GC he was able to conqure everything. Also I think god was discovered after the Jellyfish, as such he couldn't have been everywhere.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that the basics of food honor are not that hard and could be learned from some other source; however, I'm pretty sure there isn't anywhere in the world you could learn food immersion. After all, it is Shokurin Temple's greatest secret. The only way to learn it is walking the bubble road. There is absolutely no way anyone would know food immersion except for Toriko.

Only explanation here is that raw bubble fruit requires food honor and cooked does not, since the requirement is taken away through cooking.

Also, it would be very boring for all of them to learn same techniques. Toriko learned the basics of Sunny's 'intuition' (instinct), but he will never know it on Sunny's level because that's his main technique.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Plus it was also mention that even some beast have some variation of food honour. So instead of the same way toriko learn there must be other ways of eating food like that. Probably intuition (which doesn't require thought), hermit(probably train to seclusion, a form of meditating?), clairvoyance(to guess/see through), and food honour are their personal training method for each kings are in fact some form of food honour itself.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, it makes perfect sense to learn food honour through different ways. After all the president trained them all the same way. Since bubble fruit was on Toriko's list, I assume each had a similar ingredient in which food honour was a purpose to learn. At the end of the day food honour is just a booster skill, much like haki in One piece.

Regarding food immersion, that is just skill to store nourishment. I don't think it is a secret of the temple. I wouldn't be surprised if the other can do that too. Especially since Yuda was rather speaking genereally, instead of just talking to Toriko.

---------- Post added July 16, 2012 at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was July 14, 2012 at 02:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    Only explanation here is that raw bubble fruit requires food honor and cooked does not, since the requirement is taken away through cooking.
    The bubble fruit is the temple treasure. A temple dedicated to food honour. In a way I consider the bubble fruit as the essence of food honour. Now since in the disappearing cuisine prepared food required food honour, I still expect appreciation in order to eat the cooked temple treasure. Anything else is just devaluing the bubble fruit.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I also believe cooked bubble fruit no longer needs food honor or appreciation. It is only required in "capturing" or "harvesting" and cooking the fruit, it would be a pain if food honor is still required in eating it after all the special preparation required in cooking it.
    It's already "prepared" before it is served. So I think it's ready to eat.

And if it requires something in order to eat it, Komatsu should have told them before serving it. Because he doesn't know if all of them had learned food honor. And he wouldn't want to spoil all the hard work he's put into cooking it if someone eats it wrong.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko Hangout Thread

In order to actually adapt to different crazy enviroments you need to have Gourmet Cells. Also to have superhuman power you must have Gourmet Cells.
    Even the strongest Chefs have Gourmet Cells. Remember how Setsuno jumped in her basement to a top of her cooking pot. A normal human can't do this for obvious reasons. Hell even Toriko couldn't do this and he was one of the strongest Bishokuya's of his generation with Gourmet Cells.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So thanks to fkm789, I became aware of extra scans in the tank. I asked Kewl to translate the Ichiryuu-Bishokukai interaction, and he even gave me extra.

First up is Aimaru's full course.
    Spoiler show

Next are some missing pages from the Ichiryuu-Bishokukai interaction.
    Spoiler show

21. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Woah that was fast! thank you Zatono and of course Kewl for translate the pages its interesting that ichiryu's ability and the aimaru's menu.

Sorry for ask again but also i noticed that shimabukuro give us the names os those guys from the gourmet Knights elite :

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/8...metknhigts.jpg

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He gave me that too :3

Quote Quote:
    Page 178:
    Descriptions: "Blue Sky Group"
    Yukimaru
    "Blue Sky Group"
    Raimaru
    "Hiddden Leaf Group"
    Kagemaru
    "Milky Way Group"
    Tsukimaru
    T/N: The names mean Snow-Circle, Thunder-Circle, Shadow-Circle, and Moon-Circle respectively.

24. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 72 of 84 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 ... LastLast