Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Toriko Character Chart

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kotonoha21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko Character Chart

Chart last updated: Chapter 259

This is a chart I made in response to the happenings in the Cooking Festival arc. There were so many shifting alliances that it was hard for me to keep track, so I made a list…which turned into a chart…which was then made into a grid, made more beautiful, more extensive, etc. In short, it turned into a bigger project than I planned, but some have said it’s useful, so here it is! Please use it as you like, anywhere you like. The chart’s initial purpose was to show the new balance of power between the IGO, the Bishokukai and NEO, but it could also be used for different things, like remembering the names of all those chefs.

If you notice a mistake or think there’s a better way to organize something, please let me know in this thread. I may or may not agree, but I’m open to all suggestions since I know it can be improved! I’ll probably update this thread periodically as characters are confirmed alive, new characters appear, or further revelations occur.

Finally, about who appears on the chart: I decided to include only characters who 1) are relevant to the world’s power balance or 2) are important to the plot for some reason, like an association with an important character. That’s why Yun is on here but Zonge is not, for example. I did consider making it an ultimate character chart with everyone ever mentioned, lines connecting people, etc. but decided against it. Still, if that's something you'd like to see, let me know.

Chart Details

Red section: IGO employees
    Blue section: Bishokukai members
    Purple section: NEO members
    Brown section: Other individuals and groups. Many of these people are allied with the IGO, but since they don’t work for the IGO, they’re listed here.

White box: Alive
    Gray box: Status unknown
    Black box: Dead

Yellow triangle: IGO Chef Ranking
    Gray triangle: Former IGO Chef Ranking

Finally, I want to thank the Toriko Wiki, since they were my main source for the info in this chart! Also Hi wa Mata Noboru for their scans!
    Last edited by Kotonoha21; November 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM.

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Buranchi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko Character Chart

Very good chart, but isn't Kuriboh still IGO? Triple agent for Ichiryuu, etc.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ghan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Could you make it bigger if possible?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the only manga I read where there is such a huge cast of characters that we need to keep track of in order to find out who they're fighting for. That's what makes this chart great, we can really put it into perspective how each side is standing. I didn't really notice how many members were still with the bishokukai until I saw it, it seemed that they had been outright cleaned out by Neo but the jury is still out on Alfaro though. And who knows how effective Grin will be now. Actually take that back, they basically only have Star and Limon left because Alfaro is currently pulling a Coco since he's either dead, defected, or somehow managed to get away from the blue Nitro/Megarodras+Ramon. Jerry Boy got pretty messed up at the stadium, and the rest are not...useful.

And btw, Ootake was captured but he's totally cool with it lol so isn't it more like he's defected?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cedre's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    And btw, Ootake was captured but he's totally cool with it
    I laughed more than I should have

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chart refreshed at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by kewl0210 View Post
    This is a really awesome guide. Great layout and everything. I like the chef ranks and all that.
    You used a few different spellings than what I use in my translations but you're free to do what you want. I should point out it's Grinparch not Grinpatch. I mis-wrote it and changed it later on, it's not supposed to be romanized that way based on the Japanese. I'm writing Branchi like that now, as well. That's more to me just liking that spelling better. There's like 5 English words you can romanize his name to. I think it's supposed to maybe refer to the branching of lightening, based on his attacks.
    Can you really say people defected from being "Others"? That's an interesting way to put it. You could just say they were there all along.
    And I think you're missing "Elboh" the guy who mans the entrance to Gourmet World. And the Monchy brothers. And there's that other Saiseiya that shows up sometimes with the Link-style hat. I don't think he has a name. And then there's always the really minor characters like Patch-shi and the Gourmet Barber guy...
    It might help to have a key somewhere, too. The gray ones are "life or death status unknown" right?
    You’re right on Grinparch (or Grinperch?), thanks! I’ve changed it. As for ブランチ, for me, I’d go with Brunch because the series is all about food, but I guess it could be another romanization as well. (I used to use Buranchi myself before I face palmed after realizing, “Hey…that’s ’brunch.’” Took me long enough.) Also, I changed the “Defected”s in the Others category to “NEO agent”.

I'm still not sure if I'm willing to take on the challenge of including every character. Elboh is valid, though. I'll definitely add him later.

I almost forgot: I wanted to thank you since I used Hi wa Mata Noboru’s scans for the chart’s pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Buranchi View Post
    Very good chart, but isn't Kuriboh still IGO? Triple agent for Ichiryuu, etc.
    Yeah, that should be triple agent. I changed it to “IGO triple agent?”. If it's ever 100% confirmed I'll delete the question mark. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghan View Post
    Could you make it bigger if possible?
    Right now, it’s at max resolution, sorry. However, it seems like a few people would like to see almost every character on the chart. If I decide to go for it, I’ll probably have to reorganize a bit and starting from scratch may be easier. What size would you like to see?

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    This is the only manga I read where there is such a huge cast of characters that we need to keep track of in order to find out who they're fighting for. That's what makes this chart great, we can really put it into perspective how each side is standing. I didn't really notice how many members were still with the bishokukai until I saw it, it seemed that they had been outright cleaned out by Neo but the jury is still out on Alfaro though. And who knows how effective Grin will be now. Actually take that back, they basically only have Star and Limon left because Alfaro is currently pulling a Coco since he's either dead, defected, or somehow managed to get away from the blue Nitro/Megarodras+Ramon. Jerry Boy got pretty messed up at the stadium, and the rest are not...useful.

And btw, Ootake was captured but he's totally cool with it lol so isn't it more like he's defected?
    Lol, I could do that, but then where would it lead? How much info is too much?
    Ootake: Captured (but cool with it)
    Nakaume: Captured (by his boss, worst job ever)
    Komatsu: Captured (despite the best efforts of his life Combo partner)
    But I will consider it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cedre View Post
    I already had this discussion with other people but I just can´t like the romanization "Bogie Woods", as valid as it may be. I mean, they just turned a one word name (in japanese) to a two word name. All of a sudden the guy has a last name?

I´ll stick to Bogeyuz.
    Point taken. I changed it to Bogeywoods for now. I’m honestly not sure what I prefer for him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what forums are all about, great work!
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing chart!

I did one back then when the manga was in Mellow Cola arc, it had an hierarchy structure, and it was good with a few characters, but soon a lot more were introduced and it got too complicated.

Yours looks a lot better.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member zangetsukakashi's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the awesome chart kotonoha

Quote Originally Posted by Salce View Post
    Amazing chart!

I did one back then when the manga was in Mellow Cola arc, it had an hierarchy structure, and it was good with a few characters, but soon a lot more were introduced and it got too complicated.

Yours looks a lot better.
    oh, salce. where've ya been pal?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zangetsukakashi View Post
    oh, salce. where've ya been pal?
    Hey zangetsukakashi.
    I lost interest in Toriko during the four beast arc and the beginning of Cooking Fest arc.
    But i'm liking the manga right now.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Now i think link is dead -*-

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Pucheggz: I checked the link and it still works for me. Are you sure?

Also, a note: I'm currently working on making a bigger version of this (higher resolution plus more characters). I'm not sure when it'll be done, though.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh today its ok -*- i think my internet . sry

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ProGoddess's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Such a nice chart - you can see all the participating characters in one glance.

~~~~++~~~~Do You Love Me?~~~~++~~~~

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Norland's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

wow... what a great character chart!! Thanks a lot Kotonoha21

since now the story enter Gourmet World, here list new/alteration character (since chapter 274) :

OTHERS
    - Chichi "Taste Hermit"
    - Octoposuika (New Animal Partners)
    - Mappy (Travel Frog)
    - CAReru (New Animal Partners)

IGO
    - Komatsu back to Toriko's side
    - Mansam become President
    - Rin (Gourmet Laboratory Chief)
    - Johannes (IGO Development Bureau Chief)
    Last edited by Norland; May 26, 2014 at 01:47 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast