Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 73 of 84 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1247

Thread: Toriko Hangout Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko Hangout Thread

Aimaru's full course is quite interesting and as expected from him I guess.
    Now, about the Midora/Ichiryuu thing, it is more obvious in those pages that Midora was stronger than Ichiryuu back then. Notice how Ichiryuu's force of attraction was drawing the Bishokukai, but then again it was Ichiryuu who kinda moved a little bit (or something like that) to where the Bishokukai were, it was certainly Midora.

Many thanks to kewl and Zatono.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

^You are right, that's the moment Midora appeared and apparently exhibited his attraction force. It was heavily implied that Midora at the moment is stronger than Ichiryu, by unknown margin. Ichiryu was Acacia's best student and probably the strongest, but he got complacent while Midora had a clear goal in mind and had been working diligently on getting stronger ever since.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member lunacat's Avatar
    Country
    Algeria
    Post Thanks / Like

zebra's pet was a zebra xD who would've guessed !, i thought it should be a crocodile
    +
    Coco-san wa sugooooooi

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: side effects of motrin 600

Greetings Muscle Lovers.

I'm sure a lot of you enjoy technology and hold interest in various technological subjects. I'm happy to inform you that MH has opened a brand new section dedicated to all talk technology.

Take a look while you agonize over the lack of muscles (and Toriko in this arc, though it'll change), and by all means post:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumd...ion-Technology

Also, post in this thread!
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow I havent logged into MH in a while, so things have changed quite a bit haha. Nonetheless, I felt the need to say this. Toriko is similar to One Piece, in that the main character can easily be shown not to be involved at the crux of the fight compared to Naruto/Bleach. The excitement we feel w/ Granny Setsu for e.g. etc. etc. akin to Whitebeard and War in OP. What do you guys think?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner fenrir7's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

new Toriko fan here. Read from Chapter 1 til the current chapter in just a few days. This is the best manga for me. Way better than the overrated Naruto and Bleach mangas.

Anyway, while waiting for the next chapter, do you guys know any manga which has very similar themes as Toriko? i.e. Capture leve/power level/new beasts which are formidable-looking, power ups/training, and cool enemies?

Stuff I currently read are:

One Piece
    Naruto
    Bleach
    The Breaker: New Waves
    Claymore
    HSDK
    Deadman Wonderland
    Hunter x Hunter
    D. Grayman (whenever I feel like it. lol)

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see new Toriko fan around.

Well, to be fair, I don't think there is something similar to Toriko, since it's pretty much unique.
    Though, there are two mangas that look a bit like Toriko and you are already reading one of them - One Piece. As for me Fairy Tail also looks a bit like One Piece and Toriko to some degree, but is a bit more childish if it's possible to say so.

Anyways, I hope you'll find some interesting staff to read.

P.S. It's a bit different, but maybe you would like to try Magi?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Read Feng Sheng Ji..... Though it is a lot more serious...

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Black Void's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

TORIKO! Woot.. Somehow I'm hungry now^^ ... awkward :-P
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic134950_2.gif

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Nice to see new Toriko fan around.

Well, to be fair, I don't think there is something similar to Toriko, since it's pretty much unique.
    Though, there are two mangas that look a bit like Toriko and you are already reading one of them - One Piece. As for me Fairy Tail also looks a bit like One Piece and Toriko to some degree, but is a bit more childish if it's possible to say so.

Anyways, I hope you'll find some interesting staff to read.

P.S. It's a bit different, but maybe you would like to try Magi?
    Thanks! Indeed, the closest thing to bringing the same feeling of excitement and makes my mind ponder the possibilities in a strange, new world is One Piece. I find Fairy Tail a little bit generic. It's more of battles.

I do agree that Toriko is really unique and that is what totally blew me away right from the first chapter. I'm bewildered as to how this manga hasn't caught fire and isn't as popular yet as the big three.

The monsters, the different areas in the world being explored and the characters themselves all make this a fun and exciting manga to follow. It easily shot up to the top of my favorite mangas all-time. Hunter X Hunter would've filled in for my Toriko cravings but we all know it's on hiatus.

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post

oooh, thanks! I'll give it a try. Doesn't matter if it's serious or not just as long as the elements of power level, measurable strength of the enemies, training and visible results of the training and interesting enemies are there.

oh, and monsters. haha. gotta love fierce monsters!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Magi is quite good as well. It has mysterious organisation, adventure, fantasy and character class like toriko. Oh and lots of traps =P kinda like an anti toriko where you find muscle bound freaks in magi its all pretty girls and boy but dont be fool by that. The action is the same as toriko (body parts fly around, extreme violence etc).

Another good one is shingeki no kyojin but its more of survival. Set in a strange land besiege by titans that eat humans for sport (or someting like that lol)

Tower of God is a manhwa (korea) and quite good as well. The inhabitants of the world enters a tower and try to climb higher believing that their wish will be granted at the top. To clear each level they have to fight thru monster(tho hasn't been shown yet) and each fighters are ranked based on fighting power.

If you're into sports try Baby Steps. Its about tennis. Incredible character development and doesnt fall into cliche tropes. Oh and its normal tennis unlike Prince of Tennis(fantasy tennis where they can make tornados by hitting the ball with the strength of thousand suns). Since you read Kenichi thought you might like it.

Toriko focus on the ingredients rather than cooking so if you want something for your appetite i suggest Shokugeki no Soma.

Its all i can think right now so hope you will enjoy.

ps: cant wait for toriko this week! Hope they will focus of granny setsu obliterating those 3 upstarts

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nyamonyamo View Post
    Magi is quite good as well. It has mysterious organisation, adventure, fantasy and character class like toriko. Oh and lots of traps =P kinda like an anti toriko where you find muscle bound freaks in magi its all pretty girls and boy but dont be fool by that. The action is the same as toriko (body parts fly around, extreme violence etc).

Another good one is shingeki no kyojin but its more of survival. Set in a strange land besiege by titans that eat humans for sport (or someting like that lol)

Tower of God is a manhwa (korea) and quite good as well. The inhabitants of the world enters a tower and try to climb higher believing that their wish will be granted at the top. To clear each level they have to fight thru monster(tho hasn't been shown yet) and each fighters are ranked based on fighting power.

If you're into sports try Baby Steps. Its about tennis. Incredible character development and doesnt fall into cliche tropes. Oh and its normal tennis unlike Prince of Tennis(fantasy tennis where they can make tornados by hitting the ball with the strength of thousand suns). Since you read Kenichi thought you might like it.

Toriko focus on the ingredients rather than cooking so if you want something for your appetite i suggest Shokugeki no Soma.

Its all i can think right now so hope you will enjoy.

ps: cant wait for toriko this week! Hope they will focus of granny setsu obliterating those 3 upstarts

wow! Thank you for the suggestions. I'll definitely give those a read as I need a distraction from all the Toriko craving I have. Thank you very much, Golden Week.

The anticipation for the next chapter is killing me. Granny Setsu with the handicap and still obliterating those NEO bastards would definitely make my day. And more Zebra awesomeness!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

I started reading Area D - Inou Ryouiki

It's about people with special powers appearing who are then being caught and sent to a special prison for them - Area D, to isolate them from the rest of the society. The story is set in the said Area D. It has super powers, fighting, some mystery etc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fenrir7 View Post
    Thanks! Indeed, the closest thing to bringing the same feeling of excitement and makes my mind ponder the possibilities in a strange, new world is One Piece. I find Fairy Tail a little bit generic. It's more of battles.
    If you enjoys reading a "new world" a lot, try to look into Beet, the Vandal Buster. It have one of my most favorite world ever.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    I started reading this to kill time when waiting for toriko chapters to come out. it's a pity that the english translations are comign out slow. I loved it! It's serious, it's badass and all pages are colored. Just wish all the other chapters will get an english release soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    I started reading Area D - Inou Ryouiki

It's about people with special powers appearing who are then being caught and sent to a special prison for them - Area D, to isolate them from the rest of the society. The story is set in the said Area D. It has super powers, fighting, some mystery etc.
    That sounds like Deadman Wonderland. I'll check this one out too.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    If you enjoys reading a "new world" a lot, try to look into Beet, the Vandal Buster. It have one of my most favorite world ever.
    ooh, this one was suggested to me before but never had the time to read it. will check it out as well.

thanks for all the suggestions guys. this should definitely keep me sane while waiting for toriko chapters every week.

New Reply
Page 73 of 84 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast