Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1159

Thread: Toriko Hangout Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko Hangout Thread

I just read some relaxation technique and one of the key point in it is undoubting appreciation towards yourself and this can be achieve by meditation of gratitude. This can boost your relaxation, lowers anxiety level and improve self confidence. Its almost similar in principal to food honour. I'm gonna try this and see if i can cut cabbage in 5 sec. My time is 10 sec in a blender

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Black Void's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

when i look at Starjun.. somehow he remindes me of Midora.. maybe his son? (hairsytle.. appearance)^^ na whatever
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic134950_2.gif

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose thats more to the fact that Shima-sensei has a very.. set drawing style with quiet some people bearing resemblance to one another. But it would certainly raise an interesting point.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member zangetsukakashi's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno if i should post this here, but anyway, there's some kinda wiki competition about fictional food going around, where u vote on ur favorite fictional food... and we're in. If possible, u guys can help us win, cause as it stands, more popular wikis tend to win just cause they're popular. Anyway, it's just a fun game, so if possible, help us win to promote our wiki more

http://recipes.wikia.com/wiki/User_b...ght-_Round_One

Thanks

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I don't think it's an accident that Star resembles Midora because of this: This page

First, he's shown with the odd transparency that Midora used, and then we simply get the image of his back with the same hair Midora has. Every part of that page was implying that he is Midora, until the next chapter when it was disproved. Take outright said "let me introduce you to my combo partner" and then says that his partner is Midora even though it was somewhat of a lie. We had no definite proof it was Star until his face was shown, basically to say to us "Nope, I'm not Midora srry!"

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cedre's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I created a Toriko Art thread for those who do Toriko artworks. If you show someone else´s drawings/crafts, please source them.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...009-Toriko-Art

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of the techniques used to power-up Characters in the Toriko-verse can be applied in real life too to power-up your self in the real world too

E.g.

1. Food honor- gratitude. When you give thanks to everything in life, your minds spend less time/energy in negative emotions state thereby giving you more time and energy on other constructive activity

2. Intuition - trust your gut more

3. Mental image - imagine a good and peaceful future.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Hunter x Hunter 2013 awards have started! Mosey over to the The Hunter x Hunter 2013 Awards Forum to begin nominating! The nomination period ends November 15th, so get your nominations in!

Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; November 12, 2013 at 11:20 AM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It is confirmed that Toriko has surpassed printing 18,000,000 copies.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member zangetsukakashi's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Awesome! I hope it sells more and more in the future

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    great. probably best manga now days. even better than One Piece

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Necron's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I've never been to the Toriko forums and I've never read the manga.
    Now the last chapter has recieved so much praise and people are kind of crazy over this manga that I'm thinking about reading it.

I kind of spoiled a portion of the manga by reading the latest chapter with the new capture levels. And according to the reaction of most readers I've heard from it's kind of ridiculous.
    The only thing I'm worried about is that this might lead to a Dragon Ball Z/GT syndrome. Because once everyone on there was able to obliterate planets with one attack it got boring very fast.

So maybe some of you can help me out. Is my worrying unjustified at this point? Because I realy haven't read Toriko and am just basing my opinion on what I've experienced with DBZ/DBGT.

Thanks in advance
    My Deviant Art
    But don't expect any Manga drawing here, haven't done that in a long time.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kotonoha21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Necron View Post
    So maybe some of you can help me out. Is my worrying unjustified at this point? Because I realy haven't read Toriko and am just basing my opinion on what I've experienced with DBZ/DBGT.
    I’m not sure how much you know about Toriko, so I’ll try my best not to spoil anything in my comment.

The capture levels in the latest chapter are indeed insane, and capture levels basically serve the same purpose as power levels do in DBZ. However, the latest chapter of Toriko basically gave us an “upper limit” for capture levels in the series—for example, the beast with the highest capture level in the chapter is already confirmed as one of the eight strongest beasts on the entire planet, so now we have some idea of what the upper tier is like. In other words, I don’t think Toriko’s capture levels are as arbitrary as DBZ power levels, where the numbers just keep climbing with no end in sight. I’m sure we’ll see higher capture levels than we’ve seen in this chapter, but it should be a long time coming.

There’s also the fact that the chapter was designed to show us how far Toriko still has to go. There are differing opinions on just exactly how strong Toriko is now, but I think that everybody can agree that he is absolutely no match for several of the beasts we’ve now seen. He’s definitely going to have to train and struggle a lot to reach the top tier, and it’s not something that’s going to happen quickly.

Finally, another way Toriko and DBZ differ is that Toriko is at heart an adventure series, while DBZ is a battle series. Toriko definitely has ridiculously high-powered fights in it, but there’s also other things about the series to enjoy. If you like adventure, I’d definitely give the series a shot.

Hopefully that answers your question. If it doesn’t, let me know and I’ll try to clarify.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Necron's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha21 View Post
    Hopefully that answers your question. If it doesn’t, let me know and I’ll try to clarify.
    Thanks a lot for the answer!
    I pretty much don't know anything about Toriko, aside from the capture levels and the fact that it's about cooking (which I'm sure doesn't take away from it, considering all the praise).
    And I do ejnoy adventure stories done right (and once again looking at all the praise, Toriko seems to be doing it right), considering the fact that One Piece is my favourite manga at the moment.

Hearing you describe it like that definately makes me want to give it a try, and calms my worries about the DBZ syndrome.
    My Deviant Art
    But don't expect any Manga drawing here, haven't done that in a long time.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kotonoha21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Necron View Post
    Hearing you describe it like that definately makes me want to give it a try, and calms my worries about the DBZ syndrome.
    I'd say give it a try! One Piece is also my favorite manga, and Toriko has some things in common with it: a colorful world, fun adventures, and a generally lighthearted feel. Toriko's pacing is much faster, though, for better or worse, and it's very '80s Retraux. Basically, put One Piece, DBZ, and Fist of the North Star in a blender, add FOOD, sprinkle a bit of JoJo-esque weirdness on top, and you'll get Toriko.

If you read up until the end of the Century Soup/Ice Hell arc—basically the first 100 chapters—you should be able to tell whether or not you'll like the series as a whole. The basic premise is very clear from the beginning, though. If you read the first two chapters, you'll understand most of what the series is about.

New Reply
Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast