Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Game Music

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member One Eyed Sharingan's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favourite Game Music

My favorite is from Valkyrie Profile, love the music (Motoi Sakuraba is the best ), especially "Battle with God Syndrome", "Confidence in The Domination", "Behave Irrationally"
    Last edited by One Eyed Sharingan; May 29, 2008 at 11:56 AM.

Holy Knight 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Agrias's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Final Fantasy VI <3
    Every soundtrack from the FF series is great, though. Aeris' theme, Waltz for the moon, the Balamb Garden theme, the FF7 world theme, FF IV battle song, every battle theme from FFT (and that wonderful opening)....but nothing beats the wonderful Aria Di Mezzo Carattere from FFVI (the opera song)...:~) The characters' themes from FF6 are also spetacular. I won't ever forget Terra's theme.

I'm listening to the Phoenix Wright orchestra soundrack now, it's very good. Very catchy songs ^^

I love the Xenogears soundtrack and the Lunar series also.

(The Guitar Hero soundtracks doesn't count as videogame music ne? xD)

But the best one is the Super Mario Bros theme, no arguing! >D

edit: How could I forget? GUILTY GEAR! Fuuga > all! xD
    Last edited by Agrias; May 29, 2008 at 02:21 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AxelCross's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noice thread. Very noice.

Well, first and foremost RPG music will always be my number one. Namely, Nobuo Uematsu of course, the man is a genius and has indirectly gotten me through a lot of troubled, stressful times with this serene, beautiful music, to say the very least. My favorite score out of all the Final Fantasy games has to be VIII. Blue Fields, Lunatic Pandora, Balamb Garden, among others are my favorites. Blue Fields will put me to sleep like a baby, it's so calming and will no doubt calm me down from anything. Runner ups are VI, VII, and X. Other than the FF series, I really love the Chrono series music. A few others series favorites are Legend of Legia, Legend of Dragoon, Baten Kaitos, Golden Sun, Breath of Fire, and Xeno-series. I'm sure there's others I'm forgetting, but those stick out the most.

Now there is one series that gets it's own category, just because it's that amazing. The Legend of Zelda of course! Koji Kondo captivates with the mythical music of this series in ways that are only rivaled by Uematsu's work. From the Hyrulean triumph to the serene sounds of Lake Hylia, all tracks are no doubt classics. I truly cannot remember hearing a Zelda game that didn't completely blow me away with its score. The one game that stands out for me, however, is The Wind Waker. It's so upbeat and wild yet has those mystical and passive tracks as well, it's the perfect blend for any fantasy fan.

Next up is Metal Gear. While the score isn't as captivating to listen to as Final Fantasy or The Legend of Zelda, it has its own special....something that adds to it. Which is why I love it so much, I can't put my finger on what makes it so special, but every time I hear the Metal Gear Solid 3 theme, or the espionage wonders of the Tanker in Metal Gear Solid 2, it brings back some great memories and keeps me on the edge of my seat as I play. It's also nice to listen to as background music. The slow and jazz-like tones play it nicely if one decicdes to kick back to the OST. Other tunes are clearly more jazz oriented than others, but they all still have a general tone which makes listening to the OST an experience, it helps to keep it consistent.

Well, that's about it. I have other favorites but I'm a bit tired right now. So I'll save it for another post another day.
    In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade.
    Hopelessly drifting, bathing in beautiful agony.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

For me:
    1) the MGS series, the songs from games are simply amazing.....each song gets you into the specific game section/scene whether it is sad, action or happy......

2) the Resident Evil series, by far my favorite in all games.......each song is just suitable for the situation it is played.....and it is very very hard to forget them.

3) also the Silent Hill series too......just great

Aristocratic Assassin MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted LadyHatake's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

XENOSAGA <3 Communication Breakdown is teh fucking rocks <3 http://youtube.com/watch?v=ufIFbvMtMTo Some of the most gorgeous music I have ever head in my life

Anything FF, for the most part. One Winged Angel <3 Suteki da ne <3 To Zanarkand <3 anything else <3

In also truly enjoyed the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack. Not just for Utadu Hikaru, but the composition of the base soundtrack was both stirring and pretty much just effing awesome, in both I and II.

I'm back :3

Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Dr4G0nZ's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe you guys didn't mention the Mother series; I love the music in there. Legend of Zelda series music is also pretty cool. On the flip side, there's a large variety of music in GTA. Kingdom Hearts music was also pretty nice.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nekoi Echizen's Avatar
    With Hiruma Youichi so.. I can't tell you where..
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I think my favourite game music is the Lunar the Silver Star Story first game one! Luna's voice is amazing! <3

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiro-kun's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Video game Music ...
    hmm

1.Final Fantasy Music is one of the best put together music in video games that i listened to , for example One Winged Angel (FFVII) and (RandomDancing Mad (FFVI) were nice put together music and the songs in the games arent too bad (the ones in FFIX and FFX i dont know the song names).

2.) Kingdom Hearts Music was nice, as others had said Utada Hikaru is a great singer and some music were quite interesting to listen to...

3.) Legend of Zelda had a pretty good Sound track, especially in the last ten years of the series.

and there were some other video games that had a good soundtrack (Super Smash Bros Brawl? lol)

Vintage Reboot 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity vintagemistakes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nekoi Echizen View Post
    I think my favourite game music is the Lunar the Silver Star Story first game one! Luna's voice is amazing! <3
    I don't really remember the music that much from the Lunar series... all that I remember is how bloody awesome the games were. Vastly underrated. especially the Sega CD versions, they were by far two of the greatest RPG's ever made.

As for my favorite game music... Of course anything Final Fantasy. Thats pretty much a no brainer. However, I would have to say that I'm pretty partial towards any classic NES game. Some of it probably has to do with the nostalgic feeling one gets when they hear the tunes as they tend take one back to "the simpler" times of when one was a kid. But mostly because they were so simple. Whether it be Super Mario Bros, Zelda, Contra, Castlevania, Metroid etc. the list just goes on an on. The music stays in your head. Who now can't hum or imagine the music to lets say Super Mario Bros?... No one, and just that speaks for the brilliance of it

Speaking of Castlevania... Not only does it remind me that I have to go buy a DS so that I can play Order of Ecclesia but I can't forget about SOTN(Symphony of the Night). By far one of the greatest composed scores for a video game ever. The classical style music fit the story so perfectly. I don't really know what else to say about it other then its brilliant.

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member thsv's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

F-Zero, especially Mute City from the SNES version

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Paper's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots... Here are some of my faves:

-Opening theme of SD Gundam G-generation F for the PS 1
    -Hyrule field and Kokiri forest themes from the Zelda franchise
    -Rival Schools opening theme for the PS1
    -MGS opening theme in the PS1
    -Thousand Arms opening theme
    -Wild Arms 1 & 2 opening theme
    -Boss battle themes form FF2, 7, 8, and 10

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hayashida's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm off the top of my head;

ufouria
    wizards and warriors 3
    mario franchise
    suikoden
    final fantasy franchise
    wonderboy collection

pretty much any old 8-bit tune gets me goin

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anything by Masafumi Takada (Killer7 and No More Heroes)
    Ape Escape
    Katamari Damacy

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Do Kesubei's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hideki Naganuma (Jet Set Radio, Sonic Rush, Ollie King)
    The Final Fantasy series, especially the first Crystal Chronicles
    Metal Gear 2 (MSX)
    Quarth (MSX)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jukrat's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i like;
    prince of persia
    silent hill
    devil may cry