Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Game Music

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favourite Game Music

here's just a few so far:

Spoiler: Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals show

Spoiler: Chrono Trigger show

Spoiler: Secret of Mana show

Spoiler: Tales of Phantasia show
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 31, 2011 at 11:47 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Andmoreagain's Avatar
    Country
    St Vincent and the Grenadines
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobody said anything about the Touhou series?

They're pretty good and well-known:

Some of them have very popular remixes:
    -Original

-Viral remix

-Original

- Viral remix (and nice art):
    From Arthur Lee's mind:
    Quote Quote:
    You are just a thought that someone somewhere somehow feels you should be here
    And it's so for real to touch to smell, to feel, to know where you are here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2wAhdI5XE4

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ochiru's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if you ask me my favorite gaming soundtracks have so far come from Devil May Crys,The Elder Scrolls,Nyre and the last but not least Assasins Creed. All of the last three Elder Scrolls,Nyre,Assasins Creed have this action packed music which gets your heart beating along with making this nostalgic and epic feeling really fitting for the movie kind of games they are and such along with that Elder Scrolls music is so mysterious,beatiful,epic along with Nyre.Assasins Creed adds always a beatiful main theme into it which gets you all soft and emotional but as for the action parts it gets you feel the thrill and the excitement of the chase.Devil May Cry has this great metal type of music fused with eletronic effects really getting you to rip it all of and get yourself go WILD.And what wouldnt be the best moment to go crazy and reckles than to kill few demons playing as epic character as Dante is?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

while not music, I love Morrowind's lightning/thunder.... every time it makes me jump in my chair, lol
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mana Khemia battle music is so catchy. Here are my favorites:

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kolinsky's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ocarina of Time. Classic!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not going to be very original. When I think to music in video games, I think to final fantasy.

Final fantasy X-2: a 1000 words. Ok, the game wasn't that good for many but this cinematic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKlQ9_7A-Hc is still awesome. The end of Final Fantasy 8 with "eyes on me" is also worth mentionning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-_Did76LXQ).

Also from the ff series: the "terra's theme" from FF6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7RPY-oiDAQ) & "you're not alone" from FF9 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx_Qqzs4cfk).

From other games: the whole game music from Metal gear solid (1 to 4) is extremely good.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    I'm not going to be very original. When I think to music in video games, I think to final fantasy.

Final fantasy X-2: a 1000 words. Ok, the game wasn't that good for many but this cinematic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKlQ9_7A-Hc is still awesome. The end of Final Fantasy 8 with "eyes on me" is also worth mentionning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-_Did76LXQ).

Also from the ff series: the "terra's theme" from FF6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7RPY-oiDAQ) & "you're not alone" from FF9 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx_Qqzs4cfk).

From other games: the whole game music from Metal gear solid (1 to 4) is extremely good.
    And here I was thinking of posting some FF musics...
    Screw originality, FF musics are beyond what a lot of other games can offer.

"You're not alone" is what made the best moment in FFIX for me. Not changing this song while in battle was a perfect choice.

Here are some that hold a special place in my heart :

- Celes's Theme. Just listen ot it...

- Searching for friends. Surely one of the best overworld themes ever made. Catches the epic feeling of "let's go on a travel !" and succeds in not being far too below Terra's theme.

- Rose of May. Somehow FFIX managed to have an OST nearly as good as FFVI's.

- Another piecemaster from Uematsu is FFIV's Battle theme. It definitely defines what good music is : inspiring melodies that are easy to remember. More than the intensity of battle, this one is also somewhat "sad" for me.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roflkopt3r View Post
    Starcraft 1! Big times. Especially the Terran soundtrack (each race has it's own soundtrack: Terran, Zerg, Protoss) is really famous even for beeing one of the coolest soundtracks ever.
    Yeah, Starcraft 1 was epic! Good old times, I always played Blizzards games like Diablo, SC and WC.

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    I would probably go with the Gothic series and The Witcher here...I just love the medieval, epic feeling of such songs
    Same here, the Gothic series and its music is definitely one of my absolute favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by packages View Post
    ...Edit: Oh, and Minecraft's C418 is pretty much a genius.
    I absolutely agree with you about C418, Minecrafts music is so relaxing and epic, inspiring you to explore the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Andmoreagain View Post
    Nobody said anything about the Touhou series?
    It's a shame, isn't it?

Here are some of my favorite touhou themes:

But to be honest, I like almost EVERY theme in the entire series.

----------------------------

To include some of my own favs:
    More or less FFX's entire soundtrack, but especially
    -A Fleeting Dream (because it never stops, even in battle, and suits the mood so extremely well)
    -To Zanarkand .
    But I also like FF soundtracks in general.
    Last edited by HaiSuShi; November 11, 2011 at 09:10 AM.
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

damn, I don't why, I don't play ragnarok but I love this ost, it brings me good and feelings of warmth.
    Thanks to whoever that posted it in this thread first

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Heard and McDonald Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show
    Last edited by BoboTheSpacemonkey; November 15, 2011 at 04:43 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner KaitouYahiko's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, favorite video game music? That's a hard one. There are so many games with awesome music. I'll just list a bunch.... Pretty much any Zelda game (Personal favorites are Wind Waker, and Spirit Tracks), Persona 3, and 4 had very epic music, Okami has beautiful music, then there's the .hack//G.U. series with it's wide variety of music, and while not well known, I kinda like the music from the Rune Factory series as well. Harvest Moon also has some notable songs.... fsfkjkf;djdkl;a Too, much, awesome, music.

EDIT: I forgot the Tales series too. ^_^;

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a huge fan of the music featured in Castlevania games, especially the one used for SOTN.Other than that, I really like the music in Okami, Odin Sphere and SOTC.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member rudorofu's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Anything in the Square Enix games, especially Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. Love the compositions for the instrumental theme songs, they're absolutely beautifully created and really melt the heart; well, that's for the subtle and depressing sounding ones XD Regardless, the musical stylings for those games are lovely to listen to on a daily basis (:

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

crusader kings 2 theme song!

New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast