Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Starcraft 1! Big times. Especially the Terran soundtrack (each race has it's own soundtrack: Terran, Zerg, Protoss) is really famous even for beeing one of the coolest soundtracks ever.
Terran 2 (a reason why Terran soundtrack is so popular)
Terran 3 (the legend - most popular track of starcraft)
I have quite a few that I like. We all know big titles like One-Winged Angel or Liberi Fatali but I want to take a crack at a few themes many may not have heard. This isn't a real top ten, just some great pieces that stand out to me.
1) The entire soundtrack to Final Fantasy Tactics was pure bliss.
2) I also enjoyed the battle theme from Xenosaga Episode One. It gets a little repetitive but you fall in love at 40 seconds.
3) Dead Fingers Talk from Shadow Hearts. The chanting and overtures in this piece are just great!
4) Devil's Never Cry
5) Although the official title is Vergil Battle 2, I like my title better. I call this piece Motivation.
6) Capcom doesn't really inspire anyone with these names so here is Vergil Battle 3 or as I call, Scion of Power.
7) The Bombing Run from Final Fantasy VII brought RPGs into a brand new school of badass.
8) Lost Painting from Castlevania: SotN.
9) I Am the Wind from Castelvania: SotN. I tear up every time I hear this.
10) Silent Melody from inFAMOUS is one of those rare pieces that comes along that kicks the crap out of any theme used for any main character anywhere. This is epic story-telling! EPIC!
Anything from Yasunori Mitsuda.
Way back in my Ragnarok days, when I had nothing better to do, I always sit at the streets of Prontera because its city theme is very calming to all senses.
Gotta miss RO.
I would probably go with the Gothic series and The Witcher here...I just love the medieval, epic feeling of such songs
After playing Radiant Historia, I have to say that the music is lovely.
Command and Conquer - RA
Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
The music just gets me so pumped >.<
Only played the game once, but I'll vouch for Anamanaguchi off of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (The game).
Also, the song for the White Jungle stage in SA2 was pretty awesome.
Megaman X had a killer soundtrack, as did Dragon Warrior Monsters, LoZ OoT, MM, and even TP.
Edit: Oh, and Minecraft's C418 is pretty much a genius.
Last edited by packages; April 13, 2011 at 06:14 PM.
You've gotta love good chiptune
I love Harvest Moon soundtracks, even though I have to listen to it over and over again throughout the season. I also think that Ar tonelico's soundtracks are very awesome; strange, unique, but they actually have their own beauty. I also like some of Kingdom Hearts soundtracks and background musics. :3
Legend of zelda osts are really great
and the only one that comes as close for me is FF osts and
Suikoden and Xenogears. Xenogears have really good osts.
However, the most memorable one and up till today that I can still occasionally hum is this:
I don't think I'll ever forget Chrono and the experience..
^That's pure nostalgia what you guys posted so far, somehow for some reason I like the soundtrack from the the previous generation ( the one before N64 and PSone etc. )
I have to add this one from Chrono Trigger, that takes one back.