Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Slam Dunk by Inoue Takehiko

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Slam Dunk by Inoue Takehiko

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    I want to ask you guys about an incident that happened on Slam Dunk before.

On 2005, manga called Eden no Hana was accused for being plagiarised scenes from Slam Dunk (and Real), thus Kodansha confirmed many of the allegations and the author admitted that she copied some of them. Therefore, Kodansha ceased all of the author's works.

However, Eden no Hana was pretty popular in Japan, so the fans of this series are pissed off to Inoue Takehiko (author of Slam Dunk). Thus, they counter-argued that Inoue plagiarised some of Slam Dunk's scenes from actual NBA scenes.

Does anyone know what happened after this? Did the publisher and Inoue did something on reaction to this? Or is this issue just faded away?
    who the hell cares.......now? SD ended beautifully, somewhat unsatisfying, but great. i really want if some of Inoue sensie's SD assistant would continue the story. or Inoue sensie himself.
    Last edited by Krampet; February 24, 2013 at 06:38 AM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone ever thought about the Kanagawa Prefecture Tournament next year in the series?

Who do you think would go through?
    Notable players of each team:

Champions Kainan: Soichiro Jin, Nobunaga Kiyota

Runner-Up: Shohoku: Miyagi Ryota, Rukawa Kaede, Sakuragi Hanamichi

3rd Place: Sendoh Akira, Fukuda Kicchou, Koshino Hiroaki

I'm personally betting on Shohoku winning it next year.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Sakuragi still has a back injury right?

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Slam Dunk by Inoue Takehiko

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Roronoa Zoro View Post
    You do know Kainan lost in the finals right?
    I'm talking about one year later in the series.
    Re-read my post. This question makes no sense.

I know Kainan reached the finals at the end of the series, but a year later with Jin as Captain and no Maki since Maki has graduated I see Shohoku as the best team in the region.

And @X3D2YFaust
    At this far into the Kanagawa tournament I expect Sakuragi's back to have healed since I doubt Sakuragi will be needed for the first 2-3 matches in Kanagawa with Rukawa and Miyagi.
    But Sakuragi became simply an amazing player at the end of the series so I expect Shohoku to easily make it to the Final 4 of Kanagawa.

Ryonan would also be awesome.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I'm talking about one year later in the series.
    Re-read my post. This question makes no sense.

I know Kainan reached the finals at the end of the series, but a year later with Jin as Captain and no Maki since Maki has graduated I see Shohoku as the best team in the region.

And @X3D2YFaust
    At this far into the Kanagawa tournament I expect Sakuragi's back to have healed since I doubt Sakuragi will be needed for the first 2-3 matches in Kanagawa with Rukawa and Miyagi.
    But Sakuragi became simply an amazing player at the end of the series so I expect Shohoku to easily make it to the Final 4 of Kanagawa.

Ryonan would also be awesome.
    Man i feel like a D!ck now. If were talking about the Kanagawa Shohoku will win it, 2nd place would be between Ryonan and Kainan. I don't even think Shoyo will even make the final 4.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Man i feel like a D!ck now. If were talking about the Kanagawa Shohoku will win it, 2nd place would be between Ryonan and Kainan. I don't even think Shoyo will even make the final 4.
    Yeah, Shoyo had only one 2nd Year who was the Point Guard before Fujima told him to get off and took over.
    So he was only on the bench to the 2nd best Point Guard in Kanagawa so he could be a fairly good 2nd year.

I reckon the team that Sakuragi's Middle SChool friend is from, (The guy who hated Sakuragi for starting Basketball lol) would make final 4 or the OVA-only team Ryokufu.

I see Kainan as a massive threat still. Soichiro Jin was the highest scorer in the whole Kanagawa tournament by a good margin.
    Thanks to 3pointers, that team is still home to the best scorer in the City.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Sakuragi will guard Jin.
    Nobunaga will lead for Kainan in scoring.

Shohoku will win by 4-8 points.

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Shoyo had only one 2nd Year who was the Point Guard before Fujima told him to get off and took over.
    So he was only on the bench to the 2nd best Point Guard in Kanagawa so he could be a fairly good 2nd year.

I reckon the team that Sakuragi's Middle SChool friend is from, (The guy who hated Sakuragi for starting Basketball lol) would make final 4 or the OVA-only team Ryokufu.

I see Kainan as a massive threat still. Soichiro Jin was the highest scorer in the whole Kanagawa tournament by a good margin.
    Thanks to 3pointers, that team is still home to the best scorer in the City.
    Shohoku should get the best crop of freshmen too, which would make them stronger. Losing Maki gonna will be a big blow for Kainan but they should still be a threat.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Peace View Post
    Sakuragi will guard Jin.
    Nobunaga will lead for Kainan in scoring.

Shohoku will win by 4-8 points.
    Sakuragi can prevent any passes from reaching Jin sure.
    But its a fact that not even Rukawa, Sawakita or Sendoh could stop 3pointers. And remember Jin was an even better Shooting Guard than Mitsui.
    So the captain in Jin is seriously dangerous.
    With Sakuragi now able to score points from both dunks and shooting like other players, and being the best Blocker and Rebounder in Kanagawa, with Rukawa who can do pretty much everything, Miyagi being now the 2nd best Point Guard in Kanagawa due to Sendoh switching position.

Nobunaga will be marked heavily by Rukawa, something Rukawa can do. He was a bit better than both Nobunaga and Sakuragi.
    But overall I do agree with the 4-8 point gap in Shohoku's favour.

Shohoku should get the best crop of freshmen too, which would make them stronger. Losing Maki gonna will be a big blow for Kainan but they should still be a threat.
    Since Shohoku are the only team to have Sannoh a defeat for... 2 years I believe?
    You're right they'll share best freshman pick with teams like Aiwa from another city (Aichi) who battered them since they were exhausted and had no Sakuragi, and Kainan who came 2nd.

So both Kainan and Shohoku are going to get at least ONE TOP level freshman.

At the same time, Sendoh & Fukuda are a serious threat. And Koshino was a solid player.
    Koshino was similar to Miyagi in the sense that he was good, but just not as good as the top two players in the city in his position.
    Koshino is the 3rd best Shooting Guard behind Jin then Mitsui.

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Shohoku are the only team to have Sannoh a defeat for... 2 years I believe?
    You're right they'll share best freshman pick with teams like Aiwa from another city (Aichi) who battered them since they were exhausted and had no Sakuragi, and Kainan who came 2nd.

So both Kainan and Shohoku are going to get at least ONE TOP level freshman.

At the same time, Sendoh & Fukuda are a serious threat. And Koshino was a solid player.
    Koshino was similar to Miyagi in the sense that he was good, but just not as good as the top two players in the city in his position.
    Koshino is the 3rd best Shooting Guard behind Jin then Mitsui.
    Didn't Sannoh win the National Champions for 3 years in a row Before there defeat to Shohoku? Yeah defeating Sannoh would've put their name on the map.

Wouldn't Meiou be the more promising school to join in the Aichi region, since there the National Champions and have that freshman monster.

Was Koshino a solid shooting guard? I really don't remember but then again that could be because of Jin and Mitsui level shooting.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't Meiou be the more promising school to join in the Aichi region, since there the National Champions and have that freshman monster.
    I totally forgot about who even won the Nationals. That was a surprise for me.
    So Aichi prefecture would again have favorites to win the Nationals.

Was Koshino a solid shooting guard? I really don't remember but then again that could be because of Jin and Mitsui level shooting.
    Yeah Ryonan's coach goes on about how good he is but just not as good a shooter in comparison Mitsui and Jin.

I just think Ryonan will defeat Kainan by like 4 points though.
    Sendoh is better than Rukawa, Fukuda was said to be the best player by the net or something too.

I watched the anime before following the manga, so I have fond memories of how good Sendoh was. He was fantastic.
    I see Ryonan going Nationals and Kainan not making it for the first time in years.
    Despite how good Kainan would still be.

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally forgot about who even won the Nationals. That was a surprise for me.
    So Aichi prefecture would again have favorites to win the Nationals.

I just think Ryonan will defeat Kainan by like 4 points though.
    Sendoh is better than Rukawa, Fukuda was said to be the best player by the net or something too.

I watched the anime before following the manga, so I have fond memories of how good Sendoh was. He was fantastic.
    I see Ryonan going Nationals and Kainan not making it for the first time in years.
    Despite how good Kainan would still be.
    It was never said who won the Nationals but since Kainan, Sannoh or Shohoku didn't win it Meihou the only logical choice.

That was true before the Nationals and Sannoh match but Rukawa should be a level above Sendoh now. Yeah Sendoh was awesome to wacth play 1 of my favourites characters.

Yeah if Kainan don't get a Rukawa or Sendoh type of freshman joining them next year I don't see making Nationals. Unless Nobunaga improved a lot during the Kainan run to the final.

How do you think Sannoh will do a the Nationals next year? If they don't put in then same block as Meihou or Shohoku I think maybe 3rd/4th.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

It was never said who won the Nationals but since Kainan, Sannoh or Shohoku didn't win it Meihou the only logical choice.
    Nah, remember that when Moroboshi Dai got back onto the field, Meihou barely got any points and it Moroboshi single-handedly brought the game really close.
    Doesn't his coach say "the only man who may be able to challenge Eiji Sawakita is you! Moroboshi".
    Although Moroboshi thinks he can't, I think its clear Moroboshi is at the Top tier in the Japanese Youth Basket Ball world along with:
    Sendoh, Sawakita, Maki, Rukawa, Masashi, Fukatsu, Minoru, Tsuchiya and... Fujima (?)

That was true before the Nationals and Sannoh match but Rukawa should be a level above Sendoh now. Yeah Sendoh was awesome to wacth play 1 of my favourites characters.
    There was a bit of a gap, but considering Rukawa was invited to do some training with the All-Japan team at the very end, you're right he's either equal to Sendoh or a tiny bit above now. I always found it weird how the main characters rival in a series had a growth just as big as the main characters'.
    (Besides Naruto which is sorta based off of Slam Dunk anyway)

How do you think Sannoh will do a the Nationals next year? If they don't put in then same block as Meihou or Shohoku I think maybe 3rd/4th.
    Depends what time of year Sawakita comes back to Japan. If the season ends in USA at a convenient time, then sure he can come back and help them get a Best 4 spot.
    I don't see Sakuragi and Rukawa losing to the "threat" of Mikio at all. Mikio needs to add so much more to his game.
    It'll be one-man-show for Sawakita although we should expect Sannoh to get at least one top freshman.

I think Best 4 will be Shohoku, Sannoh, Ryonan & Meihou.

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, remember that when Moroboshi Dai got back onto the field, Meihou barely got any points and it Moroboshi single-handedly brought the game really close.
    Doesn't his coach say "the only man who may be able to challenge Eiji Sawakita is you! Moroboshi".
    Although Moroboshi thinks he can't, I think its clear Moroboshi is at the Top tier in the Japanese Youth Basket Ball world along with:
    Sendoh, Sawakita, Maki, Rukawa, Masashi, Fukatsu, Minoru, Tsuchiya and... Fujima (?)
    Mehiou still defeated Aiwa and even before Moroboshi got injured they were about 10pnts ahead, also that was Hiroshi high school debut and Meihou was growing Shohoku. I would add Hiroshi to that list as well. [/QUOTE]

There was a bit of a gap, but considering Rukawa was invited to do some training with the All-Japan team at the very end, you're right he's either equal to Sendoh or a tiny bit above now. I always found it weird how the main characters rival in a series had a growth just as big as the main characters'.
    (Besides Naruto which is sorta based off of Slam Dunk anyway)
    Your overrating Sendoh even before the Nationals Rukawa was nearly his equal. By the end of Sannoh's match Rukawa was nearly at the same level as Sawakita who mop the floor with Sendoh. Rukawa still has close to a year too grow and his growth rate is higher than Sendoh. Next time they play each other it would like Sawakita Vs. Rukawa.
    Depends what time of year Sawakita comes back to Japan. If the season ends in USA at a convenient time, then sure he can come back and help them get a Best 4 spot. 
    I don't see Sakuragi and Rukawa losing to the "threat" of Mikio at all. Mikio needs to add so much more to his game.
    It'll be one-man-show for Sawakita although we should expect Sannoh to get at least one top freshman.
    If Sawakita doesn't come back I could still them in the top 4. Ryonan is not good enough for top 4 at Nationals top 8 maybe.

Which players do you think representative Japan?
    Last edited by Demon Roronoa Zoro; April 05, 2013 at 07:42 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I am overrating Sendoh, but only slightly!
    Sendoh was just ridiculously awesome. but due to making it to the All-Japan team I can agree Rukawa can edge him out.

I think next year's Team of Kanagawa will be:
    Soichiro Jin, Rukawa Kaede, Sendoh Akira, Miyagi Ryota, Sakuragi Hanamichi

I just think now that Sakuragi can do everything now except 3pointers and the fact that he has that crazy vendetta against Rukawa for pretty much no reason his improvement along with Rukawa's is just going to sky-rocket like last years.

The All-Japan Team is going to have subs so are talking about this years team or next years?

New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast