Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: About the end of Raruto and Jesulink's new manga

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member unok-kun's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

About the end of Raruto and Jesulink's new manga

Today, 8th of June, the last chapter of Raruto has been released. Jesulink now will take a break, but soon he will start another manga named 5 elements.

In olden days (IV century before Christ), Aristotle (a philosopher) said that everything on Earth was formed from 4 elements: earth, water, air and fire. According to the Wikipedia, he also said that there was a 5th element which formed the heavens.

Japanese philosophy says that there are 5 elements (like the elements in Naruto): fire (hi), wind (kaze), water (mizu), void (sora; the most accurate translations are "sky" and "Heaven") and earth (tsuchi). [In Naruto, the void element is changed to lightning (kaminari) to explain Kakashi's lightning nature].

I'm not sure, but according to the trailer, Jesulink will follow Aristotle's philosophy, as well as the movie "The Fifth Element" (I'm almost sure he has watched it: in chapter 21c of Raruto there's a reference to it). I hope someone offers to translate it.

But now let's talk about the end of Raruto: Jesulink has made an ending named Todo tiene un final (Everything has an end), which is a parody of "Scenario" by Saboten (the 15th ending of Naruto). And I can't explain everything else, so I've translated here a part of the FAQ in Jesulink.com (the official website of Raruto and 5 elements):

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ from Jesulink.com
    About the Raruto webcomic
    • [...]
    • Is true that Raruto has finished?
      The first part has. Now Jesulink will draw a new manga named 5 elements and when he thinks it's right he will keep on with Raruto at the beggining of the Naruto Shippuden arc.
    • Will Jesulink make Raruto Shippuden?
      Yes, but not yet. First he'll publish online the manga 5 elements, which will be very funny. After a time, he will keep on with Raruto and both series will be released at the same time.
    • Can I keep on with Raruto Shippuden?
      No.
    • Will Jesulink parody the fillers in Raruto?
      We don't have in mind releasing filler chapters of Raruto. Nonetheless, there is a project of making a big special chapter parodying the whole filler in general.
    • Will Jesulink parody "Kakashi Gaiden"?
      The parody of Kakashi Gaiden will be made for sure. It's not definitive yet, but it will be released before the start of the "Shippuden" arc and it'll be included phisically in the Volume 6 of Raruto [see below]. At least this is the plan for now.
    • [...]
    • Then, what will happen with Raruto from now till the start of "Raruto Shippuden"?
      During the break period the publication of a lot of Raruto material is planned! Among all the projects we have:
      • The publication of the volumes 2, 3, 4 and 5 in paper [see below]. We'll still go to manga shows.
      • The publication of a new special chapter which will narrate a filler adventure.
      • The publication of the big Databook, with an improved databook, lots of drawings and every fan-art.
      • The animated cartoon of Raruto in Flash. [I've made a thread about it]
      • The 6th opening of Raruto, parodying "No boy, no cry". Jesulink would like to make it someday.
      • Drawing the Kakasi Gaiden.
      • Some comic strips.
      • And who knows what more surprises await for us? Raruto never finishes!
    About the Raruto fanzines
    • Are there any Raruto comics printed on paper?
      Yes, there are, and they are edited in Jesulink.com. You have all the information in the fanzine section of the Raruto minisite. [In English there are no printed comics, but both Leecherboy and Jesulink want to translate them, and I've made a Raruto English store in Lulu.com]
    • What is a "special chapter"?
      A special chapter is a separate story that isn't available in the Internet. They're very funny! [I can assure you they are. You have more information in the thread of chapter 28.]
    • Are those volumes sold in shops?
      At the time being there are no Raruto fanzines in English, but when they're released, they will only be on sale from an online shop. I've proposed Leecherboy to use the Raruto English store I've made in Lulu.com. The fanzines are "Raruto - Journey to the White-White country", "Raruto and the badly drawn tiger" and "Raruto - Volume 1" (a collection of the 1st season chapters with some extras and, I hope, an improvement in the translation).
    • When are those fanzines released in English?
      The release dates in English are unknown yet, but I suppose they will be released after the end of the 5th season. Volumes 2 and 3 won't be released in Spanish till the 30th of October, and the release dates of the other Raruto fanzines are unknown.
    • When will you come to the ... Manga Show?
      In Spain, Jesulink sometimes go to some Manga Shows and sells the Raruto fanzines, but he won't go to a Manga Show outside of Spain.
    About 5 elements
    • What will Jesulink's new manga, 5 elements, be about?
      It's about some kids who can control the elements. Typical? Maybe, but you'll laugh for sure.
    • Will it be funny?
      It'll be a comedy manga like Raruto, in fact, the style of the jokes and the character design will be very similar. The only difference will be that 5 elements will be a manga series that in little doses has time for emotion or mistery.
    • What is expected with this new manga?
      That a lot of people reads it, just like Raruto. We won't try to offer a material that replaces Raruto. Although Raruto and 5 elements are similar in a 90%, there'll be people who like both series and people who will like only one. Anyway, if you read Raruto because of its jokes and its script, we guarantee you that you'll like 5 elements as much as Raruto.
    • When will it start exactly, what day, what hour? [Some fans are really impatient, I can assure you xD]
      In Spanish the release date isn't known, but it will surely be after summer. In English there isn't any translator yet. If you want to translate it, leave a message in this thread.
    I think I won't translate anymore in... three months? xD

By the way, if you find any mistake in the translation, let me know: my English isn't perfect.
    Last edited by unok-kun; June 08, 2008 at 10:10 AM.
    Currently translating Raruto, a Spanish parody of Naruto (getting ready for the last two chapters, to be released in English in October and November). Check it out here!

Also working on another project that you might get to see in January...

Intl Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leecherboy's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: About the end of Raruto and Jesulink's new manga

Man, that was fast

About 5 Elements, I'll probably translate it, if it's as awesome as Raruto. But I wouldn't go around mentioning Aristotle (call me a simpleton, but I was more reminded of Final Fantasy xD).

I meant to be cautious about 5 Elements, since it's an all-new manga and it won't be out until September, but as there actually is a teaser trailer, in case anyone's interested, you can watch it here:
    5 elements teaser trailer

The little text in there translates as follows:

"How will Jesulink's new manga be?"
    "I could talk about its hidden sceneries"
    "About the battles waged in them"
    "Or about its courageous protagonists"
    "But a fart, is worth more than, a thousand words"
    "Kaji, Zap, Rain, Rat Killer, Sôkar"
    "5 guys, 5 powers"
    Raruto Sisepuede season 2 started a while ago!
    On an entirely unrelated note, if you like Queen's Blade, you can now try the fan-made game QB Battle programmed by yours truly! Regular updates at my site.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member unok-kun's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: About the end of Raruto and Jesulink's new manga

I just looked for "element" in the Wikipedia.

[I've removed the EDIT 1]

EDIT 2: I would translate "Matarratas" as "Ratkiller", without a space, because it's a name.

EDIT 3: I think I haven't said it: 5 elements will be 100% original, but it'll also be somewhat like a parody of all mangas about guys who control the elements (a bit like Coco's battle against... Oops, I almost reveal a big spoiler about Raruto xD). It has nothing to do with Avatar or Final Fantasy or anything.

EDIT 4: I'm also starting to think that isn't related to Aristotle. According to the teaser trailer, Zap can control the electricity, and the only related element is the lightning in Naruto. I mentioned Ar¡stotle because of the trailer: an image is seen which showed Aristotle's elements and its combinations, with a black 5th element in the center. We'll have to wait till September to know what elements there are in this manga. Although it's very clear (except for Ratkiller and Sôkar's elements).

EDIT 5: Ratkiller's element could be poison, maybe?
    Last edited by unok-kun; June 12, 2008 at 12:19 PM.
    Currently translating Raruto, a Spanish parody of Naruto (getting ready for the last two chapters, to be released in English in October and November). Check it out here!

Also working on another project that you might get to see in January...

New Reply