Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: D.Gray-man Reverse Novels Info & Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: D.Gray-man Reverse Novels Info & Discussion

Oh yeah forgot about that xD
    Then...maybe Mana was in a coma? and woke up after so many years?
    They have slaughtered millions of Teemos... Pentakill is coming!!!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

To go on about Allens name, Its also possible Hoshino used every meaning in every language to amplify the character.

If Allen means red in some languages she might have used that for the arm >
    The scottish meaning of Rock could also be added to his name.

Peter the first deciple of Christ was named Peter > the rock. So perhaps she bend around naming him peter by using the name Allen wich also means rock. ^^
    Id call that clever.

Tho not everyone hangs onto this qualification < within christianity Christ himself is seen as THE rock.

Christ has many names, the lamb, the rock, the morningstar etc etc. So in qualification he might be the "savior"
    Last edited by ca12nag3; December 16, 2010 at 11:49 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

that or........ she just used a british name.
    Actually, i've recently began thinking that when she started making DGM she didn't plan the whole story ahead of time, that's why some plot if out of the blue - it developed along the way. If you go back and reread some of the earlier chapters, you only get a 'war time' like vibe, where everything is traced back to war psychology. Now, we also have family themes, gray area between good and bad, deeper religion ect.

" Aly'i' " does mean red in Russian, but that seems more of a coincidence rather than Allen being named for his red arm (heck, it's black now, and hasn't Reverse3 establish that he himself took on the dogs name??) (kind of like Tite Kubo didn't know 'Luffy' was a sea term until a fan pointed it out)

I think Mana fell into a coma or blank state or something when the 14th died. He continued aging, but didn't notice it (he was waaaaaaaaay out of it) and now for what ever reason he 'woke up' and can't remember the past 35 years, only up till the point he went into this 'coma' thing. I wonder if
    Cosimo might have been a broker... and why didn't the Earl directly kill Mana?
    On that note, how did Mana die?? in the anime, he keels over from some....cough/lung disease or something...... i can't remember seeing that in the manga...
    ugh. there was something else, but i forgot again =.='

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

wernt there cart wheels behind Mana? or coatch? i cant remember either.

There is however 1 thing that stands in the way, Allen saw Manas death, Manas grave, and talked to the Akuma-Mana when he called him back, the earl was there. So any insinuation that the earl = mana hits a brick wall there. And going around it saying manas bad part or w/e came out is only adding content to bend around the fact that the 2 are not the same person.

The 35 year old coma? Well Cross said he thought he went nuts, so perhaps thats it Mana went nuts after the 14ths death and simply doesnt recall much of it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    To go on about Allens name, Its also possible Hoshino used every meaning in every language to amplify the character.

If Allen means red in some languages she might have used that for the arm >
    The scottish meaning of Rock could also be added to his name.

Peter the first deciple of Christ was named Peter > the rock. So perhaps she bend around naming him peter by using the name Allen wich also means rock. ^^
    Id call that clever.

Tho not everyone hangs onto this qualification < within christianity Christ himself is seen as THE rock.

Christ has many names, the lamb, the rock, the morningstar etc etc. So in qualification he might be the "savior"
    But now that "Nea" is known, I thought Hoshino is going to find a way to connect Nea's name to Allen's? Because, "Allen" is a hidden anagram of "Nea". (Clever of itself.) Allen would be "Nea II".

6. Thanks 10 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I never notice that before. If that is true, Hoshino is really clever indeed. Good eye!

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Thanks, but I'm not the first to notice this. ^__^ So, I don't really deserve any credit on this observation. But, to spread this observation out to you guys is why I'm here so there.

(Mission accomplished)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member luna_wolf's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

im so greatfull to everybody who has posted up pictures and summerys! <3
    this has made me love allen even more. damn i think i can feel my inner fangirl rising >_>

has anyone ever bought anything from yesasia.com?
    because they are selling the novels there
    http://www.yesasia.com/us/d-gray-man...0-en/info.html
    i was thinking of buying it, but as of yet i do not trust the website XD

haha i love how hoshinos editors had to make her take out alot of the spoilers XD

you know i wonder if the "shatering glass" was allens inocence breaking a barier thingy that hid mana from the earl, possibly put there by cross.
    its just a thought, its hard to make guesses when i cant read the original script.
    it would also explain why cross was so angry with allen/red
    Last edited by luna_wolf; December 21, 2010 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aracely's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luna_wolf View Post
    has anyone ever bought anything from yesasia.com?
    because they are selling the novels there
    http://www.yesasia.com/us/d-gray-man...0-en/info.html
    I've bought things from YesAsia several times, without any problems. They seem reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by luna_wolf View Post

you know i wonder if the "shatering glass" was allens inocence breaking a barier thingy that hid mana from the earl, possibly put there by cross.
    its just a thought, its hard to make guesses when i cant read the original script.
    it would also explain why cross was so angry with allen/red
    That's a great theory! Though I wonder if maybe Nea might be a more likely choice for putting up a barrier, since if it was Cross, Cross could have just put up a new barrier in its place. (Well, maybe he did. If there was a barrier, while it was broken, the Earl did show up...)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner greystars's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, uhm, all I want to ask is:
    Allen knew about the Earl and everything when he was young? Cos, well, he say the Akuma in the circus tent, and i think I read that Mana told him about the Earl trying to track he and the 14th down.

Oh, and, didn't Mana teach Allen the piano score? How could he when he was mentally unstable?
    Last edited by greystars; December 28, 2010 at 12:01 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greystars View Post
    Okay, uhm, all I want to ask is:
    Allen knew about the Earl and everything when he was young? Cos, well, he say the Akuma in the circus tent, and i think I read that Mana told him about the Earl trying to track he and the 14th down.

Oh, and, didn't Mana teach Allen the piano score? How could he when he was mentally unstable?
    I don't follow much about these Reverse Novels or even how canon they could relate towards the actual manga...

But in manga canonically, it was Cross who said everything about Mana and the 14th being in "hiding" from the Earl. It's possible that Mana might've not remembered that.

And Mana didn't teach Allen the piano score. Allen and Mana "both" made up the score, together. This is still yet to be further clarified in a later chapter so be patient... ^___^

(And hopefully, someone does answer your other question about the Reverse novels...)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aracely's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tgirl View Post
    I don't follow much about these Reverse Novels or even how canon they could relate towards the actual manga...
    They're canon. They're written by a friend of Hoshino, but Hoshino is the one who decides what goes in them, though her editors get a say too. We know that because there was an interview where she talked about how her editors talked her out of including too many spoilers in Reverse 3.

Some of the characters introduced in Reverse have appeared in the actual manga (Doug and Colette, albeit as illusions when Lavi was trapped in Road's dream world). And in Gray Ark, characters and events from Reverse are listed along with the manga, with events from Reverse being included in the timelines for Allen and Lavi.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Lavigirl_ruki's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

No Trust Re: D.Gray-man Reverse Novels Info & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by tgirl View Post
    And Mana didn't teach Allen the piano score. Allen and Mana "both" made up the score, together. This is still yet to be further clarified in a later chapter so be patient... ^___^
    actually it has been confirmed in the manga that the score is not made up by Allen and Mana. it is the memories of the 14th that settle in Allen, just like what Cross has said in the chapters when he revealed that Allen is the next 14th Noah. then, about Allen can play Piano; i think it is because of 14th memories too... and that's what i get from the manga...^^

Quote Quote:
    Some of the characters introduced in Reverse have appeared in the actual manga (Doug and Colette, albeit as illusions when Lavi was trapped in Road's dream world).
    eh?? really?? which one?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aracely View Post
    They're canon. They're written by a friend of Hoshino, but Hoshino is the one who decides what goes in them, though her editors get a say too. We know that because there was an interview where she talked about how her editors talked her out of including too many spoilers in Reverse 3.

Some of the characters introduced in Reverse have appeared in the actual manga (Doug and Colette, albeit as illusions when Lavi was trapped in Road's dream world). And in Gray Ark, characters and events from Reverse are listed along with the manga, with events from Reverse being included in the timelines for Allen and Lavi.
    AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaahh!! Where did my response to this, go? Guess, I left this on preview and forgot to submit this yesterday... ?? >__< Or, something happened?

Anyways, thanks for the information! ^___^

Quote Originally Posted by Lavigirl_ruki View Post
    actually it has been confirmed in the manga that the score is not made up by Allen and Mana. it is the memories of the 14th that settle in Allen, just like what Cross has said in the chapters when he revealed that Allen is the next 14th Noah. then, about Allen can play Piano; i think it is because of 14th memories too... and that's what i get from the manga...^^
    We know that, but greystars was confused about Mana so I was just clarifying to her about it. We know the song is the 14th's song, BUT, it's Allen who's making it with Mana on that winter day. Little Allen wouldn't know it's the 14th's memories as those are his own memories too (in a way). (Which goes along with my particular theory that's a few threads below this thread....)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member addenza's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

For anyone who can read Chinese, Allen and Mana's story (for Reverse 3) is up on baidu.

19. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast