Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Do you like Raki as a character in the story?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 67.02%
  • No

19 20.21%
  • Not sure

12 12.77%
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here likes Raki as a character in the story?

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheGenius's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who here likes Raki as a character in the story?

Quote Originally Posted by hatsuharupeace View Post
    Young man who has been manipulated who can wield a claymore?? Very dangerous, way too dangerous. I wonder if he can take on an AB yet, since he took out that yoma pretty easily.
    I dunno, I have a feeling that is has...;

1- Acquired powers that should not have been possible for a human being.
    2- Raki is massively helped by that unknown little girl on his shoulder.

We still do not know the full extent of an AB's powers, Raki seems to be playing right into it. He erased the Yuma's with ease and grace, while no other human beings have done before, even in groups.

Did he transform? No....But yet....too powerful....the skills he learned from the AB of the North(if not mistaken) would have to be the best in their "world". What did he possibly do to become the best??
    President Netero/My D-A account!

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i've never had a problem with raki. he's not my favorite character, but i like him

yeah, so he was kind of weak and helpless before the timeskip, but he was just a kid. i never really faulted him for that. anyway, i actually like his relationship with clare. i like the way it mirrors clare and teresa's relationship, except with the added possiblilty of romance, of course. plus, the devotion they have for one another is just really sweet.

i'm really surprised that the results of the poll thus far are so heavily in favor of raki. i was under the impression that most people didn't like him. have a lot of opinions changed since his recent appearance?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kioras's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of it has to do with people just reading the manga and throwing out the crap that the animae did to him.

As far as him being something more, i don't think so. I believe he is simply a human that training, practice and will power was able to accomplish in the Claymore universe. After all, it is pretty apparant that most people in the world are beaten down, and never had the inclination to train to fight yoma. Raki also had training from probably the best living swordmaster in the world.

I wouldn't be surprised if his pure skill with the sword was equal too or better then the ghosts, however due to him being a full human, he is not nearly as powerful.
    There is a mistaken proverb which tells us that those who are ignorant of the past are condemned to repeat it. In fact, they're lucky if they're allowed to repeat it. More probably, they're condemned to something even worse than the past. This is doubly true of those who believe that their ignorance somehow makes them morally superior to those who don't share it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post
    i've never had a problem with raki. he's not my favorite character, but i like him

yeah, so he was kind of weak and helpless before the timeskip, but he was just a kid. i never really faulted him for that. anyway, i actually like his relationship with clare. i like the way it mirrors clare and teresa's relationship, except with the added possiblilty of romance, of course. plus, the devotion they have for one another is just really sweet.

i'm really surprised that the results of the poll thus far are so heavily in favor of raki. i was under the impression that most people didn't like him. have a lot of opinions changed since his recent appearance?
    Yeah, his reappearance really brought up his popularity. I would be surprised if Raki would have gotten even 25-35% in favor of his character if this poll had come out before chapter 80.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post
    i like the way it mirrors clare and teresa's relationship, except with the added possiblilty of romance, of course.
    i disagree. there were totally lesbian undertones in that relationship.

@notme
    i've loved him ever since i decided he was a child molester, and i came to that decision before this chapter
    Hello, Dave. Is that you, Dave?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never seen the anime, but I like him well enough. But then I don't have any hangups about characters being "useless". Just because you're useless in a fight doesn't make you useless as a character in a story.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Raki in the story. I am not sure how he feels about Claire or Claire to him. They might be like brothers and sisters or maybe Claire loves him? anyway, Raki will be the one to calm down Claire next time she goes out of control. Perhaps serves even as a mediator between her and priscilla

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shouryuujo View Post
    I like Raki in the story. I am not sure how he feels about Claire or Claire to him. They might be like brothers and sisters or maybe Claire loves him? anyway, Raki will be the one to calm down Claire next time she goes out of control. Perhaps serves even as a mediator between her and priscilla
    brother and sister certainly don't (at least usually) kiss each other on the lips, even if not yet one of the reasons for the 7 year timeskip is to even the age between them (well atleast in looks anyway)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
    brother and sister certainly don't (at least usually) kiss each other on the lips, even if not yet one of the reasons for the 7 year timeskip is to even the age between them (well atleast in looks anyway)
    claymores age don't they?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shouryuujo View Post
    claymores age don't they?
    Not really. In Fit for Battle Irene said that Claymore don't age and that if Teresa were alive she would look exactly the same as Clare remembers her.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Odds:

3:2 There's going to be a *really* complicated romance
    3:1 Raki's gonna become a male claymore

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i am just glad raki looks better than before... or rather the artist is getting better. I swear raki looked like some male yomas back then and some characters looked horrid. I like how Galatea looks and miria.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    Odds:

3:2 There's going to be a *really* complicated romance
    3:1 Raki's gonna become a male claymore
    hmm not really complicated unless Priscilla gets involved lol (Clare and Raki are dedicated to each other considering they still care for each other after 7 years)

I guess if Isley is really cunning he'd pull some stunt to convince Raki to become a male claymore for the purpose of making Raki awaken (If Raki hasn't seen his awakened form he could stage an attack on Raki and Raki realizing how hopeless it is would realize his still not strong enough, Isley could use that to convince him to become stronger)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member hayateblitz's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Truth be told, I didn't really mind Raki as a character initially. Well, untill the anime came in and totally screw everything up a;dkjfalk;dfjlakf lol.

In other words, i don't really like raki as a character atm.

I don't mind that he is this useless kid that tags along with Clare because he has nowhere else to go... But what really annoys me is the fact that he KNOWS he is useless but still attempts to "help" Clare, only to end up getting in the way and having to be saved in the end....

Bleh. I just find him annoying. Maybe he's just one of those characters to me where you either love or hate them :P

Anyways, he does seem stronger now. My opinion of him might change slightly if he is now more able to fulfill his empty promises in the past if not... mumblesmumblesmumblesmumbles

oh ya, did i mention that the kiss between Clare and Raki ruined BOTH characters for me? o.o seriously. I can overlook it in the manga, deceiving myself that maybe Clare did it to shut Raki up.. but the makers of the anime decided to give Clare a lusty look after the kiss... ARGH!! what were they thinking!!!! it just doesnt make sense.. =.=

sorry. excuse my rambling.

--
    Oh well, seems like i'm in the minority.. keke. My friend thinks i'm being unreasonable as well for disliking Raki >.<
    Maybe the next few chapters will change my opinion. maybe.
    Last edited by hayateblitz; June 11, 2008 at 11:39 PM.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hayateblitz View Post
    Truth be told, I didn't really mind Raki as a character initially. Well, untill the anime came in and totally screw everything up a;dkjfalk;dfjlakf lol.

In other words, i don't really like raki as a character atm.

I don't mind that he is this useless kid that tags along with Clare because he has nowhere else to go... But what really annoys me is the fact that he KNOWS he is useless but still attempts to "help" Clare, only to end up getting in the way and having to be saved in the end....

Bleh. I just find him annoying. Maybe he's just one of those characters to me where you either love or hate them :P

Anyways, he does seem stronger now. My opinion of him might change slightly if he is now more able to fulfill his empty promises in the past if not... mumblesmumblesmumblesmumbles

oh ya, did i mention that the kiss between Clare and Raki ruined BOTH characters for me? o.o seriously. I can overlook it in the manga, deceiving myself that maybe Clare did it to shut Raki up.. but the makers of the anime decided to give Clare a lusty look after the kiss... ARGH!! what were they thinking!!!! it just doesnt make sense.. =.=

sorry. excuse my rambling.

--
    Oh well, seems like i'm in the minority.. keke. My friend thinks i'm being unreasonable as well for disliking Raki >.<
    Maybe the next few chapters will change my opinion. maybe.
    thing is that she does care about him more than just as a friend/companion considering how she seemed shocked/sad that he may have a daughter. Thats the main reason for the 7 year timeskip to make it more proper their relationship (without making Clare look suss)

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast