Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Do you like Raki as a character in the story?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 67.02%
  • No

19 20.21%
  • Not sure

12 12.77%
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Who here likes Raki as a character in the story?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity nat's Avatar
    Country
    Bermuda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who here likes Raki as a character in the story?

She is specialllll..Seriously, I don't know why.
    Even Easly fell for her ( and by her hands ). If Raki goes Yoma, then he will be considered a villain, and in the end after a battle filled with drama he will go bye bye, courtesy of claire ...
    If you hate Sasuke, click here

Tricked you

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Raimaru's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by e-nat View Post
    I think it will be more interesting if he stays a human, because becoming as a claymore he is due to awaken in the future.
    Besides I want to see a human with power to match claymore, not only yoma and hybrids...
    Outcome:

By the way, that was the first one I thought about after I had the 7 years timeskip in connection with Raki in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by e-nat View Post
    She is specialllll..Seriously, I don't know why.
    Even Easly fell for her ( and by her hands ). If Raki goes Yoma, then he will be considered a villain, and in the end after a battle filled with drama he will go bye bye, courtesy of claire ...
    How cruel. Can't you see a happy end for Claire and Raki?
    I don't like this place's current development ... its uniqueness will be reduced to 1/3.
    [hr]Awesome and realistic theory about Madara's biggest secret! (Don't mind the thread title )[hr]MangaHelpers German Thread (v.4)
    MH Boobs Thread (R.I.P.) ;(

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think an ending of Raki+claire +priscilla is farfetched...

Country
    Bermuda
    Post Thanks / Like

I do want a happy ending for Clair and Raki..That is what I am saying ..I want him to stay human..I don't want Raki to die, he is growing on me..

Tricked you

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because Raki becomes a yoma doesn't mean he has to die... Easly is living the "high life" now - powerful puppet, control of some land and powerful form. Why Can't raki + priscilla+claire do the same?

Country
    Bermuda
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know. Usually the logic says bad gus die and claire is on a crusade against the Org.
    And according to Miria, the plot goes even deeper. Easly is living the high life, but In the end I can't tell if he lives or dies. So I reckon Clair and wonder 6 will still finish the abyssal ones later on...

Since Luciela died (after a fight with Easly and having the finishing blow by her sis), abyssal ones can be killed... Riful is still recruiting (I like her )... Easly, he lives strong for now but who knows for how long.

Tricked you

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member rukori's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Whatever happens to Raki, I'm okay with that as long as Priscilla dies... I hate her so much not only taking Teresa from Clare but now Raki as well...
    For me Priscilla is the absolute antagonist in this series and the Org is the secondary.

you shouldn't be so quick to die. life is a precious thing...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member PB|Ichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Priscilla is imo really a great designed and really hateable villain, so really a good job there, Yagi! You need to have a strong, interesting and maybe hateable antagonist if you want to have a good protagonist, at least the antagonist is a big part in the struggle of the protagonist, which he has to overcome. So imo Priscilla is a quite well designed character, which does a really good job.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

priscilla is just misunderstood. she is now lost her memory and in child form... what else do they need? Plus it was a one on one fight so priscilla going awakened was self preservation.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really confused about Raki now...

why... why did he let the Retrieval Unit BCs take him back to the Org HQs in the first place..., as we've now seen he could have easily not allowed them to take him back, lol ???

and what's up with Raki's character/personality too...

first: he's cheerful while frank about being with Priscilla, and has a casual attitude despite that he could get killed and eaten by Priscilla, saying that he'll "try to stop her" and if he's unable to, "oh well", and be Priscilla's snack.

second: he's crying and helpless again like he was as a teen-child, when Priscilla cruelly tells him she's off to kill his beloved Clare.

third: he's now a cocky wicked/cruel grinning Isley/Priscilla-like personality.

----------

also... has he completely forgotten about Clare? again why did he let the BCs take him back to the Org HQs, why didn't he go after Priscilla to try to save Clare, why does he now not try to go after Clare... why has he completely forgotten about Clare, after having cried like a baby when Priscilla left him in Ticheri...
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow Khan, talking about bumping a dead thread. I'm not a big fan of Raki. No particular reason other than that he's not an appealing character. I hate to admit it but he can work a sword all right. But his character isn't as deep as the type I'm used to appreciating in male characters. He's completely one-dimensional.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, Raki has become quite a subject of discussion now (finally he's "able to protect others" as he promised to do so for/to Clare), and this was the thread best suited for it, as I didn't want to make a new thread
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Well to tell the truth , I was always curious about his character . It seemed to have so much potential at every given stage which was just missed by him due to him being too reliant on Claire .

Now although , he got separated from her and grew some balls . He learned from some goddamn sword master [I cant expect the male 1st to be any less looking at his fighting style] .

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't really hate Raki. You just may find his character kind of unbelievable, especially if you saw the English dubbed anime of Claymore, you would notice that Raki's voice is kind of the voice you wouldn't see as the fighting type.

Seeing him being a warrior is great and all but does Clare really need protection at this point?
    I think Raki will serve as some kind of memory lane for Clare if she becomes this monster who can't stop the urge of killing others.
    So maybe Raki being a strong has a purpose for that case.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I definitely hate the young Raki. He is that kind of character that keeps crying and causes problems for the other people around him.
    I always hated him because the way he acts. He's too emotional. He had his courageous moments back in the first chapters, but after that, he became a burden during fights... I was so glad when Clare and him split up ^^

After reading this chapter, I think that I'm back to the neutral state. I am not gonna say that i like him just because he showed some sword skills and acted manly in front of those little girls...

Let the future decide.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast