Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Alive to begin with

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Alive to begin with

Now in chapter 120 Dae said that the 3 warriors who where "revived" are in fact completely different beings who are borrowing the pre death appearance, destined to awaken.

So if that is true then that could be why Tabitha could not find "cassandras personality" because its not her......then again how would she have memories, and in the chapter where she is recalling her death she even comments "looking back on it now Roxanne had probably advised that i was planning an rebellion and thats why so many warriors where in the org at that time" that shows that she was able to "think" and she was shit talking with Roxanne.....and if i recall Cassandra awakened the moment she herd Roxannes voice.

So What i want to know is do you think the 3 are new beings or did Dae Truly "bring the dead back to life"
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alive to begin with

Hmm a difficult question. Judging from what we've seen i recent chapters how Priscilla can recreate things. Maybe thats what the arm did to the dead bodies ? And while the three were fighting at the organization the yoma flesh inside of them (from before they died) was recreated (brought back to life) thus making their Yoki again. And maybe the reason their memories where patchy is because Priscillas were? So the yoki coming from the arm had remnants of Priscilla and it was replicating her memory loss on them? Except for Roxanne lol shes a mystery XD

^ Of course i could be wrong, considering i have no clue what im talking about haha

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    Now in chapter 120 Dae said that the 3 warriors who where "revived" are in fact completely different beings who are borrowing the pre death appearance, destined to awaken.
    This is my biggest issue with the latest chapter. The Cassandra that we've been watching should not have had a self to revive.

If Priscilla's life force was what gave her movement from death, then it makes absolutely NO SENSE that she can continue functioning once that life force is destroyed.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leroid's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SutterCain View Post
    This is my biggest issue with the latest chapter. The Cassandra that we've been watching should not have had a self to revive.

If Priscilla's life force was what gave her movement from death, then it makes absolutely NO SENSE that she can continue functioning once that life force is destroyed.
    We don't know for sure if Priscilla's life force was necessary to keep her alive.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the difference between creating 3 new beings and resurrecting the dead raises the same type of issues that are involved in understanding cloning and the notion in philosophy called 'metaphysical necessity' (in the context of reasoning about people). In both these subjects what is central is whether it could not have been otherwise, no matter what, than that some person A is a unique individual, that is, there is only one person who is A, and no other person could be A, ever. In the context of the three warriors, for example, there is some property of Hystie which is essential of her, without which she is not 'Hystie', and which her resurrected form would lack, so that the resurrected thing Hystie was not that person Hystie. This could be something as simple as the conditional proposition 'Hystie is not that person Hystie if her corpse has been jump started by Priss's arm'. But these issues are are complex, such that with only the info that the manga offers us it seems really difficult to draw any conclusions about what is supposed to be the case. So I won't even try, hehe

But I will highlight something about this which is relevant to story and literary technique, which is really the context in which it should be analysed, because it's a manga, so storytelling comes first (usually). With stuff like this resurrection, it's clearly intended to illustrate a trait or quality of a character (in this case, Priss's ability). And its ok if it is impossible compared to the actual world, as long as it is reasonable compared to the fictional world. But here, even intuitively, it borders on being so ridiculous that it heavily challenges any suspension of disbelief the reader has, so that in just reading it it somehow feels wrong. This is what's really problematic about it for me.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think he mostly meant that they were technically already awakened beings who were just trapped in their claymore forms temporarily. when a warrior awakens they are considered to no longer be themselves anymore, no matter what remnants are left. the forms being theri claymore forms.

New Reply