Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who is this mysterious girl?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Priscilla

    39 58.21%
  • Raki+Priscilla's child

    6 8.96%
  • Isley+Priscilla's child

    7 10.45%
  • Claymore(trainee or a regular)

    12 17.91%
  • Yoma

    0 0%
  • Awakened being(well.. not Priscilla or Riful)

    0 0%
  • Riful(the hell!?)

    3 4.48%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43

Thread: Who is this mysterious girl?

  1. #1
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member rukori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in front of my computer
    Country
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Who is this mysterious girl?

    OK, I thought this deserves a poll.
    now the facts:
    It's a girl- because Sid said so.
    Can sense Yoki or has Miata's ability - since she was able to sense a yoma.
    And that's it. The proportions in this chapter are messed-up so you can't determine her age...
    I tried to cover all the options but if I left something out than please do tell me.
    Last edited by rukori; June 10, 2008 at 07:10 AM.


    you shouldn't be so quick to die. life is a precious thing...

  2. #2
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is this mysterious girl?

    I voted Claymore. It'd make a lot more sense if she was some runaway.

    Are the 'love child' options even possible? It's never been mentioned if anything yoma related could give birth.

  3. #3
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member rukori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in front of my computer
    Country
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is this mysterious girl?

    Don't know... that's why I put them there
    But after all since AB ,claymore, and yoma can alter their body than maybe it's possible


    you shouldn't be so quick to die. life is a precious thing...

  4. #4
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted hatsuharupeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    perth
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,741
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is this mysterious girl?

    Hmm.. I voted Priscilla. Why? Read my post in the Claymore chapter 80 discussion thread.

  5. #5
    Artists of MH 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Britannia
    Country
    France
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,682
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is this mysterious girl?

    It's prolly not Priscilla, the silhouette was way too small, I voted claymore, it might be another runaway claymore or perhaps an awakened being who was told by the guy of the North or East - I never remember his name v.v - to follow Raki and help him find Clare.

  6. #6
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ¬Bol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    357
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is this mysterious girl?

    I think she's Priscilla...She may be Raki's daughter, but I voted Priscilla.
    °__°

  7. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Succubus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hell
    Country
    Micronesia
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is this mysterious girl?

    I hopeee it's riful.. xD she is my 1st favorite character in claymore
    known as Lucifer / Killy69 / Medusa / L41n / Guts

  8. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    947
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is this mysterious girl?

    voted priscilla. they're leaving her ambiguous because they want to have some mystery with isley's plans. here's my guess:

    isley and priscilla revealed themselves after raki evolved into an individual who was mature enough to not whine about every little deception. he then decided to join them after isley revealed that clare was still alive. at the moment, he and priscilla are traveling together looking for her. the former wishes to reunite while the latter seeks forgiveness. at the same time, they are becoming a legend that will counter the reliance that the people have on claymores, helping to destroy the organization's money flow. raki is obviously needed for this tactic since he's human and you can't have abs going around trying to save people. their endgame is to oust the organization from the continent so that people can go back to their normals lives. isley and priscilla will live in peace with humanity (disguised as humans) since abyssal ones generally have more self control when it comes to eating guts.
    Last edited by kaliayev; June 10, 2008 at 10:26 AM.
    Hello, Dave. Is that you, Dave?

  9. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    850
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is this mysterious girl?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaliayev View Post
    voted priscilla. they're leaving her ambiguous because they want to have some mystery with isley's plans. here's my guess:

    isley and priscilla revealed themselves after raki evolved into an individual who was mature enough to not whine about every little deception. he then decided to join them after isley revealed that clare was still alive. at the moment, he and priscilla are traveling together looking for her. the former wishes to reunite while the latter seeks forgiveness. at the same time, they are becoming a legend that will counter the reliance that the people have on claymores, helping to destroy the organization's money flow. raki is obviously needed for this tactic since he's human and you can't have abs going around trying to save people. their endgame is to oust the organization from the continent so that people can go back to their normals lives. isley and priscilla will live in peace with humanity (disguised as humans) since abyssal ones generally have more self control when it comes to eating guts.
    I agree with some points such as Priscilla being the cloaked figure. I am not sure how Isley would know Clare being alive when Raki never mentioned her name until probably during the time skip - remember Claire and company were hiding for those years too and the organization has more resources afawk so I doubt Isley just knows Clare's alive. I don't think they are destroying the money flow especially they are looking for Clare - even if they are going out of their way to hunt Yomas in closeby villages I doubt the money from those places will matter much - if it did the organization would have no doubt targeted Raki. I do agree that we may have the Claymore anime "ending" where basically in the end claire and raki leaves while isley and priscilla leaves as well. But i think Isley will die in the series since he is evil.

  10. #10
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,893
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is this mysterious girl?

    I voted a Claymore(meaning a claymore we don't know yet). Though, she has no sword interestingly enough.

    I think we can rule out Riful, awesome though she is, because we already saw Riful and Raki was nowhere around at the time.

    Of the known candidates i think Priscilla is the most likely, because in order for her to slip by Galatea unnoticed when they paid a visit to Labona she would have had to be a pro at yoki suppression. Which was Priscilla's specialty.

    The problems I have with her being Priscilla are.

    1)She just looked to small to be Priscilla. Priscilla was only a couple in inches shorter than young Raki. The girl riding on the shoulder of the now massive grown up Raki looked a much smaller than that to me.

    2)Her face was hidden the whole chapter. If it was Priscilla why hide her face.

    3)In 7 years i think it to be rather likely that Raki would have realized Priscilla wasn't human, with the lack of aging and all.
    Last edited by Jammin; June 10, 2008 at 11:03 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

  11. #11
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is this mysterious girl?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I voted a Claymore(meaning a claymore we don't know yet). Though, she has no sword interestingly enough.

    I think we can rule out Riful, awesome though she is, because we already saw Riful and Raki was nowhere around at the time.
    The fact that Raki was nowhere around at the time doesn't discount the possibility that the girl is Riful though. We now that Raki was most probably heading south around that time (since he just got to his hometown in the South), so it could be that Raki was around the area and that (if the girl is Riful) she managed to sneak away when she felt the Claymore hunting the AB.

    Riful can travel at ungodly speeds, so getting distance between her and Raki in order to unleash her awakened form and go after the Claymore wouldn't be a problem.

    Also, Riful was hiding her yoki so well right before she appeared that not even Tabitha could sense her, add this together with the fact that Dauf was not with her and it is very possible that she is doing something sly (like hiding as a human somewhere Dauf cannot go).

  12. #12
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,893
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is this mysterious girl?

    @notme
    I suppose it's not impossible that she might be moonlighting as a parrot on Raki's shoulder. Actually now that i think about it she even used to ride on Dauf's shoulder in a similar *way*.

    However, Raki has been searching for Clare for at least a year now. Somehow i doubt that Riful has that kind of time to to mess around. Especially when she is out trying to hunting up skilled yoki manipulating claymores. She may be fast but she can't be everywhere at once.

    In addition to that the one on Raki's shoulder was silent. Riful has never exactly been very tight lipped, which is part of her charm.

    As for Riful's skill at yoki suppression, that is very debatable. She has never been shown to be able to hide her yoki completely she just makes it seem smaller than it is. She didn't ambush anyone when she attacked the new number 3 and number 5. She just rushed *in*. When she entered their yoki detection range everyone knew she was there. They just didn't know quite how badass she actually was.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

  13. #13
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is this mysterious girl?

    I doubt its riful. If the mysterious little girl had never been seen riding on raki's shoulder then the riful theory probably wouldn't have been brought up. What i get from her riding on raki's shoulder in the town is that being she is short raki mounted her on his shoulder so that she positively identify the yoma amongst the crowd for him. This way he wouldn't end up killing some random human.

  14. #14
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is this mysterious girl?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    @notme
    I suppose it's not impossible that she might be moonlighting as a parrot on Raki's shoulder. Actually now that i think about it she even used to ride on Dauf's shoulder in a similar *way*.

    However, Raki has been searching for Clare for at least a year now. Somehow i doubt that Riful has that kind of time to to mess around. Especially when she is out trying to hunting up skilled yoki manipulating claymores. She may be fast but she can't be everywhere at once.

    In addition to that the one on Raki's shoulder was silent. Riful has never exactly been very tight lipped, which is part of her charm.

    As for Riful's skill at yoki suppression, that is very debatable. She has never been shown to be able to hide her yoki completely she just makes it seem smaller than it is. She didn't ambush anyone when she attacked the new number 3 and number 5. She just rushed *in*. When she entered their yoki detection range everyone knew she was there. They just didn't know quite how badass she actually was.
    Riful has shown an extraordinary ability to hide her yoki though. During the Witch's Maw Galatea said that Riful could only be sensed if you searched the precise area for the exact right wavelength. Galatea also said that Riful can hide her yoma so well that it is frightening.

    Also, if Riful is trying to go undercover it would make sense that she wouldn't run her mouth off. We have only had a few panels of this mysterious girl anyways, and Yagi seems content to keep her under wraps. So her not speaking could only be a temporary thing.

  15. #15
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,893
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is this mysterious girl?

    Quote Originally Posted by notme View Post
    Riful has shown an extraordinary ability to hide her yoki though. During the Witch's Maw Galatea said that Riful could only be sensed if you searched the precise area for the exact right wavelength. Galatea also said that Riful can hide her yoma so well that it is frightening.

    Also, if Riful is trying to go undercover it would make sense that she wouldn't run her mouth off. We have only had a few panels of this mysterious girl anyways, and Yagi seems content to keep her under wraps. So her not speaking could only be a temporary thing.
    If your talking about *this*. Galatea says she is frighteningly good at hiding her yoki but it's still detectable and considering Galatea has gotten better at reading yoki since she blinded herself. I find it doubtful that she would be able to walk around in the same city as Riful and not notice.

    There are also some differences in translations about that part. I have seen another translation of that line which reads "She's done a pretty good job of hiding her aura, but it's still detectable." As for which of the two is closer to correct, i can't say because i can't read Japanese. Both seem to agree however that Galatea can detect Riful.
    Last edited by Jammin; June 10, 2008 at 12:20 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts