Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raki's armor.

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dedal_x's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raki's armor.

This armor really got me wondering too.

Here, I wanted to make this to make is easy to see:

As you can see, when Raki is defending against the Fingers attack, the armor bracers are definately telescopically slide in to shield Raki. On the other hand, in the scene after battle we see bracers in their "passive" state. And no matter how I try I can't think of a way to hide that many complex-shaped telescopic plates in that small in-elbow plate.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kioras's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Only thing i can think of is that the plates moved from the upper arm, down to the lower arm, somehow
    There is a mistaken proverb which tells us that those who are ignorant of the past are condemned to repeat it. In fact, they're lucky if they're allowed to repeat it. More probably, they're condemned to something even worse than the past. This is doubly true of those who believe that their ignorance somehow makes them morally superior to those who don't share it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it could be possible that his armour is alive or has yoki embedded into it, as we have seen with Dauf. Though it seems a lot simpler for it to be just a telescopic device, nothing more nothing less.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member rukori's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if we'll find that out in about 10 days... soon the spoilers will pop out

you shouldn't be so quick to die. life is a precious thing...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ikayto's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well it looks like Raki's forearm has a brace that is connected to his bicep/shoulder guards so it may just be mechanically operated to slide forward and back up.

I want to show I can be a splendid ninja as well, even if I don't have ninjutsu or genjutsu ...
    I want to prove it to the whole world!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that raki didn't gain his strengh and that special armor from isley. Remember chapter 67 http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/67/ . He has been imprinsoned after his journey with isley, and it was not long after we saw him with isley becouse this hole here http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/67/05/ is big enough only for kid. I think that he gain his armor and - train/become claymore/gain some new hiper crazy powers - somewhere alse

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member rukori's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Raki was imprisoned before his journey with Isley. When he got out of the prison he met with Priscilla right away...

you shouldn't be so quick to die. life is a precious thing...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ramen4ever's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea I'm going to have to agree with Raki being trained by Isley. Why would someone completely unknown be introduced after Isley had already agreed to teach him all he knows about using swords. Which already explains Raki's totally new badass skill. Considering Isley was a former no.1 after all. As for Raki's armor, it's really up for grabs. I'm placing my bet on Isley making it for him, just not out of his flesh, that seems like a far cry.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Was looking at Raki's Armor it reminded me of some kind of exo-suit.
    That some how adapts to it users needs such as when he is in battle it will quickly cover his left forearm to stop the Yoma attack then qucikly returns to in natural state. which is a simple three peice armor set of shoulder guards ,
    Hips guards and foot and calf.

What ever this armor is it is scary.
    a basic exo suit enhances a users stretgh but slows them down : this things not only enhances the users stregth allowing him to use a Great Sword which FYI is bigger then a Claymore.
    It seems highly probably that it enhances the users speed, simply by remain in it most basic form.

Going to be good to see Raki use this New armor in full battle Mode.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kaloo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like a real leap in logic to me Koremark... not that I've got a better idea for how he gained immense strength, but it is a shounen manga and he did probably do some crazy ass training. In this series a suit of armor that makes you stronger doesn't really feel like it belongs.(Mind... neither do dragon-people)

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick speculation... When the MIB guys first started the experiments they likely threw money around like water. That armor is likely the original armor that the 1st generation of Claymores were issued. It likely was Isley's armor and he gave it to Raki since it doesn't really do him any good anymore. I'll bet the original armor was made out of the same metal that the claymores' swords are made out of. The MIB guys stopped issuing that armor for 2 reasons.
    1. When claymores awaken it is too restrictive and they end up strangling themselves due to their increased body size.
    2. The second reason is... it's too hard to kill a rogue awakened being that is actually capable of wearing that armor.
    Last edited by Wowzers; July 01, 2008 at 12:12 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TodaPower's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Wowzers, in that I would bet it is Isley's old equiptment.
    We never did see a male claymore before he awakened, so it could be that the male versions were given a heavier/different sword and more battle ready equipment.
    The armor could also could enhance the user's strength and speed so the claymore would have to rely less on the yoma energy.
    I hope it is explained this upcoming chapter.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sportgal1's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I was looking back at chapter 96, where Raki was stabbed by the Destroyer's things. Where he was pierced on his shoulder, there's no evidence of his shoulder equipment at all. I think it is probably his equipment that is holding the Destroyer's things back. Willpower just wouldn't be able to it. This also leads me to think that it's not Isley's old equipment, because I doubt something from first generation would be able to hold back the Destroyer' strength. What do you guys think?

http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/96/08/

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gernot's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

As boring as it sounds, I think it's just will power.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would agree, as it is mainly their human/Claymore mind/willpower which allows Claymores to control their yoma half, control their yoki, and resist Awakening.

HOWEVER, from a writer's stand point, why would Yagi have his manga character Dae "mock it sarcastically" as simply being willpower?

I don't see a reason for this dialogue line, unless there IS going to be actually something special about it (Raki), and not simply (his) willpower. It must be foreshadowing for us, as Yagi could simply not have had any dialogue about it, and left us wondering on our own as we wait for the next chapter. Again, why did Yagi put in this line of dialogue by Dae?
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; February 04, 2010 at 02:04 AM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast