Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore Volume Covers & Color Pages

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Volume Covers & Color Pages

It's Claymore forum and in Claymore nude scenes are quite common. Earlier moderators were more sensible about this and (under)covers for volumes 16-17 weren't hidden even though there are nude characters in them. Let's not be hypocrites. Besides, Yagi is never explicit when it comes to drawing nude woman and at best (or worst, depending how you look at it) they're topless . Plus my images are in thumbnails format so you can't see any details unless you click on them ;P.
    Last edited by Goral; January 15, 2011 at 01:35 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Godeye_Galatea's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I am amazed to know that Alicia and Beth look really good in close up and colored pictures. I like it very much! They are really pretty girls.
    "I'll show you mine if you show me yours first. Let's compare scars, I'll tell you whose worse. "

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    It's Claymore forum and in Claymore nude scenes are quite common. Earlier moderators were more sensible about this and (under)covers for volumes 16-17 weren't hidden even though there are nude characters in them. Let's not be hypocrites. Besides, Yagi is never explicit when it comes to drawing nude woman and at best (or worst, depending how you look at it) they're topless . Plus my images are in thumbnails format so you can't see any details unless you click on them ;P.
    Your point about the nudity being non-explicit is correct, however, simply putting them into a spoiler and having a warning, isn't asking much, for a bit more decency on the site, or at least this Claymore forum of this site, especially for our younger members.

--------------------------------------------

this is done via:

[.spoiler=Warning: Nudity](cover-pics)[/spoiler]

without the "." before the first "spoiler"

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your understanding, sensitivity, and cooperation.

this matter is final
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; January 16, 2011 at 03:40 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I've updated my post adding all covers for all volumes that have been published in Japan (1-19). You will find there a direct link to zipped images that I've used. I hope that someone will download it and upload them somewhere else (like photobucket/imageshack or sth similar) because surely my links will be dead with time so backup would be appreciated.
    There were no purple pages in volume 12. I've found 3 version's of it and none of them had them so I think it's safe to assume they're not there.

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks Goral, esepcially for putting them into spoilers too!

-----------------------

I just edited in your post to the OP post, as I was worried about messing it up if diong it another way, so take a look if interested. hopefully it is satisfactorily enough.

also, just let me know for future releases, and I'll update the OP the same way as we did it this way/time together. You can update your post, and then I'll edit it into the OP
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; January 17, 2011 at 12:14 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Claymore Volume Covers & Color Pages

This is very beautiful. Thank you for going through the trouble of gathering all these for us. Yagi truly has an appreciation for the female form and he captures both the feminimity and masculinity of these characters.

I especially liked the colored pic of the Black Ones. It captured their beauty as well as a hint of vulnerability. The picture is intimate (not in a lewd way) but it shows the sisters in a moment without their armor both literally and metaphorically speaking. For a brief moment we see the twins not as killers brainwashed by the MIB but as two sisters who love each other very much.

That picture of Miria was hot! I mean put on your oven mits hot! I mean, I mean wow!

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if these 3 big volumes have unique cover art?

Spoiler show
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; February 28, 2011 at 11:25 AM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

These are databooks so I doubt they have unique cover art (unless we don't have everything when it comes to databooks).

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n87584641
    http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...788#enlargeimg

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    These are databooks so I doubt they have unique cover art (unless we don't have everything when it comes to databooks).

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n87584641
    http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...788#enlargeimg
    Each one is only about 30 pages worth of data (I could see a 3 plus the comics equaling one of the 3 volumes)... So what the hell is the rest of it filled with!!?

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: vol. 20 cover show

---------- Post added June 10, 2011 at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was May 30, 2011 at 07:46 PM ----------

Bigger sized cover of vol. 20 and undercovers:

Spoiler: vol. 20 cover and undercovers show

Cover isn't great but undercovers on the other hand...
    Last edited by Goral; June 10, 2011 at 12:49 AM.

16. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, the 3rd pic...

looks like a new Claymore, and thus probably one of the 3 rank 1 Claymores, presumably it would be Cassandra, who we thought was bald, but she just got a hood/headscarf thingy ???

---------------

also we seem to notified that indeed next chapter is Deneve's group's arrival... from the 4th pic

--------------

1st pic is interesting too, unless it's just about Anastasia's group's first appearance (what chapter # was the start of volume 20?), if not hmm....

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

We're already at volume 21st so I wouldn't rely on these images too much when it comes to future events. Also, could you update 1st post and add covers of vol. 20?

Moderator message by: HegemonKhan
    to quote Heero Yuy: "Roger that!" and "Mission completed", and thanks for the clarification too!

---------- Post added July 02, 2011 at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was June 10, 2011 at 02:13 PM ----------

Colored covers of volumes 16 (colored by Fantasy) and 20 (colored by Eugune) in higher resolution:

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Goral; July 03, 2011 at 04:45 AM. Reason: added author's of colored covers. Shame on me I didn't do it earlier

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Goral:

Did someone on the forums color these or are these scans of the originals from the publisher? I love the contrasting turquoise of Anastasia's eyes and the sultry smirk she has. However, he does need to cut down on the "augmentations." Thanks for sharing the covers.
    Last edited by wickedsmile; July 03, 2011 at 02:36 AM.
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

21. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the hair could be moved to the sides though, wink wink, devilish grinning

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@wickedsmile
    Volume 16th cover was coloured by Fantasy and volume 20th by Eugene - both are Chinese and reside at TSS. My bad for not crediting them, completely forgot about it since I was posting it in a hurry.

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast