Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Volume 34 (Chapters 297-306) Discussions

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 297 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by kuarl View Post
    what does this means?

I mean... how long could it takes to draw few pages?

unless neither him knows how to continue this series...
    It simply means that there's not a fixed date for the releases and the level of detail in the artwork makes it longer to "just draw a few pages". Furthermore, if you have been following Berserk for some time you will notice that there are long periods without releases. That's because he likes to take breaks, or vacations, or get some inspiration, or whatever.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crazy_horse1989's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

i don`t think it`s about getting inspiration, because he had it planned since he started the manga... the plot, the action, i mean...

@kuarl: most likely, it takes a long time to draw those pages, because of the detail level, as sk.nite pointed out... if you`d tried, you`d know what i`m talking about...
    "War... Revenge... Maybe that's enough reason I'm all alone, I think. Fofr now. And withi me is the black berserker rage... And only that... Will keep me on my feet. As I head towards you... Pressing on."
    --> Guts from the manga BERSERK...

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Is a very detailed manga, but still Kentaro Sensei breaks are too long...
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

well, maybe he`s not feeling too well (health problems-mangaka`s tend to don`t give a damn about their own health) and, you know, when he`s such a shady person, you don`t know what`s going on... i don`t want that to be the actual problem...
    "War... Revenge... Maybe that's enough reason I'm all alone, I think. Fofr now. And withi me is the black berserker rage... And only that... Will keep me on my feet. As I head towards you... Pressing on."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member monkey d scar's Avatar
    Country
    Algeria
    Post Thanks / Like

posted by Heiji-sama @ RSF :

Quote Quote:
    Pas de chapitre le 11 juillet
    that means : "no chapter on 11 July"

God, next chapter is very far away...

*returns to hibernating *

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cyanilurus's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kuarl View Post
    what does this means?

I mean... how long could it takes to draw few pages?

unless neither him knows how to continue this series...
    I read webcomics on a regular basis too and to most of the artists that single page per week is hard enough to do, and those pages mostly don' t have half of the detail. Well, okay, most of them aren' t pros, but in my opinion it shows how hard it is to do.
    And Berserk is always on a level that is well worth the wait.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Shinomori Aoshi's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that hard work every 2 weeks didn't seem to bother Miura-sensei in the early years of Berserk. It's probably something else... The only thing I don't want it to be is some sort of 'guidance' or 'orders' from the publishers; I think I would hate that.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sk.nite View Post
    It simply means that there's not a fixed date for the releases and the level of detail in the artwork makes it longer to "just draw a few pages". Furthermore, if you have been following Berserk for some time you will notice that there are long periods without releases. That's because he likes to take breaks, or vacations, or get some inspiration, or whatever.
    Ya, gotta let everyone realize how detailed his work is and that he has NO assistants like most other shonen mangakas. Each and every chapter of Berserk is a work of art, to be honest its impressive how quickly he is able to actually make a chapter some times. These last few have been especially impressive, all those meshed faces and so on.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 96

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mythsoul's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    Ya, gotta let everyone realize how detailed his work is and that he has NO assistants like most other shonen mangakas. Each and every chapter of Berserk is a work of art, to be honest its impressive how quickly he is able to actually make a chapter some times. These last few have been especially impressive, all those meshed faces and so on.
    I agree that the art work is truely astonishing....but still...I need my berserk fix...been checking for the next chapter to come out...and it's been almost a month...I wanna see some Guts slashing some mofo

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Berserk is 100% always worth the wait. My only concern is whether the mangaka can finish the story before he, y'know, dies.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
    Berserk is 100% always worth the wait. My only concern is whether the mangaka can finish the story before he, y'know, dies.
    yeah... i hope he does... finish the story, i mean...

Berserk is the best out there... search all you want, you won`t find something as good as this...

P.S.: my sig and avatar speak for themselves...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member PB|Ichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Any infos out, when the next "piece of art" is being released? This year or maybe the next?
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_horse1989 View Post
    Berserk is the best out there... search all you want, you won`t find something as good as this...

P.S.: my sig and avatar speak for themselves...
    btw
    That made me laugh quite a bit, you seem to haven't read many manga up till now, or have you? Gantz maybe and Elfen Lied, there Berserk is clearly superior, no need to talk about it....
    Don't want to start a Flamewar, just came to my mind here, sth. like that shouldn't stay uncommented, at least add an IMO.
    Last edited by PB|Ichigo; July 20, 2008 at 09:20 PM.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PB|Ichigo View Post
    Any infos out, when the next "piece of art" is being released? This year or maybe the next?

btw
    That made me laugh quite a bit, you seem to haven't read many manga up till now, or have you? Gantz maybe and Elfen Lied, there Berserk is clearly superior, no need to talk about it....
    Don't want to start a Flamewar, just came to my mind here, sth. like that shouldn't stay uncommented, at least add an IMO.

*CONTENT EDITED BECAUSE OF THE INVENTION OF PM`s.... *

Kentaro Miura is taking a damn well-worth-it vacation (or not, how you want to see things) and HOPEFULLY we will get another chapter in maximum a month...
    Last edited by crazy_horse1989; July 20, 2008 at 09:42 PM. Reason: pm is the solution...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PB|Ichigo View Post

btw

WRONG, berserk is easily the best manga EVER

imo

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Uhmm, and so we already have all the ingredients for a nice flamewar. ^^

This happens so fast on the internet, unbelievable. It is kind of pointless, to say something against berserk in a forum dedicated to exactly this manga. This is not really an objective platform here. ^^

I for myself, really enjoy reading berserk from time to time. It has some asthonishing art, a nice storyline and some well done characters. But Berserk has not the monopoly on all this characteristics. It is not my favourite manga but for sure a very good one, IMO. ^^
    I kinda dislike this "Guts takes a shit, a slaughtering shit" theme, but who really cares. This is Miuras manga and he is knowing, where to move on next.

But it is always the same. In a Monster/20th Century Boys/AKIRA/BAA/Blame! thread, the respektive manga is always "easily the best EVER." ^^

I don´t see the purpose of telling others what they have to think or to like. Opinions differ and this is a good thing, imo. xD

As to say at least something constructive in this thread, i was really surprised by the sheer size of ganishka. Who not? xD I am curious about the further development. Will we see Guts again in the near future? What is about a possible fight between ganishka and griffith? And how do Miura plan to involve guts and his comrades in all of this? Interesting...

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast