Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Thread: Volume 34 (Chapters 297-306) Discussions

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 303 Discussion

I think it's pretty obvious that Skull Knight is indeed Emperor Gaiseric, who united all of the Midland in the past, R/FDutch. It's one of those things that is implied. The real question is how he became the Skull Knight. I believe Charlotte said that Gaiseric was "punished" by 4 or 5 angels (God Hand obviously) for his greed and gluttony. So it doesn't look like he's an Apostle, or at least he didn't become one by conventional means.

As far as Zodd goes...as awesome of a character he is, it makes sense that he would become Griffith's lapdog to me. Zodd's only ambition prior to meeting Griffith was fighting, and looking to fight someone onpar with his abilities...that's all he lived for. Griffith's aura was intense and imposing BEFORE the Eclipse, so it's not surprising that Zodd is so eager to follow him.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think whats going to happen is Femento is going to get slayed by the Skull knight because he is taken from suprise, but Griffith is going to be fine because i think Femento and Griffith are seperate but the same being. So i believe Skull Knight will kill Femento and then the after shock will likely kill him, but he will escape using his sword and tell Guts he has killed Femento and Griffith is mortal again.

This is good for the plot because right now Guts just wants to forget about revenge and heal Caska and then live together, but when he heres that Griffith is now mortal and he would be able to slay him it will change things dramatically and Guts will be torn between going to Fairy Island or changing course or leaving Caska again to go after the now mortal Griffith.

Of course Griffith will eventually gain his God Hand Powers back later on but this will be a great plot for Guts and will also provide some character development for Griffith because all of a suddenly he now has the make the choice to go back to becoming Femento again or simply taking over the kingdom as a mortal.

In-fact we may even see Griffith wishing to aton for his sins and stay mortal and become the King with Gut's revenge plot foiling his ambitions again causing him to become Femento again for a second time(This time mabye at the cost of Caska). But yeah thats just my theory as to whats going to happen now

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious that Skull Knight is indeed Emperor Gaiseric, who united all of the Midland in the past, R/FDutch. It's one of those things that is implied. The real question is how he became the Skull Knight. I believe Charlotte said that Gaiseric was "punished" by 4 or 5 angels (God Hand obviously) for his greed and gluttony. So it doesn't look like he's an Apostle, or at least he didn't become one by conventional means.

As far as Zodd goes...as awesome of a character he is, it makes sense that he would become Griffith's lapdog to me. Zodd's only ambition prior to meeting Griffith was fighting, and looking to fight someone onpar with his abilities...that's all he lived for. Griffith's aura was intense and imposing BEFORE the Eclipse, so it's not surprising that Zodd is so eager to follow him.

it's more than obvious who he is.

but what his real face looks like? for what he know he was an emperator who always used an skull armor

he has no face. =(

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro45 View Post
    I think whats going to happen is Femento is going to get slayed by the Skull knight because he is taken from suprise, but Griffith is going to be fine because i think Femento and Griffith are seperate but the same being. So i believe Skull Knight will kill Femento and then the after shock will likely kill him, but he will escape using his sword and tell Guts he has killed Femento and Griffith is mortal again.

This is good for the plot because right now Guts just wants to forget about revenge and heal Caska and then live together, but when he heres that Griffith is now mortal and he would be able to slay him it will change things dramatically and Guts will be torn between going to Fairy Island or changing course or leaving Caska again to go after the now mortal Griffith.

Of course Griffith will eventually gain his God Hand Powers back later on but this will be a great plot for Guts and will also provide some character development for Griffith because all of a suddenly he now has the make the choice to go back to becoming Femento again or simply taking over the kingdom as a mortal.

In-fact we may even see Griffith wishing to aton for his sins and stay mortal and become the King with Gut's revenge plot foiling his ambitions again causing him to become Femento again for a second time(This time mabye at the cost of Caska). But yeah thats just my theory as to whats going to happen now

That would be one awesome twist in the plot. I really hope you're right, although I think this comes from the feeling of hate towards griffith from me .

Also, yeah xi0, it was pretty obvious. I just wanted to know if I was not the only one that thought so. When I spoke about this earlier on another forum, they didn't know for sure, so I thought: "let's ask here".

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter was awesome, specially that page where SK appears from behind, that scene is amazing.(The light effets and the thunder thing)
    So Griffith=Femto?
    If after Ganishka defeat Griffith becomes the King of Midland and Guts will still seek revenge then Guts will have to face Midland, I mean it will be very hard to touch a King unless he comes to Guts on one on one(course Guts is no match to Femto at the moment).

Maybe we will see some godhand powers next chapter? Femto vs Skull Knight sounds great.

Btw I'm new cheers!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mcd693's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Yeah nvm memory lapse....unless the sword is a super powerup I don't see what it could do against God Hand....
    I think that griffith anticipated ganishka to turn into something along the lines that he did. Griffith's battle strategies are amazing truely. He spread out an immense army so that ganishka would spread out his abilities to deal with THE GROUP. Then using this oppurtunity attacked ganiska at his weakest point. -->This is a fantastic strategy because Griffith/Femto could easily defeat Ganishka. He knows that a 1 on 1 fight would try his abilities and he understands what the word power means-->why do something yourself when you can get others do it for you(apostles). It also brings what could be an extremely long war to a very quick end. Brilliant

I think that the whole SK thing mind fucked most people and myself included. I beleive that this is why Miura introduced him into the series. He's kind of like superman in that he pops up whenever you think that someone is surely going to die and yet i can't help the feeling that he simply watches events unfold sometimes from a distance.

Anyways I think that SK did in fact INJURE femto but won't kill him. Griffith/Femto will most likely kill both ganiska and maybe even SK. But now that Femto is injured it would make the win of Guts against Femto/Griffith more believable. We already know that Guts can beat Griffith straight up but that as Femto, Guts would get his salad tossed. I think that the injury(the injury itself will inflict a GREAT deal of damage and affect femto's abilities in the future) will bring Femto down enough levels so that Guts can least compete when he does decide/have the oppurtunity to take on Femto/Griffith.
    Last edited by mcd693; May 11, 2009 at 10:20 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

It's really hard to say what could happen next, yet I do sense this is a good point in the story to know some tiny bits on SK's past and agenda.

Loved the chapter finale, so much tension. I can't really believe Femto will be injuried in any serious way. Yet I do hope SK won't bite the dust since I love the char.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Femto will die from the hit, either dodge or get wounded from it. SK's target is IMHO likely Ganishuka, as he's the one ripping the dimensions apart with his appearence. Besides, Femto is Gutz's. All his! No one else's!!!

Zodd right now only looks pitiful compared to SK. It's like Rickert said: "He's as good as... No! He's better than Zodd!".

Allow me to add: "No shit Sherlock?"

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

lol Guts isn't ever close to being a match for Femto, yet, which reminds me, how does Guts plan on killing Griffith/Femto? He'd pretty much have to kill the god-hands and god as well, right? Or unless the elves have some crazy h4x up their sleeves. Or maybe there is another deity that can help Guts

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SparkHunter13's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Evil_Genius released their scans today (Finally!) and, well... meh, was a pretty decent chapter...

Of course I 'm kidding, this is one of the best chapters in ages. I love Miura's artwork in this one, especially Ganishka's flashback. And the two-pager of Femto reaching down from the light - vividly contrasting white with black - represents his speech perfectly. This chapter really was well worth the wait, and it's less than two weeks till the next. Suh-weet!

About Skully's blade: Don't forget, Skull Knight created the behelit sword for the specific purpose of "entombing those beings in the abysmal vortex". His attack could be more effective than we might think. I'm ruling nothing out after this chapter...

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    The real question is how he became the Skull Knight. I believe Charlotte said that Gaiseric was "punished" by 4 or 5 angels (God Hand obviously) for his greed and gluttony. So it doesn't look like he's an Apostle, or at least he didn't become one by conventional means.
    Those "4 or 5 angels" couldn't have been the God Hand. An Eclipse happens only once every 216 years, so that means the first God Hand was born in 864 BF (Before Femto). Simply put, Gaiseric's empire was felled before the God Hand, as we know it, even came into existence.

Incidently, some have speculated that the "angels" could have been the four elemental gods - the same elemental gods that Schierke summons against the trolls in Enoch village - which suggests it was a magic-user that brought down Gaiseric's empire. Maybe it was the wiseman that Mozgus speaks of... maybe it wasn't. It's anyone's guess at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyuu X View Post
    Btw I'm new cheers!
    Welcome, Garyuu. =)

Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner dosukoi7's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really glad you liked the chapter! It took me a long time to translate it because the way the language was in the flashback but I think it came out pretty well. Here I was worried everyone was going to hate me ^^()

12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

No way, I thank you on my bare knees

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dosukoi7 View Post
    I'm really glad you liked the chapter! It took me a long time to translate it because the way the language was in the flashback but I think it came out pretty well. Here I was worried everyone was going to hate me ^^()
    I'm glad there are people dedicating their time to these chapters. Keep up the good work.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member NickPizzo's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dosukoi7 View Post
    EH? hating you? How could I hate you my darling? Would you like to marry me? I'm joking, I'm still hetero ... but seriously, thanks a lot!!!
    Mmm, I have a question, about the last page, does it LITERALLY says "Is Griffith really Femto?". Not to bash your translation, but the first time I readed it I was like: "What the hell!!? what kind of plot twist is this!?" And seriously I can't stop thinking about it.

I thought of waiting till next chapter to have an explanation, but seeing your post here I thought that it would have been faster to ask you directly.

Thanks again!!
    Last edited by NickPizzo; May 14, 2009 at 04:46 PM.

MH Senpai 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DrPepperPro's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Griffith is actually Slan.

Thread Closed
Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast