Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53

Thread: Volume 34 (Chapters 297-306) Discussions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mythsoul's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 306 Discussion

amazing......i've been a fan of this manga for a longgggggg time.....it was one of the first mangas and animes that i've saw.....and it's been a long time .....almost 3 years...and ....you do come to accept it....there are plenty of other mangas out there to keep ya entretain while Berserk releaese a chapter....and I had forgotten to check up on it...till today..and I caught up 5 chapters....hehehe.....so it's a rare treat.....the animation is second to one......so that's why I just wait..and every 3 months or so...I check up on it........awesome.....

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member L0ki's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems we were right about Miura taking a break right after completing volume 34. Hell, I'd been surprised if he'd kept going...

I can't complain about this chapter, at least some of the spreads were interesting.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Polemidis's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys.. what Skull Knight did was so unpredictable.. what do you think that will happen?
    The idea of that fantasy becoming reallity was nice.. a myth world with something out of the "ordinary" wheels of universal power slashing through and giving birth to a new world. To tell you the truth I liked it more when the armies were clashing and afterwards that Guts took on the whole world.
    I am curius to see how the series will evolve I hope it wont become boring in the sense that there will be monster vs monster battles everywhere with human struggle for survival becoming unable to keep up with the "monster invasion".
    I think it started to become tiring that there arent any more hardcore fights, I mean Griffith and his army just slash through without any hard resistance.
    We shed tears now so that we wont shed blood later..

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polemidis View Post
    Hey guys.. what Skull Knight did was so unpredictable.. what do you think that will happen?
    The idea of that fantasy becoming reallity was nice.. a myth world with something out of the "ordinary" wheels of universal power slashing through and giving birth to a new world. To tell you the truth I liked it more when the armies were clashing and afterwards that Guts took on the whole world.
    I am curius to see how the series will evolve I hope it wont become boring in the sense that there will be monster vs monster battles everywhere with human struggle for survival becoming unable to keep up with the "monster invasion".
    I think it started to become tiring that there arent any more hardcore fights, I mean Griffith and his army just slash through without any hard resistance.
    I think most people agree that the Golden Age had more of a pure medieval feel to it overall. Then with the Eclipse, Miura ushered in more of a Fantasy feel on top of this. The merging of the worlds really is just a natural progression in my opinion.

As far as Monster vs. Monster...Guts has been a "monster" since he donned the Berserk Armor IMO. I see where you're coming from, but with a manga that already had the visuals of the Eclipse and transforming Apostles, Monster vs. Monster doesn't really worry me. As long as it's EPIC and Miura is drawing it, I don't care

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I think most people agree that the Golden Age had more of a pure medieval feel to it overall. Then with the Eclipse, Miura ushered in more of a Fantasy feel on top of this. The merging of the worlds really is just a natural progression in my opinion.

As far as Monster vs. Monster...Guts has been a "monster" since he donned the Berserk Armor IMO. I see where you're coming from, but with a manga that already had the visuals of the Eclipse and transforming Apostles, Monster vs. Monster doesn't really worry me. As long as it's EPIC and Miura is drawing it, I don't care
    heh but Guts is Guts.. he represents the human strugle sure monster vs monster battles happened but not on such a large scale as I think that they may happen now that more monsters have popped out. I mean Apostles are kind of different from those things they were more "underground".

oh well it could be just me that I got stuck with that idea

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member L0ki's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that's just your opinion. I don't think it would make the series boring. I think that a long story evolving and changing is generally a good thing. I don't know about you, but I get bored reading over 500 chapters of pirates and ninjas doing the same things over and over.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crazy_horse1989's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    yeah, i think the same way... anything thought, drawn and put on paper by Miura has got to be EPIC, whatever the genre, lol...

if you`re up-to-date with the manga, surely you must`ve read the first two volumes and got a general feeling of how things were going to turn out... there are plenty of bloody manga out there, some with even more gore, so why aren`t they my favorite manga series? because elements don`t blend as subtly as here... no matter how much of a pacifist you may be (i`m not one of them), you find yourself waiting for Guts to chop one`s head off at times... Miura proved to be rather cruel, like the deal with the Eclipse, but it was necessary for the progress of the story... to be honest, i favor psychological over gore and i`ve taken a bit of an interest in fantasy, but just a little, so the way things go right now is just good...
    Last edited by crazy_horse1989; July 17, 2009 at 02:45 PM.
    "War... Revenge... Maybe that's enough reason I'm all alone, I think. Fofr now. And withi me is the black berserker rage... And only that... Will keep me on my feet. As I head towards you... Pressing on."
    --> Guts from the manga BERSERK...

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_horse1989 View Post
    yeah, i think the same way... anything thought, drawn and put on paper by Miura has got to be EPIC, whatever the genre, lol...

if you`re up-to-date with the manga, surely you must`ve read the first two volumes and got a general feeling of how things were going to turn out... there are plenty of bloody manga out there, some with even more gore, so why aren`t they my favorite manga series? because elements don`t blend as subtly as here... no matter how much of a pacifist you may be (i`m not one of them), you find yourself waiting for Guts to chop one`s head off at times... Miura proved to be rather cruel, like the deal with the Eclipse, but it was necessary for the progress of the story... to be honest, i favor psychological over gore and i`ve taken a bit of an interest in fantasy, but just a little, so the way things go right now is just good...

o_O I never said I am a pacifist or that the eclipse bloodbath was cruel or the monsters suck.. I believe those scenes are a strong point of Berserk I was refering to a possibility of the plot about what may happen now that MORE monsters appeared, like u said the way things have gone so far is pretty good and I just dont want the overmonstering thingy act in a way that it will make me lose interest not that it will nesserarily do so.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crazy_horse1989's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

well, excuse me for derailing, i got caught up in my own post... i don`t think adding too many monsters will make it bad in any way... if you go to "The Interstice" section here, on the Berserk forum, you`ll see a thread "Denizens of Fantasia", started by SparkHunter13, where monsters are categorized... as you read along the info about the monsters, you`ll see that not all of them are evil or whatever, some even help you dust your house, lol... this change in storyline open a world of possibilities, literally...

anyways, what i really meant in my previous post, the essential, was this:
    Quote Quote:
    to be honest, i favor psychological over gore and i`ve taken a bit of an interest in fantasy, but just a little, so the way things go right now is just good...
    "War... Revenge... Maybe that's enough reason I'm all alone, I think. Fofr now. And withi me is the black berserker rage... And only that... Will keep me on my feet. As I head towards you... Pressing on."
    --> Guts from the manga BERSERK...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Miura handles the fusing of different planes well, I don't want Guts & Co to get sidetracked into some utterly pointless side quest

Thread Closed
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53