Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cleaning Challenge #02 - The Lesson

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cleaning Challenge #02

This is really tough... Greys are my worst nightmare... That's why i admire u guys... really tough job
    I gave it a try... i did find out about patterns and how to use them but still... i don't have enough patterns to do what's needed for the page above... Perhaps if u gave the patterns it would be easier... i downloaded the pattern-static.zip, dotsandscreens2.zip, gris.pat, but i guess it's really difficult to choose one.

The worst is that i don't know how to change the patterns grey tone to match the one i want (with brightness contrast?)

I would be glad if u gave some more info..

ur hints are definetelly usefull ... but this is really difficult for me.. keep on ur great job thnx

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member silveril's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

well actually, when you have multiple types of gray, but only one pattern, technically you *could* get any tone you want
    just create a layer above the gray pattern layer, pres CRTL + G, buy doing in so, your new layer is lock on the layer below (in this example that shall be the gray layer) and you can only draw on places that have been drawn on the gray layer (dont know if i made myself clear here, but if you try you should be able to figure that out)
    now fill that new layer with black; you'll notice that only the parts that were gray patterned (yey a new word x) are gonna be filled with black
    Then play with the opacity of your black layer until you get the tone that you want!.. Keep that black layer (dont merge it) in case you wanna get that tone again for other places (caus then you'll know what opacity you have to put in order to get that exact same tone) ^^
    You can also do the same with a white layer (the pattern will be lighter than the original.. whereas with black the pattern will be darker )

please visit ma dA : http://silveril.deviantart.com/ m(_ _)m

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner algojyo's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

waaa.....so this is it all about

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner rasenshuriken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wow the finished page looks great

Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member spades's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

did the page expire?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner jakelong00's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cleaning Challenge #02 - The Lesson

i know i am more than 4 years late but i recently started to take interest in cleaning manga and would definitely like to know how to take something from that raw to the finished image

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2