Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2) , Gintama 511 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Which are your favorite Claymores (you can vote for more than just 1)

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Teresa

32 54.24%
  • Priscilla

10 16.95%
  • Irene

11 18.64%
  • Clare

24 40.68%
  • Miria

22 37.29%
  • Deneve

10 16.95%
  • Helen

15 25.42%
  • Yuma

9 15.25%
  • Cynthia

11 18.64%
  • Tabatha

8 13.56%
  • Galatea

24 40.68%
  • Clarice

7 11.86%
  • Miata

11 18.64%
  • Dietrich

11 18.64%
  • Anastasia

9 15.25%
  • Renee

2 3.39%
  • Nina

2 3.39%
  • Flora

5 8.47%
  • Jean

9 15.25%
  • Undine

2 3.39%
  • Rafaela

9 15.25%
  • Alicia/Beth

9 15.25%
  • Sophia

3 5.08%
  • Raftela

3 5.08%
  • Audrey

4 6.78%
  • Rachel

2 3.39%
  • Ophelia

10 16.95%
  • Elena/Veronica/Nike/Phina/Keira/Katea/Raquel/Eva/Hilda

3 5.08%
  • Rosemary

3 5.08%
  • Noel

3 5.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Claymore character??

MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favourite Claymore character??

Teresa + Miria hands down
    I like Clare too but I always prefer secondary characters over the main one ^^

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member metalia's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey it lacks Riful

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this is a Claymore only poll, Riful was "currently" an AO (now she's dead, lol), and we don't know for sure if she was ever a Claymore or not... unfortunately, sighs, and even if she was a Claymore in the past, we would know nothing about her as a Claymore, anyways. Same for Isley, Rigardo, Dauf, Agatha, and any other characters shown only as Awakeneds within the manga thus far.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; October 03, 2011 at 10:06 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ravenstar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm.. the only thing I know about Riful's Claymore past is that Riful was the youngest Claymore ever to ascend to Rank 1 according Dae in Claymore Chapter 110
    *This could mean that she was a particularly powerful Claymore during her time.. and maybe why we see Riful as a young girl.. I assume her body was still that of a young girl like Miata when she awakened..

My older Claymore favorites are Galatea & Flora

I hope we see what Riful & Isley were like when they were Claymores coz they're my favorites too..

My recent favorites are Anastasia & Roxanne

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member serpico's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Well for myself i would pick teresa she's my favorite character by far she only appear on a couple of charters but she won my heart from the very first charter
    I just love everything about her. Second would be( Elena or Irene) she's awesome too
    And last one would be Priscilla i love her condescending actitu.

So my first one would be teresa teresa teresa teresa teresa teresa teresa teresa teresa forever and ever.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Just tink how many more fans would get teresa if she get to appear on more charters or special charters
    Woooooooooohooooooooooooo i just love her.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsmile View Post
    The introduction to Teresa of the Faint Smile does not paint her in a very amicable way. In fact, I recall when I first saw the anime. I thought the she was a cold hearted individual who needed fall on her Claymore. As the arc developed, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the character and what she had gone through. Although, it does appear to be a common event among the warriors.

It wasn't until she killed all the bandits that I started to like Teresa of the Faint Smile. She showed something unexpected. Not only did she display affection and warmth, this calculated individual lost all sense of restraint and let her emotions overwhelm her.

Don't ask me to watch the end of Awakening from the anime. I still can't watch that scene again. The dreadful image will forever been imprinted in my head.

ws

P.S. HK you commented on something very true. Teresa has such a mocking witt, that reminds me of Galatea. Those two would have gotten along splendidly.
    Get in along like this
    aaaaaáaaaaáaaágh i can not upload the image.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsmile View Post
    The introduction to Teresa of the Faint Smile does not paint her in a very amicable way. In fact, I recall when I first saw the anime. I thought the she was a cold hearted individual who needed fall on her Claymore. As the arc developed, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the character and what she had gone through. Although, it does appear to be a common event among the warriors.

It wasn't until she killed all the bandits that I started to like Teresa of the Faint Smile. She showed something unexpected. Not only did she display affection and warmth, this calculated individual lost all sense of restraint and let her emotions overwhelm her.

Don't ask me to watch the end of Awakening from the anime. I still can't watch that scene again. The dreadful image will forever been imprinted in my head.

ws

P.S. HK you commented on something very true. Teresa has such a mocking witt, that reminds me of Galatea. Those two would have gotten along splendidly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO PHOENIX View Post
    1) Galatea - Because she's perfect, isn't that reason enough?

2) The Black Ones (tie) - Everything is better with twins. Everything.

3) Flora - The pretty ones always die first I know. Still, she was soft spoken, humble, authoritative and beautiful. Rigardo got what he deserved.

4) Priscilla - So she's a little insane in the membrane, Priscilla-IS-HOT!

5) Ophelia - So she's a little insane in the membrane, Ophelia-IS-HOT! (When she lets her hair down).

6) Teresa - I only put Teresa here because she already gets plenty of exposure as it is with regards to these topics.
    It was more perfect the turtle awake being from pieta that Galatea even her manipulation technique is poor compare to the turtle awake being from pieta.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Clare is my first choice. She's the one who really got me into the Claymore universe. I was sad to see her character removed but I'm hopeful she'll be able to come back and resolve her plot line.

My second choice is Helen, mostly because she would make an awesome friend. And her attitude is a perfect balance against all the relative emotionless nature of the others. I love the fact she lets herself get drunk and enjoys eating.

My other choice is Sophia. We don't get to see much of her sadly but her cool sarcasm is outstanding. The first scene with she and Noel really steal the spotlight and is probably one of my top 5 Claymore Moments.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, Galatea doesn't have 101% of the votes? Now that's a surprise!

My choices were:

Tabitha, because she - even though she has yet to grow a personality - punched Deneve. And I am so looking forward to her doing that to Miria. And dare you Yagi to forget about that

Miata, because she is protecting our cute Colorhead and because she can rip Yoma apart with bare hands. Splatter, I like it

Clarice, because she is a cute Colorhead

Ophelia, because she simply is sick. I like sick people, they are like me

If there were a dislike button I'd most likely pick Galatea, because she has way too many fanboys (I really don't get what is so great about her), Clare, because she is an ant that desperately tries to kill, well, god, basically, and Priscilla, because she is an omnipotent, totally overpowered bitch (well, it's not her fault, but what happened, happend)
    Interested in Roleplay?
    Whether you only want to spectate or to participate, come and join us:
    Klick me!

Quote Originally Posted by General Nele Rea Sanka
    People might forget you. People might forget what you did. But what you did will always be there.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner OpheliasRazor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Destroyer ,Galatea and last but not least ; Ophelia. Out of those 3, It would be Ophelia.

The Destroyer - Capable of containing / stopping Priscilla ; Strongest awakened being without a doubt. Anything that can hault Priscillas movements entirely is by far ; either THE strongest or in the top 5.
    Galatea - She's a smooth operator, and with the innocence she has, along with a powerful strike and the ability to manipulate others, ontop of having the quickest power-up / quickest youki release from 0% Youki usage to 79% (or is the limit 69?%, I'd have to go check) youki usage, she's a very well balanced and strong defensive fighter, on top of being gorgeous.
    Ophelia - because she's a sadistic bi*ch, however ...... she also has a heart of gold, and has an absolutely fascinating special attack called Rippling blade ; blew my mind the first time I saw it. Although mainly because, when I saw her, with her tits pressed against clares stomach while holding onto clare for dear life ; before that scene in the anime, I sincerely thought having Waifu's was for losers until I saw that. lol

~Opra
    Last edited by OpheliasRazor; October 31, 2012 at 03:29 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member serpico's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Well yuo know the awake being from pieta was clearly stronger and with a better technique than Galatea and that technique only work on weak opponents or by surprise but only one clearly not work on Priscilla who is stronger than one abisal transformed and her an her human form and Ofelia clearly trash not even whorled as killing bugs

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner OpheliasRazor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    Well yuo know the awake being from pieta was clearly stronger and with a better technique than Galatea and that technique only work on weak opponents or by surprise but only one clearly not work on Priscilla who is stronger than one abisal transformed and her an her human form and Ofelia clearly trash not even whorled as killing bugs
    I really cannot understand your bad typing, Im not trying to flame, I'm just suggesting if you respond to something I say, try to at least consider your typing because I genuinely cannot understand your sentence structure. I am not joking in the least bro.

- Galatea never fought in pieta so you don't know if it's stronger, also it was an awakened being, not a claymore, yoki release techniques when compared to claymores from an awakened beings standpoint are a farcry from their true potential, but that's exactly why galatea was ranked at 3, BECAUSE of the ability to manipulate a moderate amount of an opponents movement. If she's capable of moving daufs entire arm, considering how strong dauf is on average, i'd say that's quite a manipulation effect, also consider the fact that the awakened being in pieta was always standing still, compared to galatea who was always on the move, using yoki manipulation while standing still equates to being able to meditate and focus on a target, so if you're moving, you lose concentration and thus lose potential power. Simple shit.
    - Ophelia easily killed clare. The fact that ilena intervened was the deciding factor in what saved clares life my friend, Ophelia also destroyed the awakened being that twisted her neck in 3 seconds. Which by all accounts was a previous Rank 2, an accomplishment not even the entire team consisting of helen, deneve, clare, and miria could brag about. So..Who's trash?
    Last edited by OpheliasRazor; October 31, 2012 at 03:48 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

My list which barely was there in the poll:
    1- Teresa.. Best character ever: Powerful, passionate, smart.. Simply, she has the entire package.

2- Riful, the Empress Riful of the west.. What can I say about her? She is smart, childish, sly, Clod but deep warmer than we think, got a twist in character with the best AB form (simple and effective) so why not to love her??

3- Miria, the ultimate strategist with the greatest luck! Yes she is smart, but she is also a carebear loving everyone she cares about and willing to sacrifice herself for that with a beautiful hair style and always choosing the right words (sometimes silence is the same so when she didn't tell everyone about Yomas' truth she dd the wise thing).

4- Roxanne, pure evil.. Simply, I loved her because her personality is sick and she acts not only with slyness but yet she is kind of smart as she can analyze the situation at hand quickly.

5- Clare, the prodigy of Claymore.. Quite but yet a storm of words can be read just from her stand and the way she tries to hold everything on her shoulders just like Miria is something that I love and respect.

If I get to choose a 6th one that would be Renee, but still I haven't seen enough of her so I'm not voting.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

in order. ophelia, though evil and twisted some how allured me in the end, so she's number one for me.
    clare- i like quiet strong women
    miria- logical, strong but soft too
    irene- kinda like a combo of clare and miria but with a type of regal elegance
    helen- throws you off at first with a valley girl type attitude but nicely loyal and kinda fun
    elena seemed very sweet
    flora is attractive and sweet
    galatea is just beautiful and has a charming type of arrogance
    and same with anastasia.
    i think that's it for me.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TStew's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A little late here, but better late than never!

Its hard to pick just one favorite, so many different aspects of various Claymores I like.

But of my favorites:

Clare Well I hate to pick the obvious ones but I feel like I can relate to Clare. So calm and somewhat cold on the outside, but full of emotion, ambition, purpose, on the inside. The underdog, starting out getting laughed at by her comrades, yet rising to greatness. I also feel I'm a sort of underdog in many ways. Stubborn, and sometimes needs to stop dwelling on one thing and open up. Yep I'm a little too. She always seems to carry a great burden. Her life has been a great struggle. I feel for her.

Miria A cunning leader and strategist. She has my respect. The battle of the north would have been the end of the series if it wasn't for her. She was also one of the few who sensed Clare's potential when first met. Probably my favorite in terms of beauty (but thats very close). And probably my favorite special abilities.

Jean Back after I had only watched the anime, Jean was my favorite for a while. Maybe since she was the only one to really befriend Clare (besides Elena, which we didn't really get to see much of, so sad). Her awakened form was beautiful, for a monster anyhow, like a butterfly. She had such strength of mind, though cold on the outside like most Claymores. So devoted to Clare afterward, and well making the ultimate sacrifice for her (Irene did that sort of too, in a different way).

Deneve And lastly we have her. In the anime, I kind of hated her. I hate short boyish hair on women. She also seemed to serve no purpose but to keep getting beat up. And though quite useful, healing just isn't as cool of a special ability. She pretty much missed out on the first battle we see her in, and she has a habit of loosing her arm a couple times. But she can take a serious beating and keep on going. Finally, in the end, she had a significant role with Undine, and that brought out her character a bit. I grew to respect her in the manga since like Clare, she was sort of an underdog, not all that great before but growing very strong now, as well as cunning and growing leadership abilities, much like Miria. If I were to become a Claymore, I'd either be most similar to Clare or Deneve I think (not by choice I mean who I am naturally most similar to now I think).
    T~Stew

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Project Spirit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that it is hard to pick favorites.

I'd say my current favorites are Priscilla and Cassandra, with Clare and Roxanne(possibly) having potential to sneak up the ladder.

Former favorites were Teresa and Rafaela. I'm also liked Alicia, Galatea, and Cynthia, but not quite on par with them.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite Claymore is Galatea.
    My favorite duo is Miata & Clarisse.
    My favorite Human is Louvre.
    Well with abyssals i don't know really Isley and rifull got their own charisma.

What i like with Nagi's heroes is they got something special which not usualy fit at heroes

In claymore:
    Clare is damn weak, seems she can't control herself even in fight she can't manage. She's got unstable potential, end power thas she vamped it's usualy the worst evil ennemy skill.

In angel Densetsu :
    Kitano just look so evil... but it's really the most peacefull guy in the world !

New Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast