Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Which are your favorite Claymores (you can vote for more than just 1)

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Teresa

32 54.24%
  • Priscilla

10 16.95%
  • Irene

11 18.64%
  • Clare

24 40.68%
  • Miria

22 37.29%
  • Deneve

10 16.95%
  • Helen

15 25.42%
  • Yuma

9 15.25%
  • Cynthia

11 18.64%
  • Tabatha

8 13.56%
  • Galatea

24 40.68%
  • Clarice

7 11.86%
  • Miata

11 18.64%
  • Dietrich

11 18.64%
  • Anastasia

9 15.25%
  • Renee

2 3.39%
  • Nina

2 3.39%
  • Flora

5 8.47%
  • Jean

9 15.25%
  • Undine

2 3.39%
  • Rafaela

9 15.25%
  • Alicia/Beth

9 15.25%
  • Sophia

3 5.08%
  • Raftela

3 5.08%
  • Audrey

4 6.78%
  • Rachel

2 3.39%
  • Ophelia

10 16.95%
  • Elena/Veronica/Nike/Phina/Keira/Katea/Raquel/Eva/Hilda

3 5.08%
  • Rosemary

3 5.08%
  • Noel

3 5.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Favourite Claymore character??

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner OpheliasRazor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favourite Claymore character??

Lmfao @ undine having ZERO votes. I suppose that should be expected , after all, she's only one of the most butch and egotistical female characters in the series, why wouldn't she be hated by a bunch of virgin losers who can't handle confident women because they know they'd never get laid by any woman unless she's a submissive whore.
    Men are usually turned off by confidence, especially when it's from a woman. We have to deal with our own egos as it is, so having that egotistical bullshit from a woman, especially a butch ass woman like undine, unsurprisingly yielded the results I nearly expected. Zero Votes for undine
    Remember, Vengeance is best served cold, no matter how bittersweet it becomes

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member TStew's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OpheliasRazor View Post
    Lmfao @ undine having ZERO votes. I suppose that should be expected , after all, she's only one of the most butch and egotistical female characters in the series, why wouldn't she be hated by a bunch of virgin losers who can't handle confident women because they know they'd never get laid by any woman unless she's a submissive whore.
    Men are usually turned off by confidence, especially when it's from a woman. We have to deal with our own egos as it is, so having that egotistical bullshit from a woman, especially a butch ass woman like undine, unsurprisingly yielded the results I nearly expected. Zero Votes for undine
    Wow, not sure about most of that, infact I'd say I disagree with most of it. I don't think its much to do with confidence, I mean plenty of other popular Claymores are plenty confident, even more so than Undine since her confidence is pretty much a facade anyhow. She had a pretty small role, and was pretty abrasive personality for most of it. Add to the manly voice and body builder body, no wonder she isnt much liked. I'd like to say that I admire a confident gal, and even a tough, strong woman that works out, but not one that would compete at the Arnold Classic.

And it doesnt mean she is hated either, just not in anyones top selection.

You also could have made your point without assuming (incorrectly) and stating that we are all a bunch of virgin losers.
    Last edited by TStew; November 09, 2013 at 10:57 AM.
    T~Stew

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member metalia's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OpheliasRazor View Post
    Also you are missing the fact that Teresa is much more condifent, less-submissive, stronger woman than Undine, and Teresa is the TOP 1 of this pool

And it's not like Helen is very femenine, and she's within TOP 5.

I feel your whole theory is wrong...
    Last edited by metalia; November 13, 2013 at 08:50 AM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted for quite a few xD

Irene: She's a badass and I love her technique. And the fact she gave up her only arm for Clare was pretty awesome.

Yuma and Cynthia: I love these two Their personalities are probably my favorite kind in the characters of series I watch/read

Galatea: She's a sassy nun! What's not to like ? I loved her from the moment she was introduced ^^

Undine: Really like her I was pretty sad when she died. She came off as a bitch at first but once we found out it was just an act I liked her instantly! (not that I didn't like her when she was a bitch haha)

Rafaela: I am drawn to tragic backstory characters. That and the fact she's an assassin of sorts makes her a total badass! (really liked Luciela too)

Alicia/Beth: Loved their Awakened forms. Though only wished they were in the series longer. Was pretty gutted when they died.

Audrey: I like her for some reason. Again not another character with a lot of "screen time" but she pretty cool, in my opinion at least.

Ophelia: A sadistic monster with a pretty awful past ? YES! I really loved her character and her death was so sad, she redeemed herself! TnT

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been lurking as a ninja around these forums for quite a while now.
    Finally decided to make an account, reason for that being is the fact that I cannot believe that Priscilla has 7 total votes including mine.

Well Here are my 4 votes:

Priscilla- Reason why Priscilla is my favourite character in the series, has to do something with how individuals function and develop within a society. Author hides great deal of psychological and epic literary works within the very few yet very precious dialogues that Priscilla provides.
    Priscilla represents something raw and pure, a being that is "next level" so to speak, in comparison to those around her. I remember the first scene where I truly began to appreciate this enigmatic character was in the "War in Pieta" saga\chapter 11 I believe. She left with out warning in the middle of snowstorm, Raki instructed by Isley went out to look for her. Soon after leaving Raki discovers Priscilla on top of a cliff standing completely naked(this is very important symbolism that she is standing in her pure\untainted form), watching out into the distance crying. She vaguely says "One by one.. they all have been extinguished..." " Only Two remain, shining much brighter than the others" "Yet they are such ephemeral lights", pause , "And now all of the lights are gone"(tear flows down her face).
    What this scene did was show a true raw human emotion that is not corrupted by society , culture,religion, ideology. The relevance of this is, that Priscilla isn't evil or good. She is simply a life form far above everyone else. Her world view isn't tainted or clouded by someone elses interpretation of right or wrong, she resemble life it self in its most pure form. If shes hungry she will eat her prey, if shes sad she will cry. She doesn't try to disguise her self as something she is not, so to speak she wears no mask of deception and lies that us humans will wear for various reasons such as to defend our personal interests or to defend a blind ideology we follow. On top of that being "next level", you are automatically isolated from everyone else(all alone on top of the mountain), which further contributes to her not being tainted and pure. Piece of dried sharp clay will not scratch a diamond, no matter how many sharp pieces of dried clay are laying around the diamond.

And its always the imagery that follows Priscilla's character. Her eyes will always be nearly shut, looking down signifying that she is barely in touch with the outside world, that there's nothing of interest or anything of desire around her.

Clarice\Miata- The weakest warrior, whom at first seemed rather insignificant. A weakest warrior who was paired up with a potential future candidate for number 1, Miata of the faint smile. (every time I see miata, I can't help but think of Terresa, further chapters will reveal if there are any connection between the 2)
    Clarice was the weakest of all warriors, she wasn't particularly memorable or interesting. She was simply a medium that allowed us an introduction to Miata . But before Clarice died, she revealed a little bit about her self and the type of life she lived. She said something along the lines , " I was never anything special, my whole family died(or got ate by yoma), I was living in a pile of rubble, making bed on a pile of rocks, and scavenging for food with a group of rats , and I WAS TO WEAK to bring my self out of these circumstances." "So when my village got destroyed by a group of yoma i felt no particular sadness or regret" "Then organizations men came and took me." " I thought that finally I'll be able to become something , and be able to leave my circumstances behind" "So when I became a warrior with colored hair, I felt really special, but then I learned what the word colored head meant..." Clarice's life was empty, with out meaning, not something most of us can relate too. Although such story is not uncommon among claymores, Clarice never could fit in, neither with the villagers, neither among Claymores. She was aways referred to as dead weight\loser. She was trully all alone in this world. So finally after she became friends with Miata. Finally when she found a single friend in this world, before she died, Clarice erased all of Miatas memories of her self .This was done for Miatas and everyone elses sake and died forgotten by the only friend she ever had in her life. I cried no lie.

And miata- She has the foundation to develop into an excellent character, but yet to do so.

Teresa - Self Explanatory. Clever,strong. I won't go into detail why I liker her, and what I yet expect to see from the manga that involves her, since she was most favoured and most talked about here on this poll. So I would only be repeating.

Wrote this on my phone, so it was very short.
    Last edited by Sw0rdm3n; December 10, 2013 at 10:09 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I got too many characters and I don't feel like writing a paragraph on each so it just an idea of why I like them. There are also ABs on the list since they were former Claymores.

Ophelia: She was my first favorite in the series. She was so crazy and awesome and I love her for it.

Dietrich: An intriguing character who I just liked right away like Ophelia. She's just awesome.

Rafaela: Rank 5, that's strong as Rank 1. Doesn't even use her yoki half the time and is still that strong. Awesome.

Audrey: Took a moment for her to grow on me, but I like what she brings to the table.

Beth: I don't know, but I just like all Number 2 Ranked characters and she is no exception.

Jean: Strong will is inspiring. Put Clare on the right track.

Teresa: She's just super.

Priscilla: See Teresa.

Cassandra: Same with Ophelia and Deitrich, I automatically liked her when we just knew her name and epithet as they listed the Number 1 bodies they had.

Agatha: She's a Rank 2 so I like her.

Europa: She's so damn lazy and I like characters like that.

Isley: A great character who was just too awesome to live. I was a bit sad when he died. Dude just wanted to spend time with his family and protected them by driving them off.

Rigardo: The one who started my Rank 2 craze. His skills and form were ferocious and he pretty much had the entire mission in the bad until Clare screwed it up.

Chronos: I don't know really, he's just so suave and calm.

That super armor AB who died against Priscilla but didn't have a name: She looked awesome.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Irene's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

I like myself, but I also like Galatea.
    Galarene <3

New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8