Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: New Bleach Fillers Killing the Story?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

73 59.84%
  • No

49 40.16%
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach Fillers Killing the Story?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Supergoofy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Bleach Fillers Killing the Story?

These fillers are messed up anyway, although the fightings were not that bad at all. I really liked Chad's and Rukia's fight.
    But at least come with something that can be enjoyed, because this story and it's enemy's just dont make any sense to me. (including in terms of power)
    They should just do a "what-if" scenario were Ichigo could not stop his Hollow from taking over and let him rampage the complete earth to a point were even Aizen is not considerd a threat. I miss that crazy laugh

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member lazyboyrod's Avatar
    Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

These fillers are killing me, I guess they thought they were too close to the manga or something, whatever the reason I hope they hurry up and get it over with.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw the first two episodes and gagged on the utter absurdness of this new "arc", if it can even be called that. The Bount Arc was respectible- ESPECIALLY in the fact that it didn't cut through SS, and instead happened afterwards. Instead of creating a decent story that doesn't screw with canon, they take the first episode of the new filler and not only disorient us as to when and how it's taking place, but punch canon right in the nuts.

Doesn't mess with the manga at all, thankfully, but certainly screws with the anime. Unless of course the filler characters meet very [un]timely deaths.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wrstljr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Bounto arc was among the best filler arcs I have ever witnessed. Great fights and villian...everything worked out somehow.

I dont see that happening with the current fillers though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member neomaster121's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

these fillers are not as bad as everyone makes out
    if you watched the seasons of fillers naruto left behind after part 1 then you wouldn't complain much about the bleach fillers arcs.
    They are structured and are meant to lead somewhere

don't forget people they did say at the begining of the arc. THis is something completely different to the current story so i guess they will end it with them starting the story again

Be The Flame
    Not The Moth

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Fillers are lame no matter how short or long they are..I realized this when I watched every single filler episode or "NARUTO" I didn't know any better I thought they would be over soon enough but they kept going and going and going and...are they over yet?! (JK) But seriously I am not watching the Naruto or Bleach fillers because all it will do is turn me away from the series as a whole. I mean I will probably check them out if I was on like house arrest or something but I don't know. When will the fillers be over anyways after summer?!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How the heck can the fillers ruin the story, when they have NOTHING to do with the original Bleach storyline?

That's like saying the Dragonball Z movies, messed up the flow of the series, it makes no sense.

These fillers are completely separate from the series, similar to the Bleach movies. They have NOTHING to do with the canon series, so they can't ruin it.

It was stated in the first episode that these fillers aren't a part of the original series, so for those too ignorant to understand that, I'm sorry for you.

EDIT:
    What's with people watching the first few episodes of this filler arc. and saying it sucks, yet saying the Bount Arc was good?
    The first 5-8 episodes of the Bount arc sucked. They played a stupid little game with Urahara's little toys, and then it took over 4 episodes to build into the story, THEN they had a bunch of useless encounters and fights in Karakura Town before actually entering Soul Society, and starting the good parts of the series.
    Last edited by Flight-47; July 10, 2008 at 02:48 AM.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Because the Bount Arc was still better at that point (though not by much).

People wouldn't be so dismissive about this arc if it wasn't worse.
    Last edited by gigantor21; July 10, 2008 at 06:32 AM.

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flight-47 View Post
    How the heck can the fillers ruin the story, when they have NOTHING to do with the original Bleach storyline?

That's like saying the Dragonball Z movies, messed up the flow of the series, it makes no sense.

These fillers are completely separate from the series, similar to the Bleach movies. They have NOTHING to do with the canon series, so they can't ruin it.

It was stated in the first episode that these fillers aren't a part of the original series, so for those too ignorant to understand that, I'm sorry for you.

EDIT:
    What's with people watching the first few episodes of this filler arc. and saying it sucks, yet saying the Bount Arc was good?
    The first 5-8 episodes of the Bount arc sucked. They played a stupid little game with Urahara's little toys, and then it took over 4 episodes to build into the story, THEN they had a bunch of useless encounters and fights in Karakura Town before actually entering Soul Society, and starting the good parts of the series.
    first of all, welcome to MH and thanks for the post

To answer your question, unfortunately bashing the fillers is just another way of spam...it's an opinion the first time but by God when it's done week after week with almost the same expressions" sucks, crap,...etc" by the same posters then it's plain spam.
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Silhouette. I appreciate the warm welcome ^_^

As for the fillers themselves, I did notice that people just constantly continue to bash them, despite them only seeing the first few episodes, which IMO were crappy for sure. They weren't as bad as the Bount arc. beginning IMO, but it was pretty lame. Episode 176-177 is what drew my attention to these fillers finally. I was hoping I'd get to see a chance to see Chad in a fair fight for once, instead of either easily defeating his enemy, or getting completely owned by the enemy.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner xZerapHx's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

episode 182-183 are the far best filler episodes i've seen in bleach (or narutos MAIN story anime for that matter) the vice captains arguing & ichigo vs. the imaginary captain's fights were pretty good

Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

At least they integrated the Bounto Arc into the story, this is just like... well, let's stop the current canon stuff in HM to go to a meaningless conflict in the SS.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member 3shinkyo3's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind these fillers. It makes sense that SS would want to fill in their captain posts, so even if they he was then incorporated into later arcs it wouldn't bother me as it seems plausible. The captain would make a much better addition than those dolls from bounto arc which still appear like they did to help renji fight that bull guy thereby changing what was shown in the manga.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner xZerapHx's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

but will the captain exist in the canon series or will he just die some pointles death along with kifune (kifune's dead for sure)

still.... i would like to see a new captain in the main story too (but NOT ikkaku i've had enough of him by now)

Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.....

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xZerapHx View Post
    but will the captain exist in the canon series or will he just die some pointles death along with kifune (kifune's dead for sure)

still.... i would like to see a new captain in the main story too (but NOT ikkaku i've had enough of him by now)
    Judging from recent episodes, it looks the Captain won't die off but moreso be kicked off. He committed a serious crime by assisting Ichigo, the offender.

The 3rd seat of the 3rd division will be killed off by Kira or caught by Kira resulting in Jail or going back to the patrol group with Amagai.

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast