Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)

View Poll Results: New Bleach Fillers Killing the Story?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

73 59.84%
  • No

49 40.16%
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Fillers Killing the Story?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Starky-08's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Bleach Fillers Killing the Story?

I personally like the fillers, I didn't really like the beginning, but once Ichigo went to SS I liked it, but they are making some characters look weak, like Soifon and Uryu.

Click Image to Join
    I'm in need of members! and Mods!

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bohemia22's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

These fillers suck, unlike the bounto arc which was even good, for a filler. Though the plot got up some twists in the last episodes, as I read, it's still awful. Hope they will do an ultra job on the main plot to make me watch bleach again :O.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tias's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's lovely how the old gramps dosnt say anyhting to ichigo when he pulls out his hollow mask but that in the past that the central 46 or whatever they are called wanted the victims of aizen (the ones who were used for ''hollowfication'' to be executed....And dont say the old gramsps dosnt have any word he can say, imo this filler is the worst BS ever

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AkatsukiNoTobi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yamamoto should be strong enough without his Shikai activated to be able to fight Amagai without problem. I mean, being the Captain over the Captains, you'd think he'd be stronger than everyone else at a "base level."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AkatsukiNoTobi View Post
    Yamamoto should be strong enough without his Shikai activated to be able to fight Amagai without problem. I mean, being the Captain over the Captains, you'd think he'd be stronger than everyone else at a "base level."
    To be fair, Yamamoto didn't seem fazed at any point during the fight. Even when Amagai pulled out his Limit Break on Ichigo and everyone was all, "ohshitohshit" he just stood there acting all, "Mmkay. Bored now."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jocouslie's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

guys are there any news on what's coming after this arc? definitely the current arc will be ending come next episode(most probably). i like to see the anime people do the vizard arc first before continuing to the present story.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jocouslie View Post
    guys are there any news on what's coming after this arc? definitely the current arc will be ending come next episode(most probably). i like to see the anime people do the vizard arc first before continuing to the present story.
    I think it is most likely to return to where the anime left off in the actual plot, with which I would agree. The vizard gaiden is a nice buffer between the the HM arc and the beginning of the present arc. I think it would be a bad move to just transition from HM to the present arc. Plus, having the gaiden in between allows for more filler potential, because we know that we will be getting more filler to extend the gap from the present of the manga.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Urtear's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the fillers kill the story
    becuase at the end of the fillers
    the plot remains unchanged

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AkatsukiNoTobi View Post
    What people fail to see is that his Shinigami POWERS were sealed. Not just his Shikai. Without Shinigami powers he was unable to use his Shikai, thats all.

Ichigo was able to use his powers, because of the help from his Inner Hollow.

Personally, I thought that compared to the Bount arc. these filler episodes were great. Very well done, nice development on both Amagai, and Kifune. Kira fighting was nice to see. We got to see some Vice Captains battle shortly. Kenpachi disown a ninja in a second... (Take that Naruto!), and we got to see Genryuusai's kick ass release in animation one more time!

Hitsugaya's short battle VS Amagai was eh.
    The plot of the episode was very well organized to fit one season, and for the most part it didn't drag on and on.

Uryuu, and Chad's fight was awesome IMO.
    But the only thing that bothered me was the annoying little Princess... and the never ending, OMFG a girl was kidnapped, Ichigo help!
    It happened during the SS arc. It happeneds during the Hueco Mundo arc.
    It happened in the first Movie.
    And now in a filler series? *sigh*

Anyways, with the fillers over, and obviously and the story continuing unharmed, all those who voted 'yes' to this poll can feel like a bunch of idiots for not comprehending that these fillers had no tie to the original story what so ever

We'll be seeing another filler arc. just like this one after this current season most likely, because once again the manga isn't too far off from the series.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I think that Bleach's fillers arent' that bad.
    The stories are kinda good and it's nice to see other people, etc.

My favorite was the one Toshirou helped Karin with his soccer team.
    I'm all for the Toshirou-Karin pairings (even if there's nothing in the manga that is pushing towards that)

But, I agree that putting 2 sets of 2 fillers episode between Canon episode is really stupid. They should have just go on with the Pendelum arc and go back to the Fake Karakura Town arc without putting fillers...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheHomeMade Nindo View Post
    Well, I think that Bleach's fillers arent' that bad.
    The stories are kinda good and it's nice to see other people, etc.

My favorite was the one Toshirou helped Karin with his soccer team.
    I'm all for the Toshirou-Karin pairings (even if there's nothing in the manga that is pushing towards that)

But, I agree that putting 2 sets of 2 fillers episode between Canon episode is really stupid. They should have just go on with the Pendelum arc and go back to the Fake Karakura Town arc without putting fillers...
    Well they can not due that because of how close they're catching up with the manga. I said this before but, I put the blame on the director. He should of put a filler arc such as the Bount or some other stroy prior to the Hueco Mundo invasion.

I don't have a problems with fillers in general on any anime. I liked the soccer match episode as well.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie-Kun View Post
    Well they can not due that because of how close they're catching up with the manga. I said this before but, I put the blame on the director. He should of put a filler arc such as the Bount or some other stroy prior to the Hueco Mundo invasion.

I don't have a problems with fillers in general on any anime. I liked the soccer match episode as well.

Nope, not true at all.
    In fact, the next season episodes have been announced, and guess what?!

2009-04-14
    Defend Karakura Town! Entire Appearance of the Shinigami
    空座町を護れ!死神総登場
    Karakura-cho o mamore! Shinigami sou toujou
    2009-04-21
    Elite! The Four Shinigami
    精鋭!四人の死神
    Seiei! Yon nin no shinigami
    2009-04-28
    Beautiful Warrior Charlotte
    美しき戦士シャルロッテ
    Utsukushiki senshi Sharurotte

Boo yeah!!
    I'm happy. I'm assuming they'll end the season with the revealing of the Espada numbers, before Ichigo VS Ulquiorra.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting the titles mate, I recall reading the next episode titles somewhere.
    I check out a couple forums and I belive someone mentioned those episodes titles elsewhere but can't recall.

Looks like they are doing one or two in between fillers currently. The most recent was the new captain Amagi one, prior to switching back.

Since they're close to the manga, they should have had an arc prior to the Hueco Mundo invasion in my opinion. Then we would not have these constant in story semi originals that are out of place. The director is at fault for not managing properly here. Instead of asking when the anime originals are coming, due to poor management, the question has evolved into where? Better yet, where in between the main plot are they going to stick them in...

I'm also wondering how far they're willing to push the envelope with these episodes.

Since I do not mind anime original arcs or these break episodes, I really don't have an issue with them per-se.
    Last edited by Charlie; April 01, 2009 at 10:20 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually the current running fillers was Kubo Tite's idea. He's made this exact mini-story in Bleach video games, and in his mini-comics, and wanted to bring it to life in the anime. Given that it is a bit different... (my guess is anime studio messed with it a bit).

It was the same with the Forest of Menos arc. but that was all Kubo's project, just like the recent third movie. He seems to be scolding the anime production a lot =P
    But it's finally time an author of a manga got involved with their anime.

In any case, I don't mind the Amagai type fillers.
    They have NOTHING to do with the story, thus it wouldn't ruin it.
    I was hoping they'd do that again, because it'd be like we have two Bleach anime. Canon, and filler. =D

As decent as the Bount arc. was, it took place during the original storyline, which made for annoying fillers during canon material. We'll never see Amagai or any of those others in canon episodes... why? Because the arc. was it's own separate story. But we still see those annoying 3 mod souls in the Arrancar arc. thanks to the Bount fillers...

I don't mind the mini-series they've been doing. The soccer one was a bit, blah, but I'm enjoying this one so far. As for the current situation...

They're continuing into the Fake Karakura Town arc.
    As awesome as that is, it's a bad idea!

Simply because once they get REALLY close to the manga, we're either going to have some long ass fillers (like Naruto did), or even worse, the anime will drift away from the manga completely like FMA did.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Compared to the Naruto and One Piece fillers, the Bleach fillers are actually great to watch.
    The Karakurizer arc included some of the better filler episodes of the series, if one counts the arc as filler.

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast