Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shodai Kitetsu FOUND!

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZeroChrome's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shodai Kitetsu FOUND!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorata View Post
    One thing is for sure, even if Zoro replaces one of his sword, it won´t be for a sword stronger than the Wadō Ichimonji, even if he gets the Nidai Kitetsu to substitute the Sandai Kitetsu it´s ok, but he won´t get a sword stronger than the one from Kuina (Wadō Ichimonji), it just wouldn´t feel right imo.
    I doubt Zoro even knows which sword is which and which is higher ranked, unless there's Tashigi next to him

Quote Originally Posted by Sorata View Post
    And on top of that, Kuina´s sword already survived one attack from Mihawks sword, wich seems to be the strongest sword in the world.
    concerning this, he held the Wado in his mouth. so the sword probably received the least damage compared to the other two and probably the reason why it didn't shattered.

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

@zerochrome: I think he knows, he's not as absent minded as luffy is...I remember during the SHs fight with Oz he was talking about the properties of a dark blade...

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/473/09/

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member hot_chips's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    @zerochrome: I think he knows, he's not as absent minded as luffy is...I remember during the SHs fight with Oz he was talking about the properties of a dark blade...

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/473/09/
    I think Zoro only knows famous swordsmen and their blades but not like a random swordsmen like Tashigi and her blades name.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well since no one else has talked for a while i think that zoro's current position would be the best place to find one of the other kitetsu's but that's just a guess cause all his swords are important to him and he won't to discard just for a better one unless something happens to one of his current ones.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an idea. What if the kitetsus are really just a single sword with some kind of df power, this power allows the kitetsu to transform from a lesser grade (sandai) to great grade (nidai) up to supreme grade (shodai) when some conditions are met by the wielder. What do you guys think? Sounds stupid, right?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    I have an idea. What if the kitetsus are really just a single sword with some kind of df power, this power allows the kitetsu to transform from a lesser grade (sandai) to great grade (nidai) up to supreme grade (shodai) when some conditions are met by the wielder. What do you guys think? Sounds stupid, right?
    It does.

What, single sword? How come there are more of them then?
    Or, if you meant differently how come there are more of the same type of fruit?

And what would that fruit be? Strenght evaluation/evolution fruit?

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

that would be weird cause the swords were crafted at different times unless its a curse curse fruit which would be even weirder but kinda cool.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Should I play the allmighty Haki-card? What if it is actually one sword, but evolves when imbued with haki? Thus the weaklings who have had the sword have all died, but now that it has an owner with fitting haki it has become a formiddable weapon. Okay, bit far fetched :P

It's funny how every mystery in One Piece is now possible to explain with haki There is no guarantee that it is the right explanation, but it is possible

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Please people, leave the swords alone. I'm gonna be sick just reading about evolving swords.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

gotta catch em all, eh?

perhaps there are things like thunder- and firestones too, after all there are seastones... oh wait no, that'd hinder the DF swords from evolving ~ lol

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there any information on what is Shanks' sword? His sword looks bad-ass too... lol.

O and how about Rayleighs' sword?

And any information on Whitebeards pole-arm type weapon? Does that got a name?

I'd never thought about this before lol... but it would be interesting to know all that!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Please people, leave the swords alone. I'm gonna be sick just reading about evolving swords.
    I agree anyone that would fuse a DF with one of the named swords would just dishonor the creator of the sword and would not be a swordsmen.(Don't say that spandam was a swordsmen he was just weak)

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    It's funny how every mystery in One Piece is now possible to explain with haki There is no guarantee that it is the right explanation, but it is possible
    No, it's not possible. People just think that Haki can answer everything because they don't or won't think sensibly. I wrote "Just because you can think of a theory doesn't mean that it makes sense in the context of the story" in the 2008 Yearbook with several theories in mind, and Haki was one of the major ones.

And on the actual topic, I dunno why people think that Zoro needs to "upgrade" to an earlier Kitetsu. He's either had to go through some sort of trial for all of his current swords, or it's his treasure. I don't think he'll be getting any more new swords. And even if he does, I doubt he'll fight one of the Five Elder Stars over it. Assuming that the Five Elder Stars even fight over the course of the series, I doubt that they'll fight Zoro of all people. I just don't think that the earlier Kitetsu are important. And if they are, I doubt it's from a "Zoro will get one" perspective.

And a modly note, this isn't the "General Weapons Discusson" thread. If you want to discuss Whitebeard's glaive, or Shanks' or Rayleigh's sword, either make a Weapons Discussion thread, or do it in the Mega Convo.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

how about the sword that law use?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mastermind05 View Post
    how about the sword that law use?
    I don't think it's a kitetsu but I would be suprised if it wasn't a named sword.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast