Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Thoughts about the battle

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Byakuya pwned Zommari and was completely superior

51 71.83%
  • Zommari's abilities were superior but Byakuya won because of Zommari's poor judgment

10 14.08%
  • The two were evenly matched in terms of skill, but Byakuya emerged the victor

8 11.27%
  • Other (specify)

2 2.82%
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Zommari vs. Byakuya

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Zommari vs. Byakuya

If you feel the need to discuss this fight, please do it here.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ryanzokuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 316 Disscusion/317 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus-Tails View Post
    I had to comment. I see people here misinterpreting Byakuya-Zomari and actually suggesting Urahara beating Aizen.

First off the reason Byakuya won was because Zomari gave him time to figure out the amor ability. Byakuya's bankai didn't do crap because Zomari was still alive a well after. Byakuya's bankai has yet to kill anyone in this series. Renji is the only one who came close to dying. Ichigo and Zomari got his and got right back up.

That fight was similar to Tousen-Kenpachi. Tousen gave Kenpachi too much time to develop a counter-strategy. Same with Zomari. Byakuya couldn't touch Zomari in speed. Byakuya even had a point-blank lightning shot (by surprise as well) and Zomari still dodged it.

If they went all out (Byakuya with bankai) and Zomari going for Byakuya's head on his first amor, Zomari would win. Byakuya's bankai wouldn't kill Zomari and Byakuya wouldn't know about amor (since Zomari would use it to control Byakuya's brain right off the bat) and Zomari would simply make kill himself.

Urahara defeating Aizen? LOOOOOOOL!!!!!

not just wrong, but completely blind and silly of you to state.

Byakuya matched Zomari step for step in their little "i'm fast." "so am i." struggle. and Zomari is supposed to be the fastest Espada, with his lame little clones. even before Byakuya knew there could be five, and the last two showed up and stabbed at him from each side, he still dodged it without getting touched.

even Zomari himself recognized that Byakuya matched him in speed. so he decided to release.

intelligence and fighting strategy fall into "abilities".
    Zomari being a dumb animal is no excuse. he was defeated. and not only was he defeated, he was defeated very quickly. the quickest defeat of any Espada so far. Byakuya smoked him.
    Byakuya > Zomari.

"you're lucky! if i wasn't weaker than you, i'd be stronger than you!"

or

"you're lucky! if i wasn't a retard, i'd be smarter than you!"

whichever one you go with, it doesn't matter. it's the same concept either way. the simple answer is-

"well, you are. so you're not. so you lose."

sorry Tsuki, didn't see your post until after i posted this x_x
    Moved post ~ Tsukisama
    Last edited by Tsukisama; June 30, 2008 at 08:35 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zommari vs. Byakuya

Whoa, where are all the other posts? It seems like I came in right in the middle of some heated debate. Anyways, Byakuya>>>>>Zomari. Zomari's amor is perfectly countered by Byakuya's shikai and bankai, not only are there thousands of mini blades, but the thing is that they are controlled by Byakuya's mind as well, not his hand (well, they can be, but that's only when extra speed is needed). Basically, had it been any other shinigami vs. zomari, it woulda been a closer match.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's obvious that Byakuya directly countered Zommari much the same way Mayuri directly countered Szayel-Aporro. In a not-quite-so-stunning-since-it's-KT move of authorial fiat, he gave the two espada with the most imbalanced releases captains which perfectly countered their abilities. If Zommari weren't matched against Byakuya, he would have done a much better job. Same thing with Szayel-Aporro. They would have defeated any number of other captains, but of course, KT just happened to unleash his plotkai (wow I love that term...whoever invented it was a genius) to kill off two of the coolest espada.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hyn_pride93's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Byakuya was the man in this fight. Zomari, if he was smarter, wudve killed him right away but as always, they characters just LOVE freaken play around with each other. and because of that Byakuya ended up pwning the guy that actually thought cud beat the crap out of him and live to tell the day again. LOSER!

~ Flames of Aries ~

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner gordongirl's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I just rememberd something about that fight between Byakuya and Zommari...
    Byakuya used some technique that Yourichi tought to him. I hope they elaborate on that a bit more. I wana know more about that like what kinda technique that was, when he learnt them (was Byakuya Yoruichi's student at one time)? I dont see how they'd manage to reveal any of that stuff but I really wana know

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm SO sexy.... in ur pants

Quote Originally Posted by gordongirl View Post
    I just rememberd something about that fight between Byakuya and Zommari...
    Byakuya used some technique that Yourichi tought to him. I hope they elaborate on that a bit more. I wana know more about that like what kinda technique that was, when he learnt them (was Byakuya Yoruichi's student at one time)? I dont see how they'd manage to reveal any of that stuff but I really wana know
    um... well, from what we saw in the Gaiden Arc, it pretty much shows that Yoruichi wud visit him and during those visits, probably taught him how to do things so that when he were to become a captain that he wud be ready. and she probably made him something like a student because thats what it seems like... or actually has seemed like for a long while now.

~ Flames of Aries ~

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though Byakuya matched Zommari, he had to go bankai on a weak ass Espada. Going bankai on someone as pathetic as Zomamari is "pathetic".

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well come on now... if u think about it, all the captains that fought had to use bankai. the only one that didnt was ken and thats because he doesnt have one yet. and espada are different than just regular old arrancar.

and some of the saddest things is that Rukia beat an espada, without even going bankai. and Rangiku beat an arrancar without having to go bankai. everyone else did. i know that they prob dont have, but that just means something

~ Flames of Aries ~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, not to doubt rukia's abilities, as she is easily a vice captain class shinigami (which has been hinted at for a while). But the onl reason that she won was because she had an unexpected ace up her sleeve. Her third and final dance, which can only be used when her zanpakuto is broken, which extends to impale the opponent, had Aaronierro known about her last and final dance, it is very likely that he would have won. All of the espada thus far have been beaten by captain level shinigamis except for Aaroniero as well, so all the more likely that it was luck for Rukia.

Anyways, Rangiku seems to be pretty strong for a vice captain, she easily beat kira, if they didn't have the limiter on them, probably some of the others wouldn't have to go to bankai either (except for the baldy).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner gordongirl's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I'm SO sexy.... in ur pants

Quote Originally Posted by hyn_pride93 View Post
    um... well, from what we saw in the Gaiden Arc, it pretty much shows that Yoruichi wud visit him and during those visits, probably taught him how to do things so that when he were to become a captain that he wud be ready. and she probably made him something like a student because thats what it seems like... or actually has seemed like for a long while now.
    Really? It didnt seem like that to me...
    I remember Byakuya calling her a 'demon cat' and not being too pleased with her visit in the Gaiden. Also by the way he talks to her. Yoruichi says that she came all that way to see him, but he just tells her to be quiet and asks why he'd want to be visted by the likes of her...I unno that just doesnt sound like a student-teacher realationship to me, even for Byakuya/Yoruichi. I was thinking they were more friends like. Seeing as shes of nobility, mabye they just knew eachother someway eles...

But back to Byakuya vs Zommari...
    I agree on the whole 'going bankai' thing a little, but its easy to see who was the stronger throughout the fight. Plus, Zommari was an idiot for making things so easy for Byakuya. Told him just about everything that he needed to know from his speed to his eyes. I was kinda dissapointed however that Byakuya's bankai didnt kill Zommari. That was kind of a "WTF" moment for me. I dont see how he managed to survive that, if anyone would like to explain...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

About the plotkai option in the poll, it's not a plotkai. It cab be described as plotkai when there is no development or explanation like when Nami from OP not only kept up with Khalifa's speed but she beat her up too. On the contrary, both development and explanation were provided in the Byakuya v Zomari.
    Zomari's triumph card was his magic-like ability which can be matched or beaten by not only Byakuya but any captain who's skilled with Kidou.
    Plus, prolonging fights depends on the characters. Szayel's character was playful and curious while the well-composed Zomari wanted to humiliate Byakuya for being an ass.

I'll remove the word "plotkai," although in some of the users' opinions, it was considered plotkai and thus was used in the poll. ~ Tsukisama
    Last edited by Tsukisama; July 01, 2008 at 06:43 AM.
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Blush Re: I'm SO sexy.... in ur pants

Really? It didnt seem like that to me...
    I remember Byakuya calling her a 'demon cat' and not being too pleased with her visit in the Gaiden. Also by the way he talks to her. Yoruichi says that she came all that way to see him, but he just tells her to be quiet and asks why he'd want to be visted by the likes of her...I unno that just doesnt sound like a student-teacher realationship to me, even for Byakuya/Yoruichi. I was thinking they were more friends like. Seeing as shes of nobility, mabye they just knew eachother someway eles...
    what I meant by him being her student wasnt that he was an actual student, but that was what was kinda going on in that sense. for example, she wudnt neccesarily teach him how to do everything step by step, but when they were to play around he wud watch what she'd do and then mimic later on. Now I'm not saying that that's exactly what went on, but what I'm trying to say is that that's prob what was going on at that time.

But back to Byakuya vs Zommari...
    I agree on the whole 'going bankai' thing a little, but its easy to see who was the stronger throughout the fight. Plus, Zommari was an idiot for making things so easy for Byakuya. Told him just about everything that he needed to know from his speed to his eyes. I was kinda dissapointed however that Byakuya's bankai didnt kill Zommari. That was kind of a "WTF" moment for me. I dont see how he managed to survive that, if anyone would like to explain...
    kumpleeeeetly!!! like wtf was that? why didnt it just slice the shit outa him? but i bet its because the shards are just too small to cut completely threw. but theres also the whole actual swords thing. but maybe Zomari ended up controlling most of them before they could actually reach him and do damage

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy01741 View Post
    Well, not to doubt rukia's abilities, as she is easily a vice captain class shinigami (which has been hinted at for a while). But the onl reason that she won was because she had an unexpected ace up her sleeve. Her third and final dance, which can only be used when her zanpakuto is broken, which extends to impale the opponent, had Aaronierro known about her last and final dance, it is very likely that he would have won. All of the espada thus far have been beaten by captain level shinigamis except for Aaroniero as well, so all the more likely that it was luck for Rukia.

Anyways, Rangiku seems to be pretty strong for a vice captain, she easily beat kira, if they didn't have the limiter on them, probably some of the others wouldn't have to go to bankai either (except for the baldy).
    to start off... it has been stated that Rukia not only has the most beautiful zanpaktou in all of SS, she is also lieutenant class level. the only reason for why she isnt a lieutenant is because of Byakuya. bcuz the vices have more difficult missions to take care of, he doesnt want anything bad happening to her. so that's why she isnt the vice of the her squad.

but ya dude... Rukia needs to learn a bankai. once she does, she'll be even more cooler than she is now. bcuz not only is her zanpaktou pretty efin powerful, but she's very skilled in kidou. and that final dance was genius... breaking ur zanpaktou and knowing that ur still gonna be able to make another one again. gasp... i loved that chapter/episode. when the episode played I actually cried because I felt her pain and happiness
    Last edited by hyn_pride93; June 30, 2008 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

~ Flames of Aries ~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hajialibaig's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got to give this one to Zommari. He could've easily pwned Byakuya from the start in an instant by controling Byakuya's head. Game Over.

Too bad he had to be a cocky bastard. Byakuya's one lucky guy.

Anyway, I still remember how hollow Ichigo completely pwned him that other day

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

At the beginning of the battle, zomari knew that it would be unwise to underestimate a captain class shinigami, thus he attacked with all he got. His ability is extremely powerful, but it is definitely not w/o flaws or not he would be the number one espada.

I believe in order to use amor on an enemy's head to control their body depends on the spiritual pressure of his and the opponent. If the opponent is higher than his own, he can't just control their whole body. Byakuya being of nobility has been stated to have immense spiritual pressure. This is probably why zomari couldn't control him and why zomari is not higher than rank 7 b/c his spirirtual pressure is not as strong as the other.

Overall, byakuya DESTROYED zomari. Even after cutting off one of his legs and arms, he moved so fast and cut zomari killing him b4 zomari even noticed. His skills in kido overpowered zomari and his speed and skills not only match zomari's but surpassed him. Byakuya being one of the stronger captains is >>>>>>>>>> stronger than zomari

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast