Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Summer Olympics (Beijing)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member predsfan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2008 Summer Olympics (Beijing)

Quote Originally Posted by Lelo View Post
    US mens football team are going to get crushed but the womens football is actually good. They have won big tournaments in the past like a World Cup so I expect them to get a medal. As for who I want to win, well my country Lebanon never make it to any tournament, so I always choose England to take it down, they have been my team since I first laid eyes on soccer. GO ENGLAND!!! They better win so they can make it up for not making it in Euro08
    I'd hate to tell you this then, but England didn't qualify for the Olympics either, at least according to wikipedia (if I'm reading it correctly). See here--->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...ummer_Olympics

I think the U.S. will make it out of group play (they should beat Japan and Nigeria, of course they should have beaten Ghana at the last World Cup ), but it's just a matter of who they play in the quarters (hopefully not Argentina). Mind you all of this is extremely biased opinion .
    This Post Available in Double Vision [Where Drunk]
    "I am the man with no name. Zapp Brannigan at your service."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hollow Kurono's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Cant wait,cant wait Im gonna enjoy the olympics,gonna watch basketball the most,but will watch other sports to,if ill have the chance,but mostly basketball Russia,USA and Lithuania fo me.This will be great.

Intl Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Jameo's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

German Men´s Basketball Nationalteam is going to Beijing!!!! Hurrraaaay!!!!

They won 96:82 against Puerto Rico.

So here are the Final 12 Teams:

China (Host)
    Spain (World Champion)
    Russia (European Champion)
    Lithuania (European Third [cause Spain is already Qualified as the WC])
    USA (Americas Champion)
    Argentina (Americas runner-up)
    Angola (African Champion)
    Australia (Oceanian Champion)
    Iran (Asian Champion)
    Croatia (Wildcard)
    Greece (Wildcard)
    Germany (Wildcard)

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

that's a suprise who thought germany vould play basketball................ but a least ur country's gona b at the olympics. England aren't good at anything

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto_Kid View Post
    that's a suprise who thought germany vould play basketball................ but a least ur country's gona b at the olympics. England aren't good at anything
    who tought,they have Dirk Nowitzki last years NBA's MVP and they have Chris Kaman to,they are packed,they are a good team.I hope Russia goes far and wins a medal in Basketball.

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't know i think the americans or the chinese will it.... y the chinese i have no idea but i just think coz it's in their country it might give them some momentum... and the dream has to be good for once this time.....

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Americans will win it,no doubt.They have been waiting for this moment for so long and they want it so much and about China I doubt,maybe it will give them some momentum,but in the end it wont be enough.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, there isn't really any doubt in my mind the US will win the gold in basketball. Their team is stacked. I mean they have Kobe and LeBron on the same team. Anything short of gold is a major disappointment. I really don't expect any of their games to be close.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only knock I have on the USA basketball team is the lack of big men. We have Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh, and Tayshaun Prince. Though, I don't know how much a threat Prince or Bosh will be in the low-post (I don't really follow the NBA). I am excited by the fact that Dwayne Wade seems healthy, and hopefully Lebron's ankle isn't in very bad shape. We should win the gold, and frankly I'll disappointed if we don't. Basketball is the one sport in America where there's never an excuse for our team to lose. For us, basketball is kind of the way hockey was in the Soviet Union.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member XxVascoxX's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna watch all track event and have a special looks at the american and Jamaican for the 100 meter race and also a Special watch at Natasha for the Pole Vault (female)...right ..
    And also the grand opening for the festival will be magnificent as already proclaimed by the media...

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by predsfan View Post
    Yeah, there isn't really any doubt in my mind the US will win the gold in basketball. Their team is stacked. I mean they have Kobe and LeBron on the same team. Anything short of gold is a major disappointment. I really don't expect any of their games to be close.
    And many more..maybe one game will be close against Spain probably,theyre gonna kill Greece when they play them,they killed Canada 50 or 60 points,dont remeber already.But there are other players that should deserve the credit on the team like Carmelo,Jason Kidd,blah I dont know where Im going at here right now

Quote Originally Posted by LB56 View Post
    The only knock I have on the USA basketball team is the lack of big men. We have Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh, and Tayshaun Prince. Though, I don't know how much a threat Prince or Bosh will be in the low-post (I don't really follow the NBA). I am excited by the fact that Dwayne Wade seems healthy, and hopefully Lebron's ankle isn't in very bad shape. We should win the gold, and frankly I'll disappointed if we don't. Basketball is the one sport in America where there's never an excuse for our team to lose. For us, basketball is kind of the way hockey was in the Soviet Union.
    Prince aint even a big man.And Lebron ankle is fine already,he will in the next game and Wade is back in his 100%,the windmill said it all I think they are taking the gold,no wait they will take it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoot! Less than 10 days before the opening ceremony. Also, something I didn't know, Soccer starts before the opening ceremonies. Women start on the 6th of August and Men start on the 7th. So not too much longer before the competitions begin. And basketball starts on the 9th. http://en.beijing2008.cn/schedule/

I can't wait. Here's to the U.S. beating Japan on the 7th (hopefully). Also, does anyone know where I can get a complete list of the Olympic squads?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by predsfan View Post
    Whoot! Less than 10 days before the opening ceremony. Also, something I didn't know, Soccer starts before the opening ceremonies. Women start on the 6th of August and Men start on the 7th. So not too much longer before the competitions begin. And basketball starts on the 9th. http://en.beijing2008.cn/schedule/

I can't wait. Here's to the U.S. beating Japan on the 7th (hopefully). Also, does anyone know where I can get a complete list of the Olympic squads?
    This is the squad for the Men's team:

Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa, England, pending approval), Chris Seitz (Real Salt Lake)

Defenders: Patrick Ianni (Houston Dynamo), Michael Orozco (San Luis, Mexico), Michael Parkhurst (New England Revolution), Nathan Sturgis (Real Salt Lake), Marvell Wynne (Toronto FC)

Midfielders: Freddy Adu (Benfica, Portugal), Michael Bradley (Heerenveen, Netherlands), Maurice Edu (Toronto FC), Benny Feilhaber (Derby County, England), Stuart Holden (Houston Dynamo), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Danny Szetela (Brescia, Italy)

Forwards
    : Jozy Altidore (Villarreal, Spain), Charlie Davies (Hammarby IF, Sweden), Brian McBride (out of contract), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew)
    Last edited by KnuckleheadedNinja; July 31, 2008 at 02:11 AM.

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner janibravo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

gonna watch most of the time basketball.. I like team USA to win but I have doubts if they gonna get the gold.. too much pressure.. either way hope they win if not then its ok ^^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lohnt's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH????????!?

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast