Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Color pages

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Color pages

which one? zan or one piece?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted destinator's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i think one piece ^^ i would like to see it too...at best the raw and the clean =)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, the clean is in one of the rush releases. The raw is probably still somewhere in the one piece scanlations thread. I dont know if it is 415 or 416 though

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's 415.[br]Posted on: July 24, 2006, 12:29:49 PM_________________________________________________http://silverillusion.free.fr/Rush/Poster.jpg
    That's Fnuck's clean of the raw. I typesetted over that (while translating simultaneously).
    You can find the finished product in our release.
    [size=12pt]<br />Want to give back to the community? Visit The Academy.[/size]

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member angry's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool, i just checked out 415 and the color scanlation is indeed impressive. Tnx for the info.

Greets, Angry
    sigless

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member La_Muerte's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinwei
    Looking at your Zan page, it's not cleaned by Fnuckale so it's not going to be as easy for you as it was for me, unless you find someone who can help you clean it (or Fnuckale let's everyone know how he did it tomorrow), but I can say some things.

First, you can certainly use the gradient overlay I was talking about for the red-orange text on the right side. That text also calls for a Drop-Shadow with 100% opacity and a high Choke setting.

The orange-red text to the left of Zan himself also has that shadow AND an outerglow with a low spread setting.

The big NEW SERIES declaration at the bottom left is just yellow with a green outer glow (again low spread) and a lowered master opacity.

For the title "Zan" itself on the upper left, I wouldn't touch the big Kanji, but the yellow Katakana with the red Stroke can be replaced with the english ZAN easily. Don't be afraid to change the Japanese vertical text to horizontal (there's not much art to block out anyway if you stretch it to the right).

Hope that helps.
    this is really helpful, even though i dont get some parts, im already working on it ive managed to erase some of the orange text to ther right (the ones with the blue paint splashes, im gonna leave the paint splashes one) right now im gonna do the orange text next to Zan himself and and then the yellow and green text thats transparent.

wat do u mean by clean the page? i think its clean enough or do u mean to put it ligther??

Get Zan http://kamikaze.dreamhosters.com/
    Quote Quote:
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The two pages aren't connected properly. There's a lot of bad scanning errors and JPEG artifacts on the page too.
    [size=12pt]<br />Want to give back to the community? Visit The Academy.[/size]

Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinwei
    The two pages aren't connected properly. There's a lot of bad scanning errors and JPEG artifacts on the page too.
    the pages i aligned them as best as i could and i had to use the clone stamp tool to fix some stuff like the sword and the guy with the white hairs hair, its not completely perfect but i my best and i think i did a good job, wat kind of scanning errors are on there and wat are JPEG artifacts?? when u said to clean it i thought i just had to level it

Quote Quote:
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Awww comon! I only get credit for making the poll look cool? I also attached it XP
    *uploads prefnucked poll page*[br]Posted on: July 26, 2006, 02:03:29 AM_________________________________________________http://rapidshare.de/files/27049131/poll.jpg.html <--- there ya go, the raw I used for the poll!

Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

well i can see all the work u did, Zan doesnt even have that much words on it so its easier than this

Quote Quote:

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

It was actually silveril who worked on the words (I was at USA at the time :P).[br]Posted on: July 26, 2006, 02:09:41 AM_________________________________________________I also made a quick nice version of your Zan raw while at USA, but never got to upload it.. I'll see if I can snatch it off my dad's laptop when I see him.

Scanlator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner illiteracy's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, redrawing on color pages isn't really too much different than regular redraws, it's just you're redrawing on a much larger spectrum. For redrawing text, you have a good deal more leway in that you can just redraw the stuff your text doesn't cover. joining double pages can be a little difficult if there's a good size gap inbetween. The redrawing itself will take you a good deal more time because you have to constantly check to make sure things look "smooth" because colors will often vary slightly in different parts of the image.

As far as the actual redrawing goes, you'll have to play with your clone tool settings somewhat. Be sure to separate areas that touch by making a layer for each. If the area you're redrawing is a solid color, I'd just use the clone stamp with 100% hardness and 100% flow. For gradients and colors that vary over a distance, lower the flow and sometimes the hardness depending. I like to focus on areas that have consistent colors by making a pen tool selection of the area, it makes it easier to go flush up to a line. For lines, just use the pen tool, and make a selection that looks like the line, and fill it. ALWAYS put your line redrawing layers above the layers that have the fill, it makes changing/smoothing the line a lot easier to have it separate from the fill beneath it. If your lines look out of place, try using the dodge/burn/blur/sharpen/erase brush to make it match somewhat. Another trick if the line isn't a solid color ( e.g. it has some pattern because the scans are lower quality ), is to copy an area on the image that has a bigger example of it, create a pattern from it, and then overlay that pattern on the line layer.

That's sort of an overview of what I do with color pages, it's really hard to explain without making a tutorial, examples, etc of the process. No color redraws are the same, just as regular redraws, so most of it is up to the editor on how he approaches it. Lowering the flow is the key for redrawing some areas, and if you're typesetting it as well, you have a bit more leway on it. Anyway, this is just my vague methodology for it.

Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fnuckale
    I also made a quick nice version of your Zan raw while at USA, but never got to upload it.. I'll see if I can snatch it off my dad's laptop when I see him.
    wow so u were working on it (not that i didnt beleive u) ill wait for that, when i finish doing mine ill send it to u so u can tell me wat ya think

Awww comon! I only get credit for making the poll look cool? I also attached it XP
    *uploads prefnucked poll page*[br]Posted on: July 26, 2006, 02:03:29 AM_________________________________________________http://rapidshare.de/files/27049131/poll.jpg.html <--- there ya go, the raw I used for the poll!
    u did a nice clean on the page, and how u put the spread together was good specially around namis tattooed arm

illiteracy u have some nice tips too, i wish my brain could comprehend all the information though

Quote Quote:

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I can actually give your clean zan page a touch as well since what I did with the page so far was making it look cool and set things up a bit for the redrawing. I would do it again now if I weren't half dead (half dead cause I worked all night to finish OP 417) XD

Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I can actually give your clean zan page a touch as well since what I did with the page so far was making it look cool and set things up a bit for the redrawing. I would do it again now if I weren't half dead (half dead cause I worked all night to finish OP 417) XD
    well dont stress urself over something that is a favor, plus ur working on OP 417, and its really harder than Zan, cause Zan is just basic colors, but OP has so much, my ultimate goal is to clean Zan as good as u guys clean OP, or Japfla or Shannaro do Naruto, or M7 does Bleach that way people will read it more, cause as soon as i saw Zan my first thought was that i liked the way its done even though some people say the artwork is crappy (to each his own) and that it might not get released in the USA, so i said to myself hugo u gotta scanlate this no matter wat, so there u go im scanlating it with like three other people

Quote Quote:

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast