Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2) , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Attention Kenichi Fans/Translators/Scanlators

  1. #1
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Author Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    Attention Kenichi Fans/Translators/Scanlators

    Okay. there's a bit of a situation going on with the kenichi releases, if you couldn't tell. I couldn't find what forum to put this in and I couldn't send a PM to everyone in the Kenichi section so I put it here.

    This has been an unfortunate series of events...

    I know I translated chapters 234+235. After this, I sent out my first PM to the other kenichi translators to see what I should be doing, and found out from Perfectcircle that he wouldn't be doing volume 27, then from UK that he wouldn't be posting at MH ever again and that it was up to me to do volume 27 since R_S was out for a bit.

    Then the next morning I get another note saying he'll do volume 27, but I decided to help and started at chapter 247 and decided to work my way backwards. So I sent 247 to UK because I thought it'd be posted on MH when he finished with 244-246, and things would continue as they have been. After a few days of nothing I did some digging and found out a number of things:

    1) Ultimateking has decided not to post at mangahelpers anymore because multiple translations are not allowed, which means my translation of 247 would have never shown up there unless he changed his mind

    2) UK also translated chapters 248-270, a long time ago, and even said so in a post at the Onemanga forum Kenichi thread, but apparently didn't tell Rogue_sapphire. After finding this out, I sought out the Nerieru website and IRC channel and after a bit of communication decided to work on chapters 280-282, since they're my favorite and UK is already up to 275. I have 280 and 247 completed on my hardrive, but they're not posted anywhere.

    3) Apparently Rogue_Sapphire translated 247-262 while his internets were dead, meaning we have some dual translations.

    Can anyone tell me exactly what is going on here? Am I wrong on any points? What should we do?

    As a side note I'm also doing a Kenichi Gaiden where Shigure has, as of page 15, met a little girl and agreed to train her or something. I'll post the raws I downloaded along with my translation of the first chapter.
    Last edited by Author Roy; October 30, 2008 at 02:34 PM. Reason: fix mistake

  2. #2
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ultimateking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ATTENTION KENICHI FANS/TRANSLATORS/SCANLATORS

    one quick note: from now on, if u translators agree i am willing to proofread any of your translations, and release them afterwards (ur names will be mentioned on the credit page as the translator)

  3. #3
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Author Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ATTENTION KENICHI FANS/TRANSLATORS/SCANLATORS

    Yeah, like with my 234 which was done by nerieru scans, right?
    I know I missed Kenichi's mom's line there... didn't even see it

    perhaps, when we catch up with the weekly raws, we can all work on it at the same time... wouldn't that be nice...

  4. #4
    Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Rogue_Sapphire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ATTENTION KENICHI FANS/TRANSLATORS/SCANLATORS

    I haven't been translating waiting until everything settles down. So there are no double translations, well there's like 2, but no issue.

    I'm currently going to be working downwards from the latest Kenichi chapters, until I catch up to where the other translations are.

    Also, I will not be posting regularly, because I'm having problems installing internet at my new place.
    Last edited by Rogue_Sapphire; October 31, 2008 at 02:46 AM.
    Translations can be used by anyone. However not joining any groups.
    The Kenichi Love - ケンイチ愛 - Spread it.
    Thanks to Maphisto40 for the kick ass avatar.

  5. #5
    Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄) 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity njt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Country
    Japan
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,235
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ATTENTION KENICHI FANS/TRANSLATORS/SCANLATORS

    I'd like to hear what's going on. I run the show here and I want to find out what you've been hearing and whether or not the person who said it was wrong or right~

    To UK
    If you're worrying about posting many translations at once, that's not a problem. Post as many as you like.

    Don't worry about posting the same chapter as another person as well. People can benefit from another translation by comparing it and asking questions as how you got your translation. I personally re-translate other people's translations because I care about translations and accuracy. If you have confidence in your translations by all means post them. If you want a hand then feel free to send me a pm^^ I'd love to help out.

    To all:

    I don't want you guys to get the assumption that we don't care or anything, because we do. That's the whole reason i opened this site is to try and right the wrong translations out there. (It just kinda grew to the point where it's a bit hard to get my hand into everything, if you get my drift~)

    I haven't been active in the main site lately because if you've checked the front page we've been working on a beta version of MH which should go live to you all here shortly. Once that happens I'll be able to give a bit more input on people's translations^^

    With that said~ I hope we can talk things over since I like keeping translators that care around. Not only does it inspire others, but can even help them too^^

    To Rogue
    I think things are cooled down enough (Maybe I'm wrong) but if anyone has any trouble make sure to come to me~ We can work things out ^^
    Serizawa: But it's really heartwarming to see such good guys - perhaps not as good as we wanted, translation-wise, but their hearts are already grade A
    If you see a mistake in my translations, let me know! Thanks Click a frog to see my Resume!!

  6. #6
    MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Meronhlare
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    14,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Attention Kenichi Fans/Translators/Scanlators

    Ok, moved thread to the Otaku Theater.

    Author Roy, we usually want things regarding a certain series to go into the respective thread (or subforum). This also includes that we don't scream (capslocks, special topics) matters about a particular series over the half forum. Since this thread seems to be mainly about a misunderstanding involving our rules, I'll let it stay for the time being but after solving it the thread will be either closed or preferable merged with the Kenichi thread.

    Please don't take it as a free ticket to split series related discussions from the original thread. This includes the organization (translations, scanlations) as well. I know it's hard when a series doesn't have it's own subforum but the activity in the discussion thread simply doesn't justifies the creation of one (yet).

    (I actually needed to search for the Kenichi thread in the depth of our shounen section. Only 61 replies? Which all the trouble lately in the LS threads and scanlator boards, one would think it's constantly on top of the first page >.>)
    Last edited by eni; October 31, 2008 at 08:00 AM.

    ♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

  7. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,654
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Attention Kenichi Fans/Translators/Scanlators

    I noticed that Nerieru were warned for releasing chapters in quick succession. Can someone clarify what's the problem with that? I understand that it can flood a forum, but surely that's why it's in a forum where you can have multiple pages and even filter the results with the prefix's?
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

  8. #8
    Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member 1211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Attention Kenichi Fans/Translators/Scanlators

    "Final Boss" (sounds better than last :P)

    If you would like to hear the entire story, it'd be easier if you add me to msn: twelveeelven1211[at]gmail.com

    @above One of the reasons 246 will be our last release here
    Last edited by 1211; October 31, 2008 at 08:16 AM.
    Join nerieru-scans if you want to help on Kenichi!!

  9. #9
    MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Meronhlare
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    14,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Attention Kenichi Fans/Translators/Scanlators

    Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
    I noticed that Nerieru were warned for releasing chapters in quick succession. Can someone clarify what's the problem with that? I understand that it can flood a forum, but surely that's why it's in a forum where you can have multiple pages and even filter the results with the prefix's?
    The filters are for easier find but there are also many members who have subscribe to the Latest Scanlations (RSS) itself or those who simple like to check the first 1-2 pages. Not to mention that those releases dominate the LS news on the front page. Last week we had a point with 53 Kenichi releases in the LS, pushing down all other releases.

    That is simply annoying to everyone who monitors the board as a whole and seeing that most of these releases were posted by Nerieru within a very short time range, we asked them to post batch release threads instead of posting a thread per chapter every few hours. They chose not to do which resulted in a PM containing a warning (for all Kenichi groups, btw!). MH is not the place for speedscan wars and that's all I can see in this kind of release schema.

    But I certainly don't see a problem in posting a batch release thread per day instead of several chapter threads. They managed to do so in their own forum. Why not here, huh?
    Last edited by eni; October 31, 2008 at 08:37 AM.

    ♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

  10. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,654
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Attention Kenichi Fans/Translators/Scanlators

    Quote Originally Posted by eni View Post
    The filters are for easier find but there are also many members who have subscribe to the Latest Scanlations (RSS) itself or those who simple like to check the first 1-2 pages. Not to mention that those releases dominate the LS news on the front page. Last week we had a point with 53 Kenichi releases in the LS, pushing down all other releases.

    That is simply annoying to everyone who monitors the board as a whole and seeing that most of these releases were posted by Nerieru within a very short time range, we asked them to post batch release threads instead of posting a thread per chapter every few hours. They chose not to do which resulted in a PM containing a warning (for all Kenichi groups, btw!). MH is not the place for speedscan wars and that's all I can see in this kind of release schema.

    But I certainly don't see a problem in posting a batch release thread per day instead of several chapter threads. They managed to do so in their own forum. Why not here, huh?
    Because for people like me that do check the RSS, i like to be able to see a release when it happens. The batch release threads are nice and tidy but they're not very friendly in terms of end user experience. surely the fact that MH helps bring series like HSDK back from the death, we should be celebrating that rather than trying to subdue the releases?
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

  11. #11
    Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Alan Smithee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    London
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Attention Kenichi Fans/Translators/Scanlators

    Lots of Draaaah-Maahhh over this whole HSDK thing, it's like watching Flavor of Love or I Love New York just not nearly as entertaining!

    Reminded me about a lot of things that irk me to the ends of the earth and back about this site in general. But, at least the 'tarded no more Kenichi hate thread died ^^
    Looking for Translators for various (all wonderful I promise) Seinen and Shounen projects PM me.

  12. #12
    MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Meronhlare
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    14,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Attention Kenichi Fans/Translators/Scanlators

    Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
    Because for people like me that do check the RSS, i like to be able to see a release when it happens. The batch release threads are nice and tidy but they're not very friendly in terms of end user experience. surely the fact that MH helps bring series like HSDK back from the death, we should be celebrating that rather than trying to subdue the releases?
    I'm sorry, but it could be my most favorite manga ever and it wouldn't make any difference to me whether I get 10 chapters spitted over a day or all together in a batch during evening. That could be mostly because my life doesn't allow me to monitor my RSS reader 24 hours per day to wait on every single chapter which should be the case for most people out there.

    Seriously and without the intention to insult every "end user" but if you have that much time: take a walk, watch a movie with friends, read a 'real' book or concentrate on your homework. I have confidence that you manage to make it without a release every two hours.

    ♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

  13. #13
    Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member 1211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Attention Kenichi Fans/Translators/Scanlators

    @ above so you're saying you care more about what you think then what your end users think?
    Join nerieru-scans if you want to help on Kenichi!!

  14. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,654
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Attention Kenichi Fans/Translators/Scanlators

    Quote Originally Posted by eni View Post
    I'm sorry, but it could be my most favorite manga ever and it wouldn't make any difference to me whether I get 10 chapters spitted over a day or all together in a batch during evening. That could be mostly because my life doesn't allow me to monitor my RSS reader 24 hours per day to wait on every single chapter which should be the case for most people out there.

    Seriously and without the intention to insult every "end user" but if you have that much time: take a walk, watch a movie with friends, read a 'real' book or concentrate on your homework. I have confidence that you manage to make it without a release every two hours.
    oooh, nice mature attitude there eni. the actual process that took place was "group x release 225" and in my rss reader i see "[hsd kenichi][shounen] history's strong..." i know i've already checked that thread because my RSS says so, that's fine, that's how it's designed to be, but with how things went, i go to OneManga and i see that 223 - 229 are released. Then i come back to MH to find that the release order was 225, 224, 227-229, 223. And that the groups were editing existing threads. That means that the system isn't working because your assumption was groups would wait till the end of the day to release threads. nothing to do with having too much time, just a matter of the system not fitting the process that is scanlation.
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

  15. #15
    MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Meronhlare
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    14,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Attention Kenichi Fans/Translators/Scanlators

    Quote Originally Posted by 1211 View Post
    @ above so you're saying you care more about what you think then what your end users think?
    Am I not an "end user" and allowed to give my opinion on a matter? The way we handle the forums is based on our experience as leechers in the first place. I highly doubt that the majority of people who checks the LS is happy to see a single series spamming it up otherwise we wouldn't have gotten so many complains about it. And we got plenty, be assured. That's was raised our attention to your mass-releases in the first place. We're usually not strict on this matter but you simply overdid it.

    Other groups post spitted releases sometimes as well and up till now we never once had to take action in such a way. That said, scanlating is not assembly-line work. Nobody is in need to release or read at few-hourly intervals. I don't see why we should support groups running against each other on who's the fasted speedscanlator.


    @sabret00the
    I completely miss your point, seriously. Most groups wait and release batches once a week or every few days, that's the normal process. Don't base your general opinion on exceptions.

    On another note, we stray highly off topic right now.
    Last edited by eni; October 31, 2008 at 09:53 AM.

    ♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts