Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: If you could bring back one thing from Japan????

Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If you could bring back one thing from Japan????

dunno I live in Japan

When I used to live abroad though- definitely instant noodle (there are hundreds of them)

but be careful about laws concerning bird flu or BSE. They used to ban some instant noodles since they contained chicken or beef broth- so I came home with noodle without any soup base.

They have canned ones (doesn't taste so wonderful though) in Akihabara with Hello Kitty in maid costume.

Others- manga art books or any manga/anime related goods you can get in Namba, Osaka or Akihabara near Tokyo. If you are interested in drawing manga- then manga goods in Tokyu Hands or any big art shops. Get screentones and papers since they are hard to get abroad. Or a shop called animate for just manga goods.

Another funny stuff- USB flash memory shaped like sushi or food from Yodobashi Camera (electricity goods store) in major Japanese cities. I'm getting one for my Italian friends as a joke. But, since they are flash memories after all, they cost around 70 dollars or more. I suggest you stick with Japanese manga goods for cheaper solution.

Japan is famous for pottery, anime/manga, kimono, tea, electricity goods, and tons of other stuff. Green tea mix is another option. It's yummy with vanilla ice and those in the US (I'm not sure in Canada) is really diluted version.
    Last edited by Waterdroplet; July 16, 2008 at 07:32 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hollow Kurono's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

If it would be possible a true katana,a true katana,that could slice threw bone,I realy would like to have one,but if these things aint at the markets anymore,it would be some kind of comic book or some Gantz merchandise

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

To Hollow Kurono,

I think it's not in the market anymore due to recent Akihabara hit-and-run & stabbing incident and freak incidents in the past. Any blade with a length more than 13 cm (or around there) is illegal to carry around, and having daggers became outlawed this month due to that Akihabara incident. Anyway, you can't get it past the airport check point. I think you will find yourself in a jail instead plus a heavy fine. I saw some in on-line auctions-ebay or yahoo. I think it's easier to get it abroad since one of my friend kept several in the US. I would stick with that or go to American marine/military/air bases in Japan. I remember they had it couple of years ago. However, you will need to have a special license to keep it in Japan outside of those bases.

But... if you say you must, then they have fake blunt ones and wooden ones in those old style tourist spots in Japan (i.e. Kyoto, Nara, etc.). My bro got one from there.
    Last edited by Waterdroplet; July 20, 2008 at 01:23 AM.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yoniekai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

a japanese girl

first thing that comes to my mind
    `(•.°)~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Windmillblade's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

a masamune samurai katana

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdroplet View Post
    To Hollow Kurono,

I think it's not in the market anymore due to recent Akihabara hit-and-run & stabbing incident and freak incidents in the past. Any blade with a length more than 13 cm (or around there) is illegal to carry around, and having daggers became outlawed this month due to that Akihabara incident. Anyway, you can't get it past the airport check point. I think you will find yourself in a jail instead plus a heavy fine. I saw some in on-line auctions-ebay or yahoo. I think it's easier to get it abroad since one of my friend kept several in the US. I would stick with that or go to American marine/military/air bases in Japan. I remember they had it couple of years ago. However, you will need to have a special license to keep it in Japan outside of those bases.

But... if you say you must, then they have fake blunt ones and wooden ones in those old style tourist spots in Japan (i.e. Kyoto, Nara, etc.). My bro got one from there.
    Yeah,yeah,yeah thats the thing Ive heard to,yeah I was meaning about that incident,yeah,thanx for fiding it for me

Quote Originally Posted by yoniekai View Post
    a japanese girl

first thing that comes to my mind
    They sell girls in Japan?

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

welcome

er... I don't think they sell girls- unless you meant by some sort of human trafficking going on in black market in any country. Anyway, Japanese females are known to rule the house hold- so don't expect to find a meek traditional types of girls you see in movies such as Last Samurai.

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdroplet View Post
    welcome

er... I don't think they sell girls- unless you meant by some sort of human trafficking going on in black market in any country. Anyway, Japanese females are known to rule the house hold- so don't expect to find a meek traditional types of girls you see in movies such as Last Samurai.
    I was just kidding man.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I know lol

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yoniekai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

of course you have to woo them you know win them over and bring them back... for free
    `(•.°)~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ILUVATAR's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azurel
    A real katana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Kurono
    If it would be possible a true katana,a true katana,that could slice threw bone,I realy would like to have one,but if these things aint at the markets anymore,it would be some kind of comic book or some Gantz merchandise
    Quote Originally Posted by Windmillblade
    a masamune samurai katana
    the choice is obvious xD Katanas own everything... even Japanese girls.... hmm that sounded a little perveted... to prefer a sword from a woman xD oh my
    *When you laugh, it's as though the world becomes, just a little, a nicer place.
    *Being alone is scary. Solitude is scary.
    *I have rushed here, when i was summoned. Because you were crying. You were sobbing as if you were screaming.
    *The nights that morning will never come doesn't exist.
    *More than anyone could ever admire you, this is the definite truth, I like you...
    *Because you are like the sky, causing me pain in love... because I love you.
    *Did you hear? Did i reach you?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Paper's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

OBJECTION!!!
    TAKE THAT!!!

(hot) Japanese chicks> Swords any time!

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by level4paperboy View Post
    OBJECTION!!!
    TAKE THAT!!!

(hot) Japanese chicks> Swords any time!
    you think about those Bleach Orihime,Yoruichi and etc. types aint you?Well I never saw a real japanese girl with boobs like that or as tall as they are and beeing so kind as they are in the mangas and animes the only hot japanese girls I saw in real life,not animated were the ones in Tokyo Drift and god they were hot,if I had to choose who to take,them or a katana Id take both but to bad both are illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by ILUVATAR View Post
    the choice is obvious xD Katanas own everything... even Japanese girls.... hmm that sounded a little perveted... to prefer a sword from a woman xD oh my

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Paper's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude, I've been to Japan... I know how they really look... And yes, hot chicks > swords any day!

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

OH yeah??Hmm,Ill take that as a good sign,I think one day Ill go to Japan myself,maybe I finnaly find my one true love doubt that.So and hows japan,met any girls?

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast