Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 11 of 134 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: No Rainbows. No Cats. No Nyans~

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Realize that it's ok to like shoujo with igotthegoods~

Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post
    how could i expect anything that wasn't amazing from danchou-sama himself? shame on me
    You could, if you'd seen me acting (I'm a terrible actor )

Quote Quote:
    i do miss doing that sort of silly stuff with friends (ours were never serious projects and probably alcohol-induced ). and yes, the process is the best part the results were never really any good, but always hilarious. and what fun is it if you can't laugh at yourself anyway?
    Yeah, ours was kinda a serious project, ~12 actors, two years of work and even decent level special effects. But yeah, alcohol helped some of us shoot some scenes (thankfully I'm not camera shy)

And since I've noticed you've changed your thread's title, let me tell you that : I'm glad you're coming out of the closet. It was about time, after all the talks you've had with kay-chan, that you'd realized you liked shoujos, and as the SWOKY danchou, I'm proud of you, Tifa-chan So what now, should I transfer you to the yuri branch of the brigade? Since you like shoujos it'd be more appropriate, wouldn't it?

Art by 双瀬 聖

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I was actually wondering, Tiffany, how you thought about yuri?

mousou mashiin 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kaylee's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xophien View Post
    And since I've noticed you've changed your thread's title, let me tell you that : I'm glad you're coming out of the closet. It was about time, after all the talks you've had with kay-chan, that you'd realized you liked shoujos, and as the SWOKY danchou, I'm proud of you, Tifa-chan So what now, should I transfer you to the yuri branch of the brigade? Since you like shoujos it'd be more appropriate, wouldn't it?
    Xophy, don't mess with Tifa-chan. Since she has a newfound love of shoujo manga, she clearly still belongs in the yaoi branch. I'm sure I'll be able to convert her eventually.

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

damn, i had to redo this whole post

oh my it's amazing how you can find yuri in anything, danchou (why am i surprised?). like kay-chan said, i would actually think this might indicate a transer to the yaoi branch instead (although it doesn't ) especially when the stuff i've been reading is like this
    Spoiler: ok, i'll admit this isn't that bad show

thanks for saying that you're proud of me, though! i'm rather proud of myself for venturing out. but don't worry, i do want to stay on as a brigade member! just no transfer, k?

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    Yeah I was actually wondering, Tiffany, how you thought about yuri?
    i can appreciate the beautiful art (if it's good) and the attractiveness of the characters, but it really doesn't do much of anything for me.

on a side note, why is it that women can openly state that they find another woman attractive, but when men do it, it's not nearly as accepted? like, when men do it, they're automatically gay, but when women do it, there's no bearing on their sexuality. i've never understood that double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by kaylee View Post
    Xophy, don't mess with Tifa-chan. Since she has a newfound love of shoujo manga, she clearly still belongs in the yaoi branch. I'm sure I'll be able to convert her eventually.
    i was talking about shoujo manga (just started reading nana ).

don't think i don't know this has been your plan all along and when did i become a member of the yaoi branch? that's news to me....

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Xophy, don't mess with Tifa-chan.
    But, I'm the Danchou And, the first purpose of the Brigade was : "since we have no interest in ordinary humans, let's find otaku girls and play with them" after all

oh my it's amazing how you can find yuri in anything, danchou (why am i surprised?). like kay-chan said, i would actually think this might indicate a transer to the yaoi branch instead (although it doesn't )
    Well, there's no yaoi branch in the brigade, just a josei one for the girls who are to shy to admit they like yuri. I'm pretty sure kay-chan filed a claim for a yaoi branch, that I probably... Now wait a second.
    *thinks*
    *thinks again*
    Okay, I hereby declare the SWOKy branch (y for yaoi) of the SWOKY brigade open. Kay-chan, you're in charge. Tifa-chan, I'm making you in command of the josei branch then, if you don't mind

Quote Quote:
    thanks for saying that you're proud of me, though!
    I am broadening your horizons is an important part of being an otaku after all

Quote Quote:
    on a side note, why is it that women can openly state that they find another woman attractive, but when men do it, it's not nearly as accepted? like, when men do it, they're automatically gay, but when women do it, there's no bearing on their sexuality. i've never understood that double standard.
    My explanation is that men are supposed to be the leaders in a society that is mainly patriarchal (any sane person knows that it's the other way around, though ). Since the physical appearance is an important factor for girls to choose guys, admitting another male is good-looking is like admitting he's a good pick as a procreator, or something like that. It's kinda stupid, but still more civilized than fighting to death for a female, I guess >.>;

Art by 双瀬 聖

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

especially when the stuff i've been reading is like this
    Spoiler: ok, i'll admit this isn't that bad show
    One of my favorite panels of the manga! (surprise, surprise, right?) I was so happy that they finally made it to that point in the final episode of the anime... even though.. . it was actually much better in the manga. Ah well.

Planning on watching the VK anime eventually? It's definitely worth it.

Quote Quote:
    I think Xophy's onto something... I think it's also partly because it's socially acceptable for women to appreciate "pretty" things in general, so I guess one woman finding another attractive can be seen more as appreciating a beautiful work of art? Whereas the opposite standards apply for men, so a man finding another man attractive would only be interpreted as sexual.

Okay, I hereby declare the SWOKy branch (y for yaoi) of the SWOKY brigade open. Kay-chan, you're in charge.
    Woohoo!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Drakno's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

My explanation is that men are supposed to be the leaders in a society that is mainly patriarchal (any sane person knows that it's the other way around, though ). Since the physical appearance is an important factor for girls to choose guys, admitting another male is good-looking is like admitting he's a good pick as a procreator, or something like that. It's kinda stupid, but still more civilized than fighting to death for a female, I guess >.>;
    Too complicated, it's far simpler really

the real reason is this: Men are horndogs, if it's two women we get turned on so we don't care plus we don't offend their sexuality since we want to believe there's still a chance to do her, while thinking of another man as hot apart from imposible (since we never pay any attencion to other men) is discusting (since in our heads hot = we are currently having sexual thoughts about the person we are talkin about) plus we also are annoyed if we get such a compliment from another man we are discusted for the above explained reason so we created this double standart to utilize the fear people have to differ and rasism so such words won't be spoken
    many thanx to Danchou for always finding time to make me some avy and sigs
    28/11/10 A dark day for all of us... R.I.P. Leslie

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure kay-chan filed a claim for a yaoi branch, that I probably... Now wait a second.
    *thinks*
    *thinks again*
    Okay, I hereby declare the SWOKy branch (y for yaoi) of the SWOKY brigade open. Kay-chan, you're in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Xophien
    Tifa-chan, I'm making you in command of the josei branch then, if you don't mind
    of course i don't mind. actually, i feel kind of important all of a sudden don't kid yourself, though. i'm still not on board with all this yuri business

Planning on watching the VK anime eventually? It's definitely worth it.
    yes, i am planning on it i do, however, have plenty of other stuff to watch before that *goes to check on her torrents for darker than black, sayonara zetsubou sensei, and mushishi*

sweet. sayonara zetsubou sensei is done first, so that one is next by default

Quote Originally Posted by Xophien
    Quote Originally Posted by kaylee
    I think Xophy's onto something... I think it's also partly because it's socially acceptable for women to appreciate "pretty" things in general, so I guess one woman finding another attractive can be seen more as appreciating a beautiful work of art? Whereas the opposite standards apply for men, so a man finding another man attractive would only be interpreted as sexual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakno View Post
    the real reason is this: Men are horndogs, if it's two women we get turned on so we don't care plus we don't offend their sexuality since we want to believe there's still a chance to do her, while thinking of another man as hot apart from imposible (since we never pay any attencion to other men) is discusting (since in our heads hot = we are currently having sexual thoughts about the person we are talkin about) plus we also are annoyed if we get such a compliment from another man we are discusted for the above explained reason so we created this double standart to utilize the fear people have to differ and rasism so such words won't be spoken
    these are all such good answers! however, drakno gets extra credit for using the word "horndog." you just don't hear that word enough

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i was talking about shoujo manga (just started reading nana ).
    eep! Please talk to me once Takumi enters the scenes more often.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*goes to check on her torrents for darker than black, sayonara zetsubou sensei, and mushishi*
    Nice choices! And yeah, since you already know the plot for VK, that anime can be put on hold for a while.

... and since we were just talking about majors in my thread, I was wondering... looking back on it, do you think biochem/pharma was a good choice for you? If you could start college all over again, would you do anything differently?

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I almost bought Mushishi yesterday, and totally drain my cash. But then I chose to buy Beck instead, even if I'd already watched it, just so that I could let my sister watch. Sigh. The charity missions of an otaku... for the sake of sharing it to the world.

At least you make me feel better Tiffany. All is not lost, since I could just DL. >.>

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

eep! Please talk to me once Takumi enters the scenes more often.
    definitely! is he your favorite? i'm not there quite yet (when does he first appear?) but i'm really liking it so far. it's very angsty, as promised

... and since we were just talking about majors in my thread, I was wondering... looking back on it, do you think biochem/pharma was a good choice for you? If you could start college all over again, would you do anything differently?
    i wouldn't change a thing i went into school as an exploratory student knowing that i wanted to do something science-related and i think i ended up choosing the right path. i'm good at what i do, at least i think so. plus, i was able to balance a half-decent social life in with my schooling. college was good times

since you asked, is this something you worry about? (you don't have to answer if you don't want )

I almost bought Mushishi yesterday, and totally drain my cash. But then I chose to buy Beck instead, even if I'd already watched it, just so that I could let my sister watch. Sigh. The charity missions of an otaku... for the sake of sharing it to the world.

At least you make me feel better Tiffany. All is not lost, since I could just DL. >.>
    what a good sister you are! very generous. and you're spreading the good word. excellent

how is beck anyway? i haven't read/watched that yet...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

definitely! is he your favorite? i'm not there quite yet (when does he first appear?) but i'm really liking it so far. it's very angsty, as promised
    It's not too far in... chapter 14-ish. And it gets considerably more angsty, don't worry.

Quote Quote:
    i wouldn't change a thing i went into school as an exploratory student knowing that i wanted to do something science-related and i think i ended up choosing the right path. i'm good at what i do, at least i think so. plus, i was able to balance a half-decent social life in with my schooling. college was good times
    That's awesome. I always like to hear about people who are satisfied with what they're doing. It gives me some hope. I know too few people who are actually happy with their career path, unfortunately.

Quote Quote:
    since you asked, is this something you worry about?
    Worry about? Nah. I know I chose the wrong major. Problem is, I still don't know what the right one would've been.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome. I always like to hear about people who are satisfied with what they're doing. It gives me some hope. I know too few people who are actually happy with their career path, unfortunately.
    well, i didn't say my job was all happiness and sunshine. it can be extremely frustrating (i work with the public ) and my schedule is a bit tricky (it's the reason i STILL haven't seen TDK), but i'm reasonably satisfied, more so than average, i'd say.

Quote Quote:
    Worry about? Nah. I know I chose the wrong major. Problem is, I still don't know what the right one would've been.
    aww this is far too common i'm afraid. one of my best friends just went back to grad school this year after working as a teacher for a few years. all she had ever wanted to do was be an english teacher, but it turned out not to be the right thing for her.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not too far in... chapter 14-ish. And it gets considerably more angsty, don't worry.
    Takumi became my love about volume 10 or something. So it'll be some time before you get to appreciate him too, I guess.

And from Kay-chan's reaction, she belongs to the Anti-Takumi camp.

Fuuu. Whatever. I dream of Takumi x *censored* every day. Like, for real.

Quote Quote:
    how is beck anyway? i haven't read/watched that yet...
    The anime is good, but it ends with one season so... the manga is awesome, for me. you should try it, tiffany. It's not the usual shounen anyway.

Thread Closed
Page 11 of 134 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast