Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed

Thread: How are the Yomas created??

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raysen_ht's Avatar
    Sky... if u look carefully u will find me
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

How are the Yomas created??

Here is the deal...
    In the beggining of the serie, we were led to beleive that Yomas allways existed, and the humans could never find them, therefor they couldnt destroy them... so the Organisation apeeared and came up with a solution...
    they picked up humans (females, especially children) and incorporated parts of yomas in their bodies, so they became stronger and could locate the Yomas and thus the Claymores were created.

In the last few chapters though (if we believe Miria is right) we discovered that there are people who never heard of Yomas before. That the organisation lied to create the mith "Yomas allways existed"...

So, we know how Claymores are created, but how the Yomas apeear?? Did the organisation created them?? how??

lets especulate

Questions was answered so thread is closed - bene
    Last edited by benelori; May 18, 2012 at 10:04 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How are the Yomas created??

I think it all ready stated in the chapter that miria believes that yoma are created from within the org. I could only come up with one theory that they were once humans, but then if this was the case why would they be weaker than claymores and wouldn’t it just make all yoma in essence awakened beings.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member rukori's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe their creation is related to the DoD, like from stolen eggs or something...

you shouldn't be so quick to die. life is a precious thing...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raysen_ht's Avatar
    Sky... if u look carefully u will find me
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats a thory, but they would need A LOT of eggs to create so many Yomas.... i dont think they can steal that many from the DoD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

one thing that interested me was how claire was fused with teresa's remains. Is Teresa's head inside claire? I think one scene a claymore was feeling claire's stomach area and there was blood...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ramen4ever's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rukori View Post
    Maybe their creation is related to the DoD, like from stolen eggs or something...
    Thats a very interesting idea. I wouldn't go with the "egg' though. I'm leaning more towards genetic alteration. Injection of DoD DNA into the body. How are the claymores created? I don't fully recall but something along the lines of placing yoma parts into the person. So what about when Clare offered Teresa's head? If they can use a claymore's head to create a claymore from a human, I'm sure they have the genetic alteration capabilities to create yoma.

Genetic mutation/alteration gets my vote.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member 000's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, in order to not involve science in fantasy manga, I'll go with simple DoD flesh/blood trasfusion.
    Like, Organization inderted DoD material into humans, but it was too strongly mutagenic, and resulted in yoma -- defected beasts. Then, org taken yoma blood (wich is 50% DoD - 50% human, and transfused it in human once more, resulting in more stable Claymores.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I also think that yomas might be the product of genetic experiments. Maybe they are mutated humans, maybe a DoD/human cross. But there is also the possibility that they are a separate species and the Organiztion took control of them and began to breed them like dogs. They might have created various 'breeds', like the flying types and so on...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member One Bad Mo Fo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the $64,000 question right now. I wouldn't be to shocked if it was all a little more technological than Maria could understand. The special material of their swords, using a whole content as a lab, doesn't sound much like a medieval civilization. Also alot of the higher ups at the organization don't seem totally human themselves. The whole issue of the origins of the yoma could be something out of left field.

Thread Closed