Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: I've got the script, now what?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got the script, now what?

I lack originality in my titles.

Anyway.
    I've been writing a script, plot, raw version, whatever you wanna call it. Of a sketch manga ment for a 4koma serie.
    Well I've got enough material for a oneshot and/or first chapter, but I've got an issue.

At this point I don't quite yet wanna go look for an artist (Yes I lack the skills to draw) because I'm uncertain if the sketches/characters are good enough.

I've got no real unbiased people to who I could show my writings to, in order to get an opinion.
    And since I'm still rather new here and the forums confuse me, I'm uncertain if there's a place I could post some of the writings I've done in order to get feedback.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member hunterzero785's Avatar
    Country
    American Samoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I've got the script, now what?

If u want u could just post them here ^_^ Im sure someone will give you feedback this website has many supporters for new ideas so be open and maybe someone can help you

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^ this or if you want you can email me/ maria_roldos@yahoo.com

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DoctorApollo's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone here would be happy to look through it and help you out. If you don't want it to be public, you can also PM me or any of the other posters.

Mostly, though, you shouldn't worry about it. As an artist who has worked with writers a lot, I have never expected a writer to draw well. There is no reason for a writer to draw well. In fact, in manga and comics specifically, there's not even a reason for writers to write well, like, you don't need to know how to be descriptive and set the atmosphere and whatever. That's my job. All you need is literally to come up with the story and dialogue. The delivery of the story is the responsibility of the artist. You could be a great writer, great at descriptions, great at expressing things with words, but it's all irrelevant to manga. All you need is to be good at actually coming up with the story/characters, and the dialogue. That's all. Some of the best writers I've worked with wrote truly shittily and incomprehensibly, but once I understood their writing, I saw how brilliant the story was. This is an industry of ideas, above all, what matters is whether your creativity and talent are enough. Can you come up with good stuff? Yes? Good. Doesn't matter if your sketches look like shit.

Buuuuut anyway, there's really no problem if you have that much done. I say just go ahead and try and look for an artist! 4-koma stuff is easy to draw as well, so a lot of artists may be encouraged to take on it as a side project.
    Last edited by DoctorApollo; August 10, 2014 at 04:03 PM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member hunterzero785's Avatar
    Country
    American Samoa
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE ]There is no reason for a writer to draw well.[/QUOTE]
    I used to be just a writer but a writer can become an artist if they really wish to as I did ^_^

Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorApollo View Post
    Everyone here would be happy to look through it and help you out. If you don't want it to be public, you can also PM me or any of the other posters.

Mostly, though, you shouldn't worry about it. As an artist who has worked with writers a lot, I have never expected a writer to draw well. There is no reason for a writer to draw well. In fact, in manga and comics specifically, there's not even a reason for writers to write well, like, you don't need to know how to be descriptive and set the atmosphere and whatever. That's my job. All you need is literally to come up with the story and dialogue. The delivery of the story is the responsibility of the artist. You could be a great writer, great at descriptions, great at expressing things with words, but it's all irrelevant to manga. All you need is to be good at actually coming up with the story/characters, and the dialogue. That's all. Some of the best writers I've worked with wrote truly shittily and incomprehensibly, but once I understood their writing, I saw how brilliant the story was. This is an industry of ideas, above all, what matters is whether your creativity and talent are enough. Can you come up with good stuff? Yes? Good. Doesn't matter if your sketches look like shit.

Buuuuut anyway, there's really no problem if you have that much done. I say just go ahead and try and look for an artist! 4-koma stuff is easy to draw as well, so a lot of artists may be encouraged to take on it as a side project.

The thing is that I want to make sure that I've got the characters right so that they aren't boring or annoying.
    But judging from the responses I'll just post some of the sketches here and/or PM willing people.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply