Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Code: Breaker by Akimine Kamijyo

Artists of MH 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Code: Breaker by Akimine Kamijyo

This chapter was cool, we finally learnt what Toki's power is and it's pretty awesome, it's more like he has control over every metal objects and every possible waves.
    We also get to know that Ogami lost against Toki which means that Toki is stronger than him but that also means that Toki has another side to his power we still don't know about since Ogami doesn't use any metallic things when he fights. Hope Ogami trained a bit since that last fight and can burn more than only things he touches.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member LongShot's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

wow.. chapter 12 was great, not the best one so far but still great

CB is becoming my favorite series together with Psyren :]

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member HARUHI_han's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

chapter 12, so GREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
    Ogami showed up a facial expression we have never seen in the previous manga of Kamijyo sensei, (p14-15) when he had to burn Tabata in front of his small ill child, do you see he nearly cried?
    oh my my!
    such justice in pain

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Labeler25's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, nice product placement in Code Breaker 14!
    Naruto. D.Gray-Man. Death Note. One Piece. Fairy Tail. Code Breaker. Psyren. Vampire Knight.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

...is code:breaker going to be canceled? Don't get me wrong, it's awesome and all, but since Double Arts I fear that every single manga is going to get canceled. How is code doing in japan?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    ...is code:breaker going to be canceled? Don't get me wrong, it's awesome and all, but since Double Arts I fear that every single manga is going to get canceled. How is code doing in japan?
    I really don't think it's going to be cancelled. It's a pretty awesome series. Infact I'd go and say that is one of the best series of WSM. Actually WSM is more lax than Jump so there's an even less chance of it being cancelled. Since Code is only 14 chapters long so far, I think there only should be one volume out yet, I don't know the sales number though. Maybe someone else here knows.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AllenWalked View Post
    I really don't think it's going to be cancelled. It's a pretty awesome series. Infact I'd go and say that is one of the best series of WSM. Actually WSM is more lax than Jump so there's an even less chance of it being cancelled. Since Code is only 14 chapters long so far, I think there only should be one volume out yet, I don't know the sales number though. Maybe someone else here knows.
    The first volume will be out on October 17. Actually, the first three chapters are longer than normal (1st - 70 pages, 2nd - 44 pages, 3rd - 27 pages), so the first volume will be from chp 1-5 or 6, meaning it'll be at least two volumes. I think it's doing pretty well so far, chp. 13 just got extended by a few pages but I think the first volume will be a good indication. I hope I will do well.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rena Chan's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, don't forget that the mangaka of this series is Akimine Kamijyo, and he? she? is not a newbie mangaka. The previous series this mangaka did, Samurai Deeper Kyo, seems to have a certain amount of popularity to it (if got licensed in the US), though I'm not really very sure. There really shouldn't be any danger of this series getting cancelled, unless the mangaka suddenly doesn't want to work on it. At least WSM is more lax than WSJ...due to the popularity of the magazine I guess.
    Last edited by Rena Chan; September 26, 2008 at 07:27 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member descendant's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

just read chapter 15! awesome~
    code breaker is just full of surprises
    i can't wait for the next chapter
    go oogami!!
    currently following these manga/manhwa:
    Spoiler show

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah Akimine Kamijyo... I knew I had seen "these eyes" somewhere else.^^ Pretty good till now. It's nice to see, that the manga is going on a steady speed, giving some parts of info about him ever two to four chapters.

PS: SDK is quiet popular and half of the manga have already been released here in germany.
    Last edited by Schabrak; September 30, 2008 at 04:27 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member EL_manana's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? I think it is a bit weak right now. This manga is not deep enough. It presents any evil as COMPLETE EVIL and if the person is meant to be bad he acts totally inhuman and proves his evilness and corruption with all possible stereotypes.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well he has his reasons and tries to act the role/character he made of himself because of his past, the person he wants to find. What's the problem with acting inhuman in all these ways? It's his shield for what he wants to confront. And it seems like he won't get far with love and peace. In some situations I would act just the same if I had that power. There are sins, that just can't be forgiven. He may present them as evil, that must be extinguished, but in contrast Sakura shows him, that humanity is a important thing too.

And there cant always be 20 layers of plot to be revealed from time to time... We had a longer introduction of him, than of the other Codes and the people he works for.

PS: I have to admit his evil for evil speech is kinda lame.^^
    Last edited by Schabrak; September 30, 2008 at 06:40 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member EL_manana's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

No, no I mean the other characters like all those corrupted policemen and insane surgeons and his friend from the recent chapter. They all act completely inhuman, COMPLETELY EVIL. They don't have any reasons they just represent all the stereotypes of being evil for the sake of evil and because evil. Argh, it is so hard to explain what I mean... It is so simplified - if the person is corrupted then he is completely under control of his desires, has no principles and represents all the evil stereotypes. If we see the mafia king then he is all surrounded by half-dressed girls and holds a drug syringe in one hand and a pack of dollars in the other. If we see two illegal surgeons then they are former spetsnaz who excel in assassination and they immediately tell us that they were the ones who took out all organs and that they don't mind it completely and they don't have any license and that they do it because they enjoy seeing bloody organs. Ok, complete evil stereotype. After that I of course don't mind Ogami killing them. More than that Sakura's words sound stupid and she seems to be the one who doesn't understand. I am also a bit irritated with how the scenes are placed. Ok, here we go- the politician who illegally sells organs. We meet him in the basement where all the jars with organs are then we see two spesnaz surgeons then immediately we suddenly see a patient in the same room who pleads to kill evil Tabata who ruined his life then suddenly a little girl appears (HOW THE HELL SHE COULD APPEAR IN SUCH PLACE? she is his daughter and cannot even walk and he keeps her in that awful place and has no one to look after her?) and names Ogami a hero and so on. It is too unnatural, too planned...

P.S. Yeah, the speech is lame^^
    P.P.S. I still like this manga...
    Last edited by EL_manana; October 01, 2008 at 05:31 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey it was Tabatas home after all.^^ I just wondered, why his daughter looked so happy/not confused and not in fear, when she saw Oogami holding her fathers head.

In defence for the mangaka. Maybe he tried to show how corrupt the world is. Not only gangsters, but also parts of the government and the people that we hope, that will help us, when we need help(police). Lucky for you, there arent many more stereotypes left. g

And yeah, Sakuras speeches aren't helping at all. She does not seem to unterstand the situation. How could she hug Tabata? He got absolutly corrupt, working as an organ trafficer, what had nothing to do with his daughter. That wasn't just some extra money... He was a murderer of kids! Oogami should slap her sometimes so that she understands or she will get in the same situation over and over. Her falling for the lies of others got kinda bad with the time. Akimine Kamijyo should change/variate the structure of the plot some more.

I just don't know on whoms side I'm on. Rei s actings can't be justified by law, but those gangsters aren't rehabilitable. They are scum which has fun killing and hurting others. And the japanese government seems to think the same way. [I exclude normal mobsters and small-time hoods, only talking about the stereotypes we have seen till now.:E]

-> goes playing Yakuza 2.
    Last edited by Schabrak; October 01, 2008 at 06:52 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bleach91's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Vol.01 (very small) cover

New Reply
Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast