Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: What do you think of the following ?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only Mantra is Haki

68 42.24%
  • Only Rokugan is Haki

2 1.24%
  • They are both Haki

48 29.81%
  • They are both NOT haki

43 26.71%
New Reply
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Use(s) of Haki

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Avenged's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 599 Spoilers Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrone View Post
    Kuma is suprisingly fast for his size remember how he was blocking Bepo and Killer? Rwmemebr even if it was hand to hand kuma still has the projectile paw which is extremly powerful. I know the monster trio will surpass kuma eventually I just want to see the other strwhats at least make it a worthwhile battle. When I say worthwhile I mean individually have their own strategies and use their own techniques. This is where chopper, robin and brook lack greatly... There variety of attacks.
    Oh yah i am in complete agreement, my argument stems more from the haki/df cancellation, and not from pure ability. With the introduction of haki though, it makes pure fighters, like luffy, lucci, and others stand out more in the end then people that rely on that ability completely. Kuma is quite a specimen. Destroying the PX's will definately make the SH's standout. How they deal with him, will be epic

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    I doubt Haki is going to cancel him teleporting you somewhere. I think the abilities of his paw fruit would still remain. Haki only cancel's out certain DF abilities, not all of them. It cancels out Mostly fruits that allow you to be safe from certain attacks like luffy's rubber and the logias. The same way Haki wont cancel out WB's abilitiy to make earthquakes is the same way it wont cancel out Kuma's paw ability to create shockwaves, deflect attacks and teleporting you somewhere. It would be hella odd if Kuma teleports behind someone so confidently and touches them and the person is still there. The silence would be so awkward
    Sorry bro,but im gonna stick to my Haki theory.If Rayleigh could stop a logia of an admiral level with haki,i beleive that the same haki has the power to stop Kuma's ability like the one where he pushes back everithing and the teleporting one,etc.And even if thats not anough,dont forget that there is other type of haki like the one that elps you to predict move of your apponent.I mean your ability is complitely useless if you cant touch you apponent(remimber Enel arc with the priest).
    To me,this haki thing brings Luffy and probably Zoro to a all new level of fighting power and style.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Haki is going to cancel him teleporting you somewhere. I think the abilities of his paw fruit would still remain. Haki only cancel's out certain DF abilities, not all of them. It cancels out Mostly fruits that allow you to be safe from certain attacks like luffy's rubber and the logias. The same way Haki wont cancel out WB's abilitiy to make earthquakes is the same way it wont cancel out Kuma's paw ability to create shockwaves, deflect attacks and teleporting you somewhere. It would be hella odd if Kuma teleports behind someone so confidently and touches them and the person is still there. The silence would be so awkward
    When Kizaru's kicks he isn't just using his logia ability defensively, but augmenting the speed of his kick to the speed of light. Haki allowed Rayleigh both to hit Kizaru's physical body to counter his kick, but also allowed him to counter the fact his leg was traveling at the speed of light. If you can counter something on that scale with Haki I don't think Kuma's paw ability would be any different.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    Sorry bro,but im gonna stick to my Haki theory.If Rayleigh could stop a logia of an admiral level with haki,i beleive that the same haki has the power to stop Kuma's ability like the one where he pushes back everithing and the teleporting one,etc.And even if thats not anough,dont forget that there is other type of haki like the one that elps you to predict move of your apponent.I mean your ability is complitely useless if you cant touch you apponent(remimber Enel arc with the priest).
    To me,this haki thing brings Luffy and probably Zoro to a all new level of fighting power and style.
    Rayleigh stopped a logia with his haki. Haki is already known to be able to touch logias at whatever level. That is what the COA allows you to do regardless of whether the logia user has Haki aswel. Rayleigh explained that in chapter 597. Luffy can also be injured with haki. Do you notice the trend? The people who's devil fruits are being cancelled are the ones who are immune to certain types of attacks. Kuma is not immune to any kind of attack. Haki doesnt actually cancel ones devil fruit per-say which is where you are getting confused. It serves as the only way to oppose some devil fruits (logias) and takes away the advantage of immunity to certain attacks that some devil fruits have (luffy's rubber). Kuma's ability does not grant him intangibility neither does it make him immune to any attack. If you are fast enough it is possible to injure him. Long range attacks are also able to injure him. He's ability is simply hax. Also, immunity and intangibility are simply advantages and haki simply takes away those advantages. Kuma's teleporting people his part of his offence and haki in no way does not simply just render people's offensive power useless.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A stronger defensive Armament Haki by all accounts should stop any offensive DF ability. We even saw that with WB and the Admirals. Their defensive Armament Haki was strong enough to completely nullify WB quakes. Which were tilting, moving, turning and crushing all of Marineford and the surrounding area. Yet as you can see here the platform was completely unaffected by the DF quakes. So if one has a stronger Defensive Armament Haki than his opponents DF and or Offensive Armament Haki, then that person will nullify that individuals DF and its affects. So your last statement about Kuma and teleportation will undoubtedly happen. Probably if Kuma fights Luffy again. And i would not be surprise if something like that already happened off-screen when Kuma fought a stronger opponent and tried to teleport them away but ended up getting blocked.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GPZrag's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jadedmariner View Post
    When Kizaru's kicks he isn't just using his logia ability defensively, but augmenting the speed of his kick to the speed of light. Haki allowed Rayleigh both to hit Kizaru's physical body to counter his kick, but also allowed him to counter the fact his leg was traveling at the speed of light. If you can counter something on that scale with Haki I don't think Kuma's paw ability would be any different.
    Well said, also Rayleigh said that Haki with the CoA is the only one that attacks DF weak points meaning that using CoA will make you capable of attacking any fruit user... he even was specific and said that it attacks the fluid bodies of logia users...
    =)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, the only thing Oda wanted to display there was that Rayleigh's haki enabled him to be able to touch Kizaru. That is why brook only said 'i sliced and sliced him, but my blows went straight through his body, yet you just stopped him. how'. I dont even get what you're saying. That Rayleigh's haki allowed him to move at the speed of light to follow kizaru's kick? If anything, he's COO played a part

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    A stronger defensive Armament Haki by all accounts should stop any offensive DF ability. We even saw that with WB and the Admirals. Their defensive Armament Haki was strong enough to completely nullify WB quakes. Which were tilting, moving, turning and crushing all of Marineford and the surrounding area. Yet as you can see here the platform was completely unaffected by the DF quakes. So if one has a stronger Defensive Armament Haki than his opponents DF and or Offensive Armament Haki, then that person will nullify that individuals DF and its affects. So your last statement about Kuma and teleportation will undoubtedly happen. Probably if Kuma fights Luffy again. And i would not be surprise if something like that already happened off-screen when Kuma fought a stronger opponent and tried to teleport them away but ended up getting blocked.
    What you just pointed out is that haki can basically be used defensively. When the admirals used their defensive COA it was to protect the platform from the shaking marineford like you pointed out. Haki did not directly stop WB's earthquake ability. It stopped what it caused which was the shaking of the marineford. Its abit like how ao kiji stopped the tsunami WB caused. Haki does not nullify a Devil fruits offensive ability. If it did that, you would just get a basic martial arts fight between two haki users. All it does is render the advantage of immunity some devil fruits grant useless. So to my last statement I said. If Kuma tries to teleport someone, it would indeed work.
    Last edited by Freid; October 05, 2010 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Why So Serious?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SharpKnives's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

nope all Rayleigh did was redirect the kick, Kizaru still kicked at the speed of light but before he could react to Rayleigh he had already been hit. Kuma has to touch someones body to send them flying and having haki won't change that. Luffy can still stretch when being hit by someone with haki infact he's still rubber.
    Last edited by SharpKnives; October 06, 2010 at 12:07 AM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

@SenninSage True that!its realy amazing that Luffy's good at it now.Wich makes me excited just to think about his next fight with Smoke.
    -Luffy;oh!Smoke long time no see.
    -Smoke:you better start running lil boy or ill kill you.
    -Luffy:what?hell no!you know why?you know why????hein?'cause im strong B***h.And im gonna whip your ass.thats right!whip your ass.
    haha.
    But seriously,the fight Smoke vs. Hancock shows Smoke that he has weakeness.And knowing him he surely improve himself.So Luffy vs. Smoke should realy wicked
    Check out my DeviantART

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharpKnives View Post
    nope all Rayleigh did was redirect the, Kizaru still kicked at the speed of light but before he could react to Rayleigh he had already been hit. Kuma has to touch someones body to send them flying and having haki won't change that. Luffy can still stretch when being hit by someone with haki infact he's still rubber.
    Precisely. If WB earthquake punches someone that uses haki, it would still be an earthquake punch but maybe weaker due to the persons defensive haki. The punch does not automatically become a normal punch
    Why So Serious?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, the only thing Oda wanted to display there was that Rayleigh's haki enabled him to be able to touch Kizaru. That is why brook only said 'i sliced and sliced him, but my blows went straight through his body, yet you just stopped him. how'. I dont even get what you're saying. That Rayleigh's haki allowed him to move at the speed of light to follow kizaru's kick? If anything, he's COO played a part
    <hr noshade size="1">

What you just pointed out is that haki can basically be used defensively. When the admirals used their defensive COA it was to protect the platform from the shaking marineford like you pointed out. Haki did not directly stop WB's earthquake. Haki does not nullify a Devil fruits offensive ability. If it did that, you would just get a basic martial arts fight between two haki users. All it does is render the advantage of immunity some devil fruits grant useless. So to my last statement I said. If Kuma tries to teleport someone, it would indeed work.
    Of course that Defensive Armament Haki directly stopped WB quakes. Thats why they never did anything to the area that was being effected by the Admiral's Defensive Armament Haki. They completely stopped the effects of the DF produced quakes. And yes opponents with similar levels of Haki are going to end up battling via basic hand to hand combat due to them canceling out their DF abilities. Kuma using his telopration ability on someone is exactly the same as Luffy launching a rubber punch at someone. Both would be using their DF abilities to directly attack someone. And just like the Boa sisters stopped Luffy's rubber punches via a Defensive Aramament Haki, the same exact thing would happen in Kuma if he tried to teleport away someone who could use a strong Armament Haki. Kuma isn't going to go around teleporting anyone and everyone he wants to. lolz Do you know how unbelievably ridiculous and dumb that sounds?

One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Of course that Defensive Armament Haki directly stopped WB quakes. Thats why they never did anything to the area that was being effected by the Admiral's Defensive Armament Haki. They completely stopped the effects of the DF produced quakes. Kuma using his telopration ability on someone is exactly the same as Luffy launching a rubber punch at someone. Both would be using their DF abilities to directly attack someone. And just like the Boa sisters stopped Luffy's rubber punches via a Defensive Aramament Haki, the same exact thing would happen in Kuma if he tried to teleport away someone who could use a strong Armament Haki. Kuma isn't going to go around teleporting anyone and everyone he wants to. lolz Do you know how unbelievably ridiculous and dumb that sounds?
    With that logic, Akainu's magma punches become normal punches or an ice punch becomes a normal punch in the face of haki. As far as I know, the manga has made it clear that the only person capable of rendering the offensive power of a devil fruit useless is BB. Haki does not effect the offensive ability of devil fruits, if so every devil fruit user's devil fruit ability would be useless against Sentomaru who is said to have the strongest defence due to his haki. All your point showed is that the admirals together have an extrememly powerful defence. Ofcourse the defensive haki strength of three of the strongest people in the manga combined would be able to stop the shaking. It did not stop WB's ability itself. Its exactly how ao kiji stopped the tsunami Wb caused. It would be equally as dumb in the new world if all we see if martial arts and all offensive devil fruits abilities are no more because they apparently render their attack useless.

Also when the sisters stopped luffy's attack, they did not stop his devil fruit ability. It is not the same thing at all as Kuma. Stopping Kuma's teleporting would be stopping his ability. Stopping Luffys punch is simply stopping his punch. He is still rubber

Haki does not grant the power of the seastones. Simple as that

Edit: Out of interest. What does Kizaru's laser beam become against an haki user?. Does it just dissappear. Like does it just go 'poof'? The answer is it doesn't
    Last edited by Freid; October 06, 2010 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Why So Serious?

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member damane08's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Debating is good and all but i have a simple question to ask; If Luffy were to punch Kuma with a haki fist, what would happen if Kuma tried to repel that fist with his DF?

Looking at Luffy's fight with Marigold and Sandersonia would help with the question. Simple question isn't it?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

With that logic, Akainu's magma punches become normal punches or an ice punch becomes a normal punch in the face of haki. As far as I know, the manga has made it clear that the only person capable of rendering the offensive power of a devil fruit useless is BB. Haki does not effect the offensive ability of devil fruits, if so every devil fruit user's devil fruit ability would be useless against Sentomaru who is said to have the strongest defence due to his haki. All your point showed is that the admirals together have an extrememly powerful defence. Ofcourse the defensive haki strength of three of the strongest people in the manga combined would be able to stop the shaking. It did not stop WB's ability itself. Its exactly how ao kiji stopped the tsunami Wb caused. It would be equally as dumb in the new world if all we see if martial arts and all offensive devil fruits abilities are no more because they apparently render their attack useless.

Also when the sisters stopped luffy's attack, they did not stop his devil fruit ability. It is not the same thing at all as Kuma. Stopping Kuma's teleporting would be stopping his ability. Stopping Luffys punch is simply stopping his punch. He is still rubber
    <hr noshade size="1">
    Haki does not grant the power of the seastones. Simple as that
    Whats simple is the fact that you think that Kuma can teloport away anyone he wants to. Meaning that no matter who he fights be it Shanks, Sengoku, Dragon, Rayleigh or any of the Admirals that as long as he can make contact with them that he will basically win seeing as how he can teleport people anywhere. So sending all of the DF users onto the sea gives him an auto win and sending the none DF using into a volcano gives him an auto win on that end as well. See how completely dumb that argument sounds? Luffy training all of this time is completely useless according to your insane argument, seeing as how he clearly can't stop anyones offensive DF attack. Give me a break. Yes Haki isn't sea stone, but it clearly negates DF abilities of those with a lower level of Haki then the user. And if you want to debate that fact, then you must be reading a different manga.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Precisely. If WB earthquake punches someone that uses haki, it would still be an earthquake punch but maybe weaker due to the persons defensive haki. The punch does not automatically become a normal punch
    Man i just love these last pages boys thats some real manga fan argument.Just love it
    But then again i desagree
    See there is one thing that u need to understand Freid,its that haki those not cancel the Devil fruit user ability,but instead it cancels the effect of the Devil fruit on the haki user.Reminber Sentoumaru vs. Luffy?Luffy didnt stop stretching but his punches couldnt hit Setoumaru.The same tel. can be cancel.that why i beleive he ask Rayleigh to trust him so that he wouldnt use is haki to cancel the tel.(my oppinion).
    Check out my DeviantART

New Reply
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast