Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: What do you think of the following ?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only Mantra is Haki

68 41.98%
  • Only Rokugan is Haki

2 1.23%
  • They are both Haki

49 30.25%
  • They are both NOT haki

43 26.54%
New Reply
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: Use(s) of Haki

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Use(s) of Haki

The times oda has actually stated a character uses haki are far fewer than the times oda ha not stated it. At first we had no indication that the kuja, Rayleigh or Sentoumaru actually used haki for example. That was later cleared up but in turn I would think there are plenty other similar situations. Take the time Jozu attacked crocodile. There was no visible indication of haki but in turn it would be the only explanation to jozu making contact. It would be the same thing against aokiji. Marco was able to hit kizaru however it wasn't confirmed until 40 chapters later that he was a haki user. All VA and above are in fact confirmed haki users and yet we have hardly seen indications that they can use haki. For all we know the VA who took out luffy before his second dose of adrenaline hormones were also using haki. What about garp the fist? He is able to hit luffy normally but there is no indication other than that that he is able to use haki. I really don't think oda bothers to state each time a character uses haki.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

You didn't get my point.
    He doesn't need to state it. You can see it clearly. Actually I didn't need Rayleigh's confirmation to know that Enel's Mantra was a form of Haki or that Garp uses Haki infused attacks, cause he can punch Luffry and make him feel pain. Also if in a normal fight a person can hit a Logia user you don't need confirmation that this person has Haki (with the exeption of cases like between Luffy and Enel, but you got my point), cause it's given.
    Also normally Haki infused attacks are pretty much visible. Like Luffy's attack in Sabaondy when he one-shotted Pacifista.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The actual attacks are visible but haki itself is invisible. If sentoumary hadn't actually stated luffy was wearing haki we would really have no way or reason to think luffy used haki.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    LordUriel
    I'm not trying to say that noone knows Haki and that it's super secret. It's just that I don't want to assume that the majority of people already knows it and just doesn't want to show it. Also I don't think that it is so easy to learn. Rayleigh did tell that you might not aquire it through all your life.
    I just want to see Zoro and Sanji using it and then I'd say:"Yeah! they can use it!" And until they'll show the ability to use it we should assume that they can't. Not because I'm so persistent, but because it's just safe to assume like this.
    Go wild and assume the best out of everyone. When they even surpass that, you'll have fangasms. :C
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

kkck
    I actually though it was pretty obvious even without Sentomaru saying that he was using Haki, but still I agree that not always you can say when person uses Haki or not. But when Kuja Pirates imbuded their arrows with Haki it was rather visible.

LordUriel
    Yes, that's the way One Piece is - always surpassing our expectations. That's why we like Oda and his masterpice.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

How was the haki of the kuja arrows visible? Haki as a whole had barely been mentioned by then, I don't think we would have even suspected the arrows had haki until rayleigh explained it had margaret not specifically mentioned it.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I might be wrong. But still when Shanks got on Whitebeard's ship to talk to WB and was using his CoQ Haki to show of it was quite visible. It looked like when in Bleach characters felt opponents with overwelming Reiatsu.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

@Jorge D. Dragon- you meant like "reiatsu" in bleach

Definitely there have been lot of incidents where haki has been used, out of which many were pretty obvious that it was haki however the term was introduced late .... When first time it happened with Duval's buffalo from there only discussion about luffy's haki started.. haki i think was first mentioned when shanks visited WB's ship..

About kuja pirates arrows also prediction sof haki has been made.. (since by that time whatever unexplained thing happens... everything has to be blamed on haki) .. though that time no one knows how it works

CoO- whenever someone has used it he has always mentioned the future movements.. so yes we know whenever it has been used in the manga....

CoA- May be sometimes it has not been mentioned.. like when rayleigh stopped kizaru's kick.. but like when garp hits luffy on head... it was sepcifically mentioned that he is rubber , how can it still hurts... though if it wudnt have been mentioned.. it was obvious that something is strange.. as it was obvious in rayleigh kizaru case..

CoC- I think its not worth mentioning abt this... pretty obvious.. always can be pointed out..
    Last edited by Ninja_Pirate; April 12, 2011 at 12:18 PM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Ok, I might be wrong. But still when Shanks got on Whitebeard's ship to talk to WB and was using his CoQ Haki to show of it was quite visible. It looked like when in Bleach characters felt opponents with overwelming Reiatsu.
    That was the anime only. In the manga no such thing was visible, assuming it would actually count as visible lol. Heck, in the manga the conqueror's haki did not even have a physical effect on things, it has just affected living things so far.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

kkck
    My bad. Sometimes I'm putting some moments from the anime and think that they were in the manga, but still at least this effect of CoQ was shown in every case in the anime. So it might be canon? Of course not 100% canon, but as much as the colour of hair or the sound of voice?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure I got your last post....

I was thinking red leg (sanji's teacher, can't recall his name) and the owl guy from CP9 could be haki users. Zeff (?) was able to hit luffy and luffy commented the punch actually hurt and the whole doukiri thing reeks of observation haki.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I just thought that sometimes in anime several things can be considered as canon: voices of characters, the colour of clothes, the colour of hair and also such moments as visible effect from CoQ. Even though the last statement is just my guess.

You might be right on Zeff, but also there is a posibility that his kick was just so hard that he managed to inflict sufficient damage to make Luffy feel pain. It was the same with Lucci's Rokugan and some others moves.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think that for the most part voices are irrelevant to the cannon since the comics won't be speaking anyways. The visible effect of the color of the conqueror has not been seen or implied even once in the manga so we don't have any reason whatsoever to think that there is such a thing. Heck, we have no reason whatsoever to believe the color of the conqueror can actually affect physical things as shanks apparently did in the anime.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

kkck
    Actually if advanced CoQ can't literary destroy some objects like Shanks did it would be pointless, cause in the majority of the cases it isn't used even to clean fodder, so why Oda even had to introduce it? I don't believe that it would be useful in the sense that Rayleigh and Luffy did on Sabaondy against fodder pirates and Tenryubito guards.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, do we have any canonical reason to believe the color of the conquerors can actually affect physical things? Heck, we even know that falls within the range of color of armor. Based on what we have seen, I think the color of the conqueror is basically a mark of someone exceptional rather than something inherently useful as the color or armor or observation. Perhaps the inherent intimidation caused by the color of the conqueror could have a tool on enemies during long fights but I doubt it can actually cause physical damage.

New Reply
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast