Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Did Usopp have contingency plans for the other Strawhats??

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Did Usopp have contingency plans for the other Strawhats??

Okay... Usopp obviously studied Luffy's abilities... and though he couldn't win... He was scarily effective... he even premiered new weapons for that specific fight... Shuriken, Cactus Bombs, a huge prepared explosion...

what would his options be if he had prep time and had to fight the others in a one on one battle...

1. The plans don't have to actually win.
    2. They should be effective to Usopp's knowledge of his teammates fighting styles and weaknesses...
    3. Do you even think Usopp would need specific plans to fight each of his crewmates...

Example: Usopp prepares to fight Sanji, Usopp creates a smoke screen which Sanji runs right through only to be got with a jumbo poster of Nami taking steamy shower... Sanji is parlyzed by love... Usopp attacks...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did Usopp have contingency plans for the other Strawhats??

i wouldn't be surprised if he did, not as coherent plans though. methinks he has a rough approximation of what to do, and will materialise them only when he knows for sure he has to fight them

i don't think he had a plan for luffy all along, just after he declared that duel

but yea i wouldn't be surprised if he gave it some passing thought on how roughly he should deal with them

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

right now,if the SHs fought seriously,they would crush him quite easily,despite having plans.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    right now,if the SHs fought seriously,they would crush him quite easily,despite having plans.
    Obviously they would win in a 8 vs 1 fight, any Strawhat would lose agianst the rest of the crew. (:

Knowing how careful and scared Usopp is he probably made some plans after what happend at Arlong Park, CP9 and himself fighting Luffy.
    Last edited by UnknownMugiwara; June 16, 2012 at 05:42 PM.
    Brook wanted: DEAD OR ALIVE!
    Yohohohohohohoho! Marine Joke!

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

lol,did you really think I was referring to an 8 VS 1 ? I meant that,even if usop had the best plan to defeat each member,they would defeat him quite easily. Luffy is an idiot,that's the reason of the strikes he tanked,yet even if usop used strong plans against zoro,the latter would slice the former in a flash. maybe the only one who could lose are chopper (the dumbest out of the crew) and nami,whose intelligence is higher than usop's,though.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

against zoro......fight zoro in a maze with tashigi's picture in every turn...then use the hidden attack "ussop insults"...LOL...zoro gets pissed at ussop everytime.
    against sanji......ready a 300 poster of all the one piece girls....and use that as a shield everytime sanji attacks....then impact dial...or impact wolf.
    against franky....replace his cola refill with carrot juice....or milk tea...LOL
    against nami.....ussop spell then attack....repeat.
    chopper.....ussop lies, attack....much more convincing if dressed as sogeking.
    robin.......meh, he would get murdered.
    brook......umm, wear a panty?

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that he could have possibly defeated Chopper with some clever tricks, Chopper has always been the must gullible when it comes to Usopp's lies. He could definitely take out Nami as well, using the Perona fight strategy.

I think he may have possibly been able to have at least injure Sanji with a well placed tone dial of Nami saying Sanji's name. Zoro would obviously just cut him down in one stroke though.

I don't want to do the rest of the crew members since they hadn't joined at the time the original duel took place.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that ussops strongest weapon vs choper would be compliments and vs zoro his only chance would b hit n run tacticz when he gets lost
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MrTeatime's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    lol,did you really think I was referring to an 8 VS 1 ? I meant that,even if usop had the best plan to defeat each member,they would defeat him quite easily. Luffy is an idiot,that's the reason of the strikes he tanked,yet even if usop used strong plans against zoro,the latter would slice the former in a flash. maybe the only one who could lose are chopper (the dumbest out of the crew) and nami,whose intelligence is higher than usop's,though.
    Really? You just called the doctor the dumbest ? Frankys the dumbest, he even pushed the big red button in a evil masterminds hideout.... XD

Imo Usopp would loose to the monster trio, but the other members, well, franky is physically tougher, but dumber than a door-knob.

Against:
    Robin; Her weakness is defense and hidden emotions, he would have to hide and use diversions such as pictures of Aokiji, old newspapers discussing the buster calls, really make her emotionall and unfocused, and then some kind of one-hit and out gas.

chopper: Tough nut, strong defense, but weaker offensive. Emotionally unstable and easily duped. Usopp could just dress up as Dr Kuhrea (spelling) and drug him to sleep. Fight over.

Brook: uhm. Panty ridden traps. and a bottle to store his soul.

Nami: The most balanced and arguably the most intelligent of the crew. the counter-weight to their moronic sides. The only weakness is greed, but shes not stupid enough to fall for anything that usopp could muster. Usopp would have to go in close and bash her down.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrTeatime View Post
    Really? You just called the doctor the dumbest?

chopper: Emotionally unstable and easily duped. Usopp could just dress up as Dr Kuhrea (spelling) and drug him to sleep. Fight over.
    That's what he meant with dumbest. And he surely can't be brought down by drugs anymore, not after his latest talk about CC's pills.
    Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion his Ideal situations for facing the crew pre-timeskip were

- Fighting Luffy on a river bed by a water fall, with a lot of rocks and small plateaus to stand on with all of his traps from their first battle set up

- Zoro's would be tricking him into running into a dense forest... it would work until he decides to cut everything down... then it's up to long range explosives, flame birds, shuriken, exploding cactus, gas bomb traps, but the main goal would be to seperate Zoro from his swords, idealy pre-fight

- Sanji can easily beaten with a few well placed seductive tone dials of Nami talking sweet to him to get him to do something... Mega-sized poster of Nami and Robin in the bath together, getting their skinship on..

more later...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

New Reply