Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach Gaiden Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Gaiden Discussion Thread

Kubo said in an interview that he's doing a Gaiden Arc, where several characters' backstories will be shown. Who do you want to see?

Here's my list:

Urahara and Yoruichi - I think these should be done together in one set, since they're so closely related. I want to see how the two of them met, and how they escaped from SS after Urahara was exiled.

Isshin - This one's a given.

Aizen - I'd like to see his story--mainly to know why he went evil--but I'm sure it'll end up being shown near the end of the series. So I'm not expecting much here.

Unohana - As I said in her thread, we know almost nothing about her--where she's from, how she became a Captain, what she fights like. It's probably not that important, but I'm still curious since Kubo's looking forward to her fight later on.

Yamamoto - Same as Unohana--we know almost nothing about him, apart from his being the founder of the Shinigami Academy. But this one could answer a few questions about how Soul Society was founded, and put the whole timeline into perspective. I really hope we get to see it.

What about you guys?

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who Do You Want To See In The Gaiden Arc?

Im hoping of Isshin, Unohana, and maybe one about kenpachi. But in truth theres really a lot of characters that would be nice to see in the gaiden, but with 2 months for theres only so many they can fit in.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Amatersu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All the earth people, Isshin, Ryuken, Urahara and Yoruichi.

Like Gigantor said, we'll probably see Aizen's story when they start fighting him. Yamamoto and Unohana would be cool too. My top one is Isshin though. If his is done, it better clear up that cloak he was wearing.
    frack.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd actually like to see Hueco Mundo's backstory. Basically stuff about the espada's pasts (something like the Nnoitra and Nel flashback; before the espada became arrancar; maybe even before they became hollows).

Also, Isshin's backstory.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

• Urahara & Yoruichi - That would be an interesting gaiden and could also shine light on many other characters: (through Urahara) the people from the Urahara Shop, Mayuri Kurotsuchi, perhaps Nemu too, (through Yoruichi) Soi Fon, Byakuya, Kukaku, the other noble family members and families. Plus, learning about the Special Corps division and the founding of the research institute.
    • Isshin - Another intersting one. His backstory would clear up all of the speculation about him. We would also probably learn about Ryuken through his gaiden. Plus, a gaiden for Isshin might shed some light on why Ichigo has always been so curiously strong.
    • Unohana - One of my favorite characters and the most mysterious SS captain, Unohana receiving a gaiden seems unlikely, but it would be so unbelievably awesome if she did. Since we know practically nothing about her other than her name, apparent personality, title, and the name of her zanpakuto, it is impossible to think of any other benefits for her having a gaiden; however, that could also work in her favor. Since she is virtually completely unexplored, Kubo could introduce practically anything through her: new characters, the kidou corps, a connection to SS king, there's really no limit.
    • Yamamoto - Another character for whom a gaiden would be awesome but is unlikely. We know from the flashback of him starting the academy about 2000 years back that he looked pretty much like he does in the present; so that means he must be extremely old like at least a million years. To see his development into the legendary shinigami that he is today would be something. Also, we would also get to learn something about (in my opinion) the least known character (excluding the vizards, espada, and obviously the spirit king), 1st division lieutenant Chojiro Sasakibe. Since he's been introduced, we've learned even less about him than we have Unohana, and shining a little light on him would make a Yamamoto arc all the more interesting for me. Finally, another character would also likely be examined in a Yamamoto arc: Komamura. Komamura has already told us that Yamamoto has changed his life by taking him in when others would not; so, it would be most probable that the event (and maybe a little info on Komamura's past before then) would be included in this gaiden arc.
    • Tousen - Some backstory into his former life, his dead friend, and the origin of his crusade for justice might be interesting. (Of my choices for gaidens, this is my least favorite, because I'm not too sure how much his backstory is necessary to the story. He could probably have all of the background he needs in one chapter of the manga, but there could be perhaps some interesting tie-ins that could be thrown in like his relationship with the former 11th division captain.)
    • Vizards - Mysterious group. They could use a little focus. Plus, a gaiden on their collective origins would be a great way to make all of them (not just Shinji and blonde girl) more important characters and to introduce them into the main action of the plot.
    • Kenpachi - He is the most obvious and most likely candidate for a gaiden. His past and the origin of Yachiru's name have already been said by Kubo to be things he definitely plans on exploring. It's still good, though, since he is an interesting character and plus he is kind of popular.
    • Espada - I saw someone mention this one. It would be a little interesting to get some backstory on them, but I don't think an entire gaiden is necessary.
    • Aizen - To some extent, Aizen's backstory is explored in the video game Bleach: the 3rd Phantom, which supposedly Kubo has had a hand in writing (I don't know the extent to which he is involved). If it is in the games and canonically written by Kubo, then I would think the probability of this story getting an entire gaiden arc would be less. (It would be better marketing to perhaps have a flashback chapter for Aizen, which contains/hints at some of the elements in the game, thus potentially increasing Bleach fans interest to buy the game and learn more.) It would still make a good gaiden either way, but I think it would be a more likely arc if the game is not canon or if the game only delves very lightly into Aizen's past.
    Last edited by Tsukisama; February 11, 2008 at 08:28 PM.

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gigantor21 View Post
    Kubo said in an interview that he's doing a Gaiden Arc, where several characters' backstories will be shown. Who do you want to see?

Here's my list:

Urahara and Yoruichi - I think these should be done together in one set, since they're so closely related. I want to see how the two of them met, and how they escaped from SS after Urahara was exiled.

Isshin - This one's a given.

Aizen - I'd like to see his story--mainly to know why he went evil--but I'm sure it'll end up being shown near the end of the series. So I'm not expecting much here.

Unohana - As I said in her thread, we know almost nothing about her--where she's from, how she became a Captain, what she fights like. It's probably not that important, but I'm still curious since Kubo's looking forward to her fight later on.

Yamamoto - Same as Unohana--we know almost nothing about him, apart from his being the founder of the Shinigami Academy. But this one could answer a few questions about how Soul Society was founded, and put the whole timeline into perspective. I really hope we get to see it.

What about you guys?
    i'd have to agree with all of these, but i would add gin to the list. he is such a mysterious and mischievous character. i would love to see a little more about his backstory with matsumoto, etc. and possibly an insight into his motivation for following aizen.

i think that isshin is the most likely candidate for a gaiden, though. there are just sooooo many questions about his past

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted TheChosenOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara - This is a given, he is one of the most intersting and influencal characters in bleach so a thorough backstory about him and his younger days and his days as a captain and scientist would be greatly appreciated.

Yoruichi - The second half of the Former strongest Duo is SS, we did get some glimpses about her days through the flashback from Soifon, but there is still a lot to be divulged. How did she meet Urahara and why is she supporting him. Her days with Byakuya would also be great since we could understand how byakuya came to be.

Isshin - Ichigo's powerful and crazy father, we know next to nothing about him. The obvious one is how he was during his days as a shinigami, and how he met Masaki. I also would like to know his relatoinship with Urahara, were they friends or became friends out of desperation. Also hope that this backstory shows his time with Masaki as a mother to their children.

Ryuuken - After his revelation during the arrancar arc, he along with Isshin has shed light to why their kids are the way they are. I would like to know about Ryuuken days when he trained with his father, and why he became so uninterested with Quincy (yes we know about the money thing, but there should be more), I also wanna know about his wife and what happened to her, and finally his relationship with Isshin and how they came to meet and become more or less like friends.

Unohana - I think she is most likely the most mysterious character in the entire series (or maybe I am over stretching it), but anyway she is interesting and has become one of my favorites. I would like to know about how she came to be a captain and if she has a past with one of the exiled captains (maybe Isshin).

Kenpachi - Well we learned a lot about him through his own flashbacks and through Ikkaku's but I think we would like to learn more. He is arguably the only anti-hero in the series, I would like to learn about his days when he was a child or a teenager, and how he came to love fighting and what was Yachiru (from his past) to him that he gave that name to a stranger - Yachiru (vice-captain). I would like to see his fight against the previous 11th division captain which could open up his meeting with the other captains.

Espada's - Well considering some of the espada do get their past explained through their respective fights (Grimm, Aaeroniero, Nnoi and Nell), I would like if Kubo at least gave a past to Ulq. He has been the main espada since the arrancar arc, and it's most likely to stay that way until his impending defeat/death. I would also like to know about his relationship with Grimm and his days as a supposed Vasto-Lorde hollow and if he came in contact with Grimm back then.

Gin - His relationship with Matsumoto and how he came to with Aizen and his ideals would greatly be appreciated. I also would like to if Aizen was at one time his guardian/mentor in some way.
    Last edited by TheChosenOne; February 11, 2008 at 09:33 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner idlefingers's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin - I'm more interested in seeing him when he's wandered off than his relationship with Matsumoto. I would also like to see a flashback with Aizen, maybe their first meeting? From Matsumoto, I would love to see more of past interactions with Hitsugaya than Gin.

Unohana - She's very mysterious and nonconfrontational. But judging from her stats she's an animal. Plus, I'm still holding out for my AizenxUnohana crack being true. What can I say? I cling to dreams that more than likely will not happen.

Aizen- Seeing him as a youth and how he turned how to be the badass villian that he is would be interesting. I'm also curious about interaction between him and Urahara.

I would love some more focus on the Quincies as well, in particular daddy Ishida.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet we'll see more information on Tousen and Gin as the series goes on considering they'll have to be fought. Also, if more movies happen, we might see more backstories along with them, like Hitsugaya's.
    frack.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KyanWan's Avatar
    Taking advantage of wifi ... on the toilet.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Same as above (fill in the shadowy captains)

plus

- Yachiru needs to fight, and kick some ass. She's not #2 for nothin'.

- I seriously, seriously want to see Gin fight... and/or see him confronted by Matsumoto. ( Same as above, but I like the character. I've got to highlight this. )

- And, last but not least - this is an MANGA - not a US comic book. If a huge character in another series can die ( ex: Naruto ) - then someone can get killed in Bleach too. Someone's got to die. And I'm not talking about a bad guy - I want one of the Shinigami / Ichigo's friends to die. ( Kubo sort of hinted at Orihime will die ... and make a very fine Shinigami. Ahem, I'm talking about her skills, not her assets. Though those are nice too... )

Quote Originally Posted by idlefingers View Post
    Aizen- Seeing him as a youth and how he turned how to be the badass villian that he is would be interesting. I'm also curious about interaction between him and Urahara.
    Oh god no. If this happens, it better be a couple chapters at most. I can't STAND long flashbacks ... and this - has some huge potential for filler - of the "Uh, you lost my attention 10 chapters ago" kind.
    Last edited by KyanWan; February 12, 2008 at 04:24 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner idlefingers's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KyanWan View Post

Oh god no. If this happens, it better be a couple chapters at most. I can't STAND long flashbacks ... and this - has some huge potential for filler - of the "Uh, you lost my attention 10 chapters ago" kind.

You do realize we're discussing what we want to see in the gaiden arc, right?
    Last edited by idlefingers; February 12, 2008 at 10:38 AM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen: I'm totally sure we will see Aizen in this Gaiden, mainly because now the former 5º taichou is known in a game for DS, and we also can see Aizen when he was a lieutenant, and the former º5 taichou has kubo's hand, so i'm sure this will be a flashback in the gaiden

Isshin: there's really need to say anything? he is a must, his past as a shinigami is his greatest secret, and kubo knows that we all want to see what Isshin really was , certainly kubo will make a gaiden with him too

Urahara: I also believe Urahara will be in the Gaiden, Urahara seems to know Isshin from long date, and if we will see Isshin in the Gaiden, Urahara will shows up to

Now my plot to Gaiden: Still , we have a missing piece in the puzzle, linking Aizen, Seigen, Urahara and Isshin, and I think something happened in the past, the reason why Aizen become so evil, Isshin being a Shinigami, Urahara as a captain being rejected by soul society and the Seigen's whereabouts, all this event, I believe, are connected, and we will find out in the Gaiden!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KyanWan's Avatar
    Taking advantage of wifi ... on the toilet.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idlefingers View Post

You do realize we're discussing what we want to see in the gaiden arc, right?
    Yep. And I just said I didn't want to see a huge backstory/flashback filler mini-arc.

( EDIT: To poster below: DOH! I'm retarded. )
    Last edited by KyanWan; February 13, 2008 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Sorry, I suck. XD

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KyanWan View Post
    Yep. And I just said I didn't want to see a huge backstory/flashback filler mini-arc.
    Okay, but as the OP says, Kubo has already stated that he is going to be doing an arc that focuses on the backstories of some of the characters, which means it's a huge backstory/flsahback filler mini-arc. It is going to happen whether you want it or not. The point of this thread is which characters you want to see explored in the arc, not whether we want this upcoming arc to happen or not.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by patedecarne View Post
    Now my plot to Gaiden: Still , we have a missing piece in the puzzle, linking Aizen, Seigen, Urahara and Isshin, and I think something happened in the past, the reason why Aizen become so evil, Isshin being a Shinigami, Urahara as a captain being rejected by soul society and the Seigen's whereabouts, all this event, I believe, are connected, and we will find out in the Gaiden!
    We know why Urahara got kicked out, he made the hou gyokou. And Yoruichi decided to leave with him.

Also, I want kubo to explain this:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/164/13/
    Who was the second person? It'd be cool to find out, since I doubt we'll find out who it was in normal storyline.
    Last edited by Amatersu; February 13, 2008 at 12:46 AM. Reason: thought of more
    frack.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast