Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 589

Thread: Current Favourite J-Song

  1. #346
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Current Favourite J-Song

    Quote Originally Posted by LilaChan View Post
    Anything by T.M. Revolution is awesome. I swear when I just happen to hear one of his song they will my instant favourite for that time.
    Yes! XD I had "Naked arms" stuck in my head for a really long time after I first heard it XD Even my brother liked it and sometimes I'd wake up to hear him singing/humming the song as he got ready for school XD As much as I like abingdon boys school as well, I liked T.M.R first so I'm glad he's back as and making a revolution again

    But right now my "favourite" J-song has got to be Tommy heavenly6's "Unlimited Sky" ^^

  2. #347
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,625
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Current Favourite J-Song

    Quote Originally Posted by LilaChan View Post
    Anything by T.M. Revolution is awesome. I swear when I just happen to hear one of his song they will my instant favourite for that time.
    yeah T.M.Revolution is great But right now I'm in love with the song from the first Durarara OP: Theatre Brook - Uragiri no Yuuyake

  3. #348
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LilaChan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cheesecake Wonderland
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Current Favourite J-Song

    Quote Originally Posted by saladesu
    Yes! XD I had "Naked arms" stuck in my head for a really long time after I first heard it XD Even
    Talking about Naked Arms, I liked the other A-side (it's a double A-side) better. I think it's due to my Sengoku Basara obession lately. There is something about T.M Revolution that I can't pin point that makes his songs really nice to hear, it's hotblooded but not full on tokusatsu styled openings.

    I didn't realise K-on had a new set of character singles released. The new 'song that everyone sings their own version', Come with Me, sounds identical to Let's Go. Personally I really like Mio's version of Come with Me. But out of the two singles I like Seishun Vibration the best (okay I know what you're thinking about the title). Hikasa's vocals always make the song more awesome then it should be, I have no idea is it Hikasa's own talent or the demo person was good. The way Hisaka pulls the note towards the end of line just sound professional. Hikasa's vocals just doesn't match ballards, of course she's one of the better seiyuu singers.

    Did I say the new K-on character single series have awesome covers? The style is similar to Lucky Star remix 002 album (or whatever it was called). Yui's cover is made of win <3

    I wanted a totally girly sigature...

  4. #349
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Current Favourite J-Song

    Quote Originally Posted by LilaChan View Post
    Talking about Naked Arms, I liked the other A-side (it's a double A-side) better. I think it's due to my Sengoku Basara obession lately. There is something about T.M Revolution that I can't pin point that makes his songs really nice to hear, it's hotblooded but not full on tokusatsu styled openings.
    Hmm, somehow "Sword Summit" didn't really make much of an impression on me, whereas I instantly liked "Naked arms" :/

    I think it's something about his voice... But I can't pinpoint it either :x I think his composer (Asakura Daisuke) is really talented, but somehow despite having the same composer, access' music doesn't click with me the same way T.M.R's does. Iirc, T.M.R does better than access on the charts as well. So I guess it's Takanori's voice after all, heh. (though somehow that doesn't make abingdon boys school sell better than they do :/)

  5. #350
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LilaChan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cheesecake Wonderland
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Current Favourite J-Song

    Quote Quote:
    Hmm, somehow "Sword Summit" didn't really make much of an impression on me, whereas I instantly liked "Naked arms" :/

    I think it's something about his voice... But I can't pinpoint it either :x I think his composer (Asakura Daisuke) is really talented, but somehow despite having the same composer, access' music doesn't click with me the same way T.M.R's does. Iirc, T.M.R does better than access on the charts as well. So I guess it's Takanori's voice after all, heh. (though somehow that doesn't make abingdon boys school sell better than they do :/)
    I only liked Sword Summit because of my Sengoku Basara obession lately. I tend to link well animated openings with the song itself....sorta weird.

    T.M Revolution singles and albums still sell amazingly despite he only release once in a while under T.M.R nowadays. Naked Arms/Sword Summit sold 66,013 (first week sales) and I don't think it's due to the Sengoku Basara tie up. It's not like Basara sells that well (I think the first season sold about 8k per volume).

    It's interesting that ABS doesn't sell near as well as T.M.R. From Dusk till Dawn only sold 22,937 on the first week.

    I guess we're not the only one who likes T.M.Revolution.

    I wanted a totally girly sigature...

  6. #351
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    United Nations
    Posts
    628
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Current Favourite J-Song

    Sentimental by CooRie

    This OP song for Midori Days is quite addicting to listen to..

  7. #352
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Current Favourite J-Song

    Matsushita Yuuya - LAST SNOW
    Been looping this song for 2 days... Yuuya's voice is very relaxing and yet (or at least in this song it is) heartrending. If you know him from "Trust Me" (Durarara!! ) then you should definitely check this song out to hear him singing a sad ballad for a change :P

  8. #353
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,625
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Current Favourite J-Song

    Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    If you know him from "Trust Me" (Durarara!! ) then you should definitely check this song out to hear him singing a sad ballad for a change :P
    I really liked "Trust Me"! The ballad is nice too

    Speaking of Durarara, my new favourite song is "Complication" by Rookiez is Punk'd

  9. #354
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fullmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    @...where the wind goes.. @
    Country
    Vietnam
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like

    WSJ Pirate Re: Current Favourite J-Song

    ♥♥♫♥♥ The GazettE ♥♥♫♥♥

    I'm forever in love with their music :3
    Check out one of them: Filth in the Beauty XD

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #355
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Current Favourite J-Song

    Girls Dead Monster - Little Braver
    It wasn't used in the "Angel Beats!" anime itself, but I personally like this song of theirs the best

    @naruto-niichan: I love "Complication" too! Durarara!! has a great bunch of OPs and EDs. "Butterfly" by ON/OFF is great too

  12. #356
    Intl Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member GEshode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    243
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Current Favourite J-Song

    Definitely the opening and ending of the Bakuman anime (Blue Bird and Bakurock). Can't wait for the full versions to come out.

    If you eliminate the impossible, what ever remains, how ever improbable, must be the thruth!
    The GEshode Thread
    The journey, which is called life

  13. #357
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Current Favourite J-Song

    Quote Originally Posted by GEshode View Post
    Definitely the opening and ending of the Bakuman anime (Blue Bird and Bakurock). Can't wait for the full versions to come out.
    Yeah, I like both of them too I was a little disappointed with "Blue Bird" because I've heard much better songs from Kobukuro (am a big fan), but the more I listened to it the more I liked it. I never heard of YA-KYIM before this. It's always nice to find new artistes through anime

    Right now mine's MONKEY MAJIK - Aishiteru ^^ I always find it very cool that Maynard and Blaise are Canadian. I mean when you think of foreigners going to Japan to be singers its usually Asians like the flurry of K-pop artistes like SNSD, Kara, DBSK etc, or even people like Itou Yuna for that matter. And hey, you get non-Engrishy lyrics, which is good I like their style a lot too.

  14. #358
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Current Favourite J-Song

    My new favorite J-song is:

    I’m a huge fan of “The Legend of the Legendary Heroes”, I love that series and I love it even more now that I’ve listened to OP # 2 . The second opening of TLOTLH is “Last Inferno" by Ceui. This song is so beautiful and so full of emotion; it makes me feel a sea of different feelings when I listen to it. The song is sad and hopeful at the same time; I can’t wait to read the lyrics of this incredible song. Here’s the link to it:


    “Last Inferno" by Ceui.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  15. #359
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Café Alpha
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,616
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Current Favourite J-Song

    I watched Paprika yesterday and the soundtrack is just omgbbqwtf awesome

    Paprika-Parade

  16. #360
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ~Coffee~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,117
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Current Favourite J-Song

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    My new favorite J-song is:

    I’m a huge fan of “The Legend of the Legendary Heroes”, I love that series and I love it even more now that I’ve listened to OP # 2 . The second opening of TLOTLH is “Last Inferno" by Ceui. This song is so beautiful and so full of emotion; it makes me feel a sea of different feelings when I listen to it. The song is sad and hopeful at the same time; I can’t wait to read the lyrics of this incredible song. Here’s the link to it:


    “Last Inferno" by Ceui.
    The beginning of the OP helps the dramatics as well, where he is walking and all the magic circles come up~

New Reply
Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts