Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Ichigos Bankai

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • His Bankai is too weak

11 28.21%
  • His Bankai is strong enough

2 5.13%
  • He just need more practice with his Bankai

20 51.28%
  • How cares about the Bankai - Hollowfication ftw

6 15.38%
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you rank the Shikai/Bankai?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

How would you rank the Shikai/Bankai?

My personal ranking for power will be:

Aizen absolute Hypnosis...almost invincible,but a think an element sword can easily beat him if trained well...

Yamamoto's with his fire....(sound a lot Logia type)

Hitsugaya for the same reason before...

Byakuya..absolutely bastard shikai...u can't see his sword...

Soi Fon shikai....two hits and u die(and is only shikai)

Yumichika....suck your spirital power(and is only shikai)....really interested to the extent of this ability and the possible bankai...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Raimaru's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How would you rank the Shikais?

Before I would even start to think about ranking, I would categorise them properly. Not only that you mix Kidou-based shikais with melee combat shikais, you also miss to separate the pure ability from the user's reiatsu level.
    Additionally, what exactly do you mean with "power"?
    Destructive force?
    A scale for deathliness?
    Or maybe the range of destruction?
    Or else, usefulness?
    I don't like this place's current development ... its uniqueness will be reduced to 1/3.
    [hr]Awesome and realistic theory about Madara's biggest secret! (Don't mind the thread title )[hr]MangaHelpers German Thread (v.4)
    MH Boobs Thread (R.I.P.) ;(

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

An absolute ranking besides the reiatsu of the user.....but in the end u can do it like u want,In the end the fights in Bleach doesn't happen following the types of shikais....
    U can rank them for power,or usefulness or everything u want!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Byakuya's shikai just absolutely rapes lesser leveld shinigami bad. I mean, no contest, if you can't use shunpo to avoid it or do something like ichigo's getsuga, you have no chance against it. That said, it just looks cool because it rapes lesser characters, but I'd predict it's useless against characters of vice captain and captain levels.

Anyways, some notables:
    Yamamoto: Um, it can encircle the enemy in flames? I mean, it even trapped aizen, gin, and tousen when they were in the air. That thing has to have a hell of a bankai.

Soifon: Two hit shikai, i think its similar to byakuya, it'd rape lower level characters bad, but not so much against higher levels.

Gin: Very useful shikai no doubt, you can use it as a huge sword and just sweep across lesser enemies, and you can use it as a constant threat even against higher levels like hitsugaya.

Aizen: The lamest shikai, ever, it's like genjutsu in naruto, sure it's good in theory, but to onlookers to a fight (which is what we are in battles), its so lame, they think they kill aizen, but he just appears behind them and cuts them, LAME, but hella powerful.

Komamura: We don't have much info on it, but it pushed kenpachi back real good, seems like a nice brute force shikai.

Mayrui: Eh, being cut from this thing immobilizes you, nuff said. It's another one of those "rapes lower level opponents but is completely ineffective against higher leveled opponents" shikais.

Kira: If you didn't know about this thing's power, well then, your so screwed, your like "ha, he's so slow with the sword, he's barely blocking my attacks", then realize that your sword is 64 times heavier than normal, and you'd be like "WTF?".

Renji: Although i don't like his shikai or bankai very much for lack of creativity, his shikai is pretty good, makes his sword flexible and can be used at longer ranges, and can also be used like an extended sword (similar to gin, but at a much lesser extent). Plus, it's very serrated, so it can cause bad wounds when it is being pulled back.

Matsumoto: Eh, this thing just pwns, it just hits them with like mist and that's it. Seems similar to byakuya's shikai.

Yumichika: Another prime example of, if you don't know of this zanpauto's power, your so screwed.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

1 Aizen
    2 Yamamoto
    3 Urahara
    4 Soi Fon
    5 Kira
    6 Yumichika

Rest aren't really worth mentioning compared to these. The bald guy (i always forget his name) has one of the lamest ones, as does Soi Fon's lieutenant.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How would you rank the Shikai?

As with all ranking threads (threads in which you rank things), you need to post your reasons for your list in addition to your list. Lists without reasons will be deleted. ~ Tsukisama

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1.Aizen-Yeah absolute hypnosis arguably the cheapest thing ever but still...
    2.Yammamoto- His Shikai impressed Gin and I'd say thats something. He was also able to take on both Ukitate and Kyouraku using it and lock Aizen and Co. in a giant fire barrier.
    3.Soifon-Depends really on whether or not she tells her enemy what the secret of her Shikai is. If she doesn't she could probablly get one hit easily and then eventually catch the enemy a second time.
    4.Mayuri- That thing is useful if it's as powerful as he says it is a few hits he could paralyze your arm or leg or whatever. He just needs to not tell them about its power. If he strikes the enemy even for small cuts he could win so easily.
    5.Kira Izuru- Yeah I know he got pwned by Matsamoto but still a few strikes and the enemy would be out. Still the enemy would have to be on his level for this to work if the enemy was hugely powerful then it wouldn't help him much.
    6.Matsumoto- Her Shikai witha bit of training is probably more deadly then Kira's I mean if she releases it before the fight then she can just kill off the enemy in seconds but we haven't seen enough of this ability and whether its detectable.

Meh thats all for now I'll make changes to my list when I'm not so tired

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is everyone making Soi fon's out to be some big deal? Its pretty pussy in my opinion. Sure you poke someone twice and they die, but hell other Shikai's can kill people in one hit if used properly, just cut off the persons head/dolorous stroke.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll do the captains and vice-captains separately because it's difficult to measure all of the "power" of their abilities all at once. Well, for me, it is. I mean, it's like....20 something different characters.

Captains
    1. Aizen - Can't really do much against absolute hypnosis.

2. Yamamoto - Tons of raw power, and that's JUST his shikai. As someone mentioned, he did trap Aizen, Gin, and Tousen with just his shikai ability.

3. Byakuya - It's pretty damaging, but I agree with the point that it wouldn't work against more powerful opponents.

4. Mayuri - Yes, he can paralyze an opponent. But don't forget that the opponent still feels pain. That makes it even more badass.

5. I really wish we knew more about some of the other captains shikais, like Kyouraku or Ukitake.....anyways, Soi Fong has a nice shikai. Two-hit kills...makes you wonder what her bankai could do. I agree with Onomatopoeia; if her opponent knew her ability the fight wouldn't be so easy.

Vice-captains (I just realized we still don't even know the shikai abilities of at least half of the vice-captains...)

1. Matsumoto - Her ash is like Byakuya's sakura, but from what I've seen, it can even invade her opponents' bodies....I think I saw that somewhere. Even if that's not the case, her shikai is pretty darn useful.

2. Kira - Wonderful ability. Hope his opponent doesn't know about it beforehand.
    Last edited by Exodi; July 29, 2008 at 12:28 PM.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

my top 5 fav:

no1. byakuya: its just looks too damn cool with all those peddles
    no2. Matsumoto: similar to byakuya's
    no3. gin: little knife that grows realli long
    no4. yamamoto: shikai is a fire sword that can trap aizen
    no5. aizen: just too cheap and pwnage

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Starky-08's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

My faves

1.Gin - I just had to choose Gin as first, cause all ya gotta do is say "I dare ya to run, I wont even have ta move to kill ya"

2.Kira - Having this one is really handy! Especially if someone releases on you and you act all scared and pretend you can barely block, then BAM! he can barely hold his sword, and you laugh.

3.Soifon - Handy if you hate someone and they call you weak, Stab + Stab = dead

Click Image to Join
    I'm in need of members! and Mods!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Griffith's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

1- Aizen - Cheapest thing ever
    2- Yamamoto - Really strong as has been seen, although it could be this strong because its Yamamoto who's wielding it, still elemental manipulation is really strong just check One Piece.
    3- Mayuri - Powerful, useful and mysterious, can paralyze and turn Mayuri into water to escape, and I bet it can do many more things after seeing what a twisted genius Mayuri is.
    4- Byakuya - Fast and deadly.
    5- Yumichika - We don't know much about it except that it sucks the reiatsu, now if that didnt have a limit I guess it could be used like draining and then releasing or storing, that is either fire it like a cero or using it to heal maybe.

Btw everyone seems to like Kira's shikai but people like Byakuya wouldn't have any problem or any kidou user, really.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, does yumichicka's shikai absorb energy, or reiatsu? I may be wrong, but I thought it said energy...

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffith View Post
    Yumichika - We don't know much about it except that it sucks the reiatsu, now if that didnt have a limit I guess it could be used like draining and then releasing or storing, that is either fire it like a cero or using it to heal maybe..

To heal for sure,before using that power he was wounded by Shuuei but after realising....he won, and he came back to Zaraki all healed up and full of energy!If the extent of his Shikai can go even beyond only that it would be more than amazing!!!

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Ichigo's Bankai the weakest ?

Hi,

the Captains were able to defeat Espadas by "just" using their bankais.
    Almost everytime when Ichigo is fighting he fights with his bankai - he starts his fights almost everytime in his bankai-state but it seems that this is not enough to win. If he wants to beat a strong guy he has to activate his Hollow-Mask (even when he just fighting a ex-espada http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/250/20/ http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/253/17/).

Is Ichigo´s Bankai really so weak or it´s just because the Captain have more practice with their Bankais ?

What do you think ?
    Last edited by sindergi; June 29, 2009 at 08:00 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast