Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Battle of the Four Pillars

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Battle of the Four Pillars

Quote Originally Posted by Basil Hawkins View Post
    How would I like to see it go?Don't care really as long as they end QUICKLY.
    @Flight-47 You are talking 'bout the VC who got one hit KO by Ichigo?

Agreed. I really want to see Ichigo and Ulquiorra fight.

And the 1st squad VC is indeed the one Ichigo one-hit KO'd.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, the 2nd and 4th squad VC's also got 1hkoed. But then again, 2nd squad VC is a fatass and probably awful in combat, and 4th squad is not exactly a combat squad, so not an amazing showing for 1st squad VC lol. But the captains all have their own reason for choosing their VC, could be for their intelligence, valuability as an assistant, etc. not just combat skill.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flight-47 View Post
    Yumichika's Shikai ability is sort of an unfair one.
    It literally drains spiritual energy, leaving the enemy weakened and unable to battle.

Hisage has no need to use Bankai, in fact the ONLY Vice Captain currently in the Winter War that deserves a Bankai is the 1st Squad VC, given that he is only one step under Genryuusai. (not counting the other Captains of course).
    He may very well even be stronger than some Captains (such as Hitsugaya, and Mayuri).

I'm gonna guess that a lot of the Shinigami will lose these fights, otherwise Aizen wouldn't be as confident as he was.
    You mean the guy who got one hit Ko'ed by Ichigo with his Fist?? And remember the group he was put in the same group as the 4th squad Vice(healing) and the guy who only became a Vice because he was from a noble family? In comparison Matsumoto took Gin's Shikai at full power without using anything but her sword. He may very well be one of the weakest VCs. And seriously people Hitsugaya and (more importantly)Mayuri are not weak. So shush about that.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Starky-08's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Althoug the 2 of them may not be weak, they are among one of the weakest Captains, I do think Yama picked Sasakibe to be his vice for a reason, the only reason he got one hit Ko'ed by ichigo was because, Ichigio pwned Omaeda, this shocked Sasakibe and let his guard down, so we do not know the strenght of his Zanpakuto, I would say he's more powerful than some Vice-Captains.

Click Image to Join
    I'm in need of members! and Mods!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone who gets taken out by a fist from Ichigo does not deserve to be equal to any Captain and most VCs. You guys are going purely on the fact that the VC you choose has to be strong. VCs are chosen for a number of reasons not just because of strength. Look at Nemu, Yachiru, Omaeda,Hinamori, and (possibly) Nanoa.
    Last edited by Onomatopoeia; August 12, 2008 at 03:01 PM.

Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Both Nemu and Yachiru are strong, and like I said Sasakibe was caught of guard.

Click Image to Join

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ryanzokuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Momo is also pretty strong, or at least she seems relatively capable. we know her kido skills are top notch, and her shikai is quite something! but she's still an annoying little...err...anyways...

but about Hitsugaya, i must disagree. judging from what we've seen, i would actually place him as THE weakest current captain. he may be a prodigy among other shinigami of his own age, but among the rest of the captains, he's still the small fry.

i won't go into details or explanation, as that would be off topic.

Mayuri certainly isn't weak. well, he may be weak, raw power and fighting skill wise, but his intelligence and creepy inventions and tactics make him dangerous and deadly.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Being a captain makes it easy for you to absolutely show up those weaker than you, unless your like Hitsugaya, who seems to be serious about any situation. BUt like I said, Ichigo could take them out with just a fist becuase he knows Shunpo, Renji can't use shunpo,a nd most (if not all, I think that matsumoto might have used shunpo) VCs don't know shunpo. People like byakuya have a particularly easy time showing up those weaker than them, his shikai will cut a man up to shreds (read, ganju), and his kidou without enchantment makes him seem super strong to those weaker than him.

So basically, my point is that people of captain levels can make those weaker than them look absolutely helpless, they are just on that different a level.

Anyways, still waiting anxiously for Ikkaku's fight to be over (I'm predicting he will go next since we have already seeen him in battle a bunch) so we can get to the juicy ones, kira and hisagi.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

If izuru slashes his enemy, does the entire body of his enemy doubles his weight or just the limb he slashed?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Starky-08 View Post
    Both Nemu and Yachiru are strong, and like I said Sasakibe was caught of guard.

Find proof that Nemu and Yachiru have fought anyone at VC level or above equally. Until then thats just speculation pure and simple. Sasakibe on the other hand has been Ko'ed by a one handed Ichigo. That doesn't on any level scream captain level. That proves pure and simple that he doesn't have Captain Level Strength or Stamina.

As for Momo as much as I like that crazy girl well Aizen said it himself that he chose her only because she was useful to him. She got pimp slapped by Hitsugaya. She's defintely not VC level.
    Last edited by Onomatopoeia; August 13, 2008 at 12:49 AM.

Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Yachiru - She may not have fought anyone but you can tell her Reitsu while Ichigo and Kenpaichi are fighting when that messenger comes, you could see her reitsu in the shape of a Pink cat, foreshadowing her Shikai.

Nemu - She kicked Ishida's ass(It could have been a filler though I'm not sure) who is at least Vice-Captain level, I can easily be proved wrong here, if it was a filler.

Momo - She is Vice-Captain level as noted by Toushiro "With much hard work" just to become a Vice-Captain, that was before Aizen chose her.

Sasakibe - Your also forgetting that Ichigo is at Captain level, and I wasn't the one who said Sasakibe was Captain level, I just said he was more powerful than other Vice-Captains, none of the Vice Captains could have beaten Ichigo at that time.

Click Image to Join

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: igotthegoods
    this thread is getting very off-topic ^^; please remember that any general discussion about vice-captains unrelated to the battle of the four pillars should be done in this thread. thank you.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So, who do y'lall think will have the last fight? I think it's gonna be hisagi because we havn't seen his shikai before, and I just have a hunch that he is more powerful than he seems (from being beaten by Yumi's shikai so easily). I mean, look at it, everybody with ichigo's hair so far has been powerful, Ichigo is obviously powerful, shiba kaien was a prodigy of his times as kukaku said, and hisagi was also a prodigy at the shinigami academy, i just have a feeling that he'll be powerful.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Baka_Desu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems that Kubo-san has planned the plot very carefully this time.
    I mean,look at how the battle is going!Each Shinigami is locked in combat with the perfect opponent that they are suited to defeat,at least it seems that way,it's like the Baragan's 'Four Dragons' are having their strengths,which are usually effective,nullified by Yamamoto's 'Skilled Fighters'.Though Hisagi seems to have some trouble with his opponent,I think this battle will soon be over.

わすれないよ どんな時も あの日キミと 笑ったことを

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think hisagi is having trouble with his oponent so far. His oponent is simply fighting at the standard levels diferent seats have, with the last so far being VC level, so worst case scenario here is that he fights at hisagi's level (personaly I think hisagi is stronger than a regular VC but not nearly as powerfull as a captain).
    Hisagi has shown in the past how good he is at melee combat, seeing how he easily handled yumuchika until he released his zanpakutou.
    I think the battle will go like this: Arranca fights at VC level but hisagi is still a little stronger than him, later on arrancar releases his zampakutou and hisagi is overpowered. Finaly hisagi releases his sword uses his special ability and wins the fight.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast