Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the best & worst battles in Bleach so far?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach What are the best & worst battles in Bleach so far?

I think for myself it would have to be the Ichigo vs. Kenpachi battle. I think the "foreplay," so to speak, was the most delicious part of the battle to me. The suspenseful beginning - the enormous spiritual presence weighing on Ichigo's shoulders, the fear clawing at his heart of some powerful enemy lurking nearby. Kenpachi finally shows up, and it takes a while for Ichigo to finally conquer his fear and to work together with his Zangetsu and beat the crazy battle-hungry dude.

Second favorite would have to be the Hitsugaya vs. Gin battle, though it was brief, but it's the only taste of real battle we've seen with Gin (not to mention he actually opened his eyes!) - and Hitsugaya made an impressive enough showing for it to be memorable. Who'll ever forget that kid jumping into the air surrounded by a spiralling ice dragon?

Third favorite was the struggle between Renji and Byakuya. Equally as dramatic as Kenpachi and Ichigo.

Battle I would have loved to see more of would have to be the two-on-one battle between Genryuusai and Shunsui & Ukitake.

Meijin no Kori

Re: What's your favorite battle in Bleach so far?

My favorite would be Renji vs. Byakuya. Just the use of their Ban-Kais was awesome and I really enjoyed the fight.

My second favorite would also be Hitsugaya vs. Gin. I thought that was a great battle and wished that Matsumoto hadn't interupted so that it could have continued (this is the only reason it's in second; it ended prematurely). I also got curious about their Ban-Kais there and just wished we could have seen them there.

Hmm, third... That's tough. XD I guess my third favorite would either be Ichigo vs. Renji (in SS, of course) or Ichigo vs. Byakuya (although, I guess I liked Ichigo vs. Byakuya more). Both fights were equally awesome, IMO, and I just whish that Ichigo and Renji could have fought with their Ban-Kais there. That would have been an awesome fight. XD And Byakuya's Ban-Kai ansd such were awesome in his fight against Ichigo.

And finally in fifth, would be Kenpachi vs. Tousen. Kenpachi was resourceful there and it was interesting to see how he fought without his senses. It was a good fight, IMO.

Spoiler: Spoiler tagged, just in case show

Edit: Forgot about Ishida vs. Mayuri. XD In that case, it would be:
    1. Renji vs. Byakuya
    2. Hitsugaya vs. Gin
    3. Ichigo vs. Byakuya
    4. Ishida vs. Mayuuri.
    5. Renji vs. Ichigo
    6. Tousen vs. Kenpachi
    Spoiler show

And yes, I agree. I also wanted to see more of the Genryuusai vs. Shunsui & Ukitake fight. That could have been awesome to see, but oh well.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo vs. Byakuga

Spoiler show
    My Personal Naruto Blog: NarutoSharingan<br />BRAND SPANKING NEW!!!!
    <br /><br />
    Spoiler: What should have happened to Sai! show

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Dragonzair's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm being very biased here, but wtf.

My most favourite has to be the fight between Urahara and Ichigo. That was the very first time we get to see Urahara getting all serious. And it's the first time we get to see his Soul Cutter

Benihime is pure ownage. O_O Ichigo seemed to have underestimated Urahara at this point too. Ichigo also was able to learn his Zanpaktou;s name here, hich just made it all the more interesting.

It wasn't really a battle, but more like a training but whatever XD

Spoiler show

Another fave, was Yoruichi's and Soi Fong's fight. Heck, Yoruichi didn't even use her Soul Cutter yet she defeated Soi Fong. XD

Last fave? Shunsui and Ukitake's fight against Yamamoto. Those twin swords just blew my mind. XD It got me soo frikkin excited.

"Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, my favourite one is the Yoruichi vs Soi Fong fight. Coming close behind is Ichigo vs Byakuya.

MH's Peacemaker 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Leen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo VS Byakuya

I am impressed by how Ichigo managed to master bankai in three days and then go on fighting against one of the strongest captain in Gotei 13. That is also the first time we see the annihilationscape thing. Senbozakura kageyoshi is another great view and bankai. I like how Byakuya just stand there attcking and defending at the same time while Ichigo runs here and there looking for opening to attack Byakuya. If it is not because of the hollow in Ichigo, he would have lose that match to nii sama. This fight also enables us to understand the reason behind Byakuya's cold reaction towards Rukia's execution and later how he saved her from Gin. It's a great fight.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the Ichigo vs. Renji fight because both really did get out of themselves. Ichigo managed to improve much by this fight, too.
    Same goes for the Ichigo vs. Kenpachi fight. The creepy atmosphere and foreplay definitely matches the whole scene.

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Shunsui and Ukitake ( some of my favourite captains ) vs Yamamoto
    Those few moments of "No talking, only fighting" where cool enough to make it a fav
    or
    Yoruichi vs Soi Fon
    That last fight was so heavy, that "it does have a name..."-line gave me just some awesome movie moment feeling ^^

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What's your favorite battle in Bleach so far?

Yes, I agree that Benihime is awesome...Urahara is awesome, so he deserves an equally as awesome Zanpaktou.

The best fight so far had to be Kenpachi vs. Ichigo. The build up to the fight (and not to mention the amusement) of Kenpachi and Yachiru (she's so awesome by the way) running through Soul Society trying to find Ichigo, the little run in with Kurotsuchi, and to his first blast of spiritual pressure on Ichigo...it was all almost as great as the fight itself. That was the first fight where I was actually on the edge of my seat wondering how Ichigo was going to survive.

The one fight I was DYING to see was Shunsui and Juushiro vs. Yama-jii...I guess we have to leave that to the imagination.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

My favourites then xD

1. Ichigo vs Byakuya - the battle which owns everything which I so to that and to the date of manga or anime xD It was good, how Ichigo shows his bankai, and furthermore, the best of all, bankai of Kuchiki Byakuya in every aspect, and his techniques. This fights owns everything forme

2. Ishida vs Mayuri - it was balanced fight. Once they stop talking, they have very dynamic fight, espceialy because of Ishida's powers in the end. He was "God" at that time, and his combo move with shoting arrow, Mayuri dodging, and than another from the top to Mayuri, awesome ^^

3. Ichigo vs Zaraki - really intersting battle, but not because of Ichigo ;p but because of Zaraki Kenpachi and his psycho. He rocks xD

4. Renji vs Byakuya - short, but interesting fight. But also that fight shows how far Renji was at that time to Kuchiki xDxD

5. Gin vs Hitsu - in my opinion very very dynamic fight (but seriously, only in anime, in manga is too short).

There are aother superb fights, but this probably are the best for me. I also remmebr some time ago, when the two episodes with fight Ichi vs Byakuya were aired, that i watched that day by day by some 20 times <maniac of that time> xD
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine are

1-Ichigo v Byakuya

2-Ichigo v Zaraki

3-Ishida v Mayuri

4-Renji v Byakuya

5-Ikkaku vs. Eduardo. 1-4 are talked about in the above posts but Ikkaku vs. Eduardo oh man was that fight awesome or what!! Ikkaku's bankai looked scary with the huge blades and cool with the the dragon releasing its dye...the blood...the cuts...just fantastic fight

Favourite Minor fights/incomplete:
    when Yourucki bitch slapped Yammy
    When Ichigo cut Yammy's arm
    Isshin cutting Grand Fisher in half
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Urahara vs Ichigo (while training) was a greaat battle!Of course then Ichigo vs Kenpachi and Ichi VS Byakoua owned cause it had many turnovers!!Finally i enjoyed the
    Spoiler show
    especially in those two scenes: Ichigo was really badass there

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo vs. Byakuya battle is the best in manga and anime
    all spelling mistakes are copyrighted to mars0103

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

in the manga: it was ichigo vs zaraki, but somehow I was dissapointed in the animation of it (do not ask me why)

so for anime: ichigo vs byakuya
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

kurosaki vs grand fisher pre-arancar

I can't wait for this one to be adapted in anime

New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast