Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: What are the best & worst battles in Bleach so far?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fav/worst combat battle so far?

Favorites? Ichigo battles were kick-ass. Ichigo vs Kenpachi, Ichigo vs Byakuya, Ichigo vs Grimmjow, Ichigo vs Ulquiorra...

Now, worst battles...

Kyoraku vs Starrk: So Starrk is the #1 Espada, and he is a genius that analyze each attack of Kyoraku. But look, Kyoraku was playing with him, he could have killed him in 3 seconds to begin with. So what was the point with this battle, wasting time?

Histsugaya vs Hannibel: So Hitsugaya couldn't take the "pseudo Espada" Luppi, but managed to fight Hannibel? What's the point of building the Espada power and ranking so far, to eventually randomically adjust Hitsugaya powerlevel to win the battle?

Aizen vs everyone: I have more fun watching my 7 years old cousing playing videogame with cheat codes.

There is something annoying about the Soul Society arc, isn't it? The funny thing is that it only require some small adjusts. For example, if Kyoraku insted of being injuried from Starrk blank shot, was healed by the Vizard, and used his Bankai in the end? That would have been a kick-ass fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member vongola_x's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, the Ichigo/Byakuya fight was probably the best battle so far. I felt like there was so much more emotion invested into that fight than many of the others showcased thus far, so it holds a bit more significance for me.

As for the worst, I agree Fox in saying that the Kyoraku/Starrk battle holds that title. There was just so much potential for it to be great that wasn't lived up to imo.

"To flourish or to perish... that is up to you, Vongola Decimo."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it all depends...If its anime fights then its
    1. Vaizard Ichigo vs Panthera Grimmjow- my fav fight of all time in any anime...EVER
    2. Ichigo vs Byakuya - 2nd fav battle of all time
    3. Hisagi vs Findor...pure epicness...One of my fav episodes of Bleach
    4. Byakuya vs Kouga- what other anime has filler of this caliber???
    5. Ikkaku vs Edorard- when he said Bankai i nearly jizzed all over myself
    6. Ichigo vs Kenpachi..No abilities, no strategies..Just a good old fashion sword fight / slash fest
    7. Tousen vs Hisagi and Koma- epic in every way
    8. Byakuya vs Zommari
    9. Ishida vs Mayuri that final form like Ichigo's own was a force to be reckoned with
    10. Renji and Zabimaru vs Byakuya and Senbonsakura ( Zanpaktou rebellion Arc)

Hated
    1. Nnoitra vs Nel
    2. Coolhorn vs Yumichika
    3. Ichigo vs the head assasin in the Captain Amagai Shuusue Arc

If its manga then its the same top 3, and number 4 would be Aizen vs SS and Vaizards and 5 would be Aizen vs Isshin, Shinji and Yoruichi...6 would continue from Edorad vs Ikkaku etc etc...Manga fights i hated are obviously the same...
    Last edited by vizardichigo; September 28, 2010 at 02:48 AM.
    Thank You Kubo...You have proven once and for all, that Yamamoto Genryuusai is STRONGER THAN AIZEN SOUSUKE despite what the fanboys think

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xsoteria's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

I would just like to add the last fight between Ichigo and Aizen to the most hated list. Definitely one of the worst major fights so far.
    Brigands demand your money or your life; women require both.
    Better be nice to them

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite: Ichigo vs. Byakuya in SS

Least: Ichigo vs. Aizen the most recent.

It was short and boring. We didn't get to see enough of Ichigo show cased and honestly the anticlimactic ending ruined the whole thing for me. I mean come on he blew all his power on Aizen and didn't kill him. Just meh.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ShadowFlame's Avatar
    Country
    Qatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Fav/worst combat battle so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Totally agree with Eddy, there was not a bad fight in all of the SS Arc. That doesn't stop Kenpachi vs. Ichigo from being my favorite:

Favorites:
    • Kenpachi vs. Ichigo: the epitome of a great Bleach fight. The art was dynamic, the fight was ferocious, the dialog was great, and there was more to it than my super power is greater than yours. The whole fight was about resolve, the irresistible force verse the unmovable mountain.
    • Byakuya vs. Zomari: Seems forgotten but the highlight of Hueco Mundo to me. The speed blitz at the beginning was cool, Zomari's release was very cool. But the best thing was Byakuya maiming himself to keep Zomari from controlling his limbs. Find me a more gar moment in Bleach, I dare you.
    • Rukia vs. Aaroniero: So much emotion to this fight, another non-hax one. Rukia confronting her guilt over Kaien's death was amazing, one of the better emotional moments post-SS. And seeing nejibana made it even better.

Hated
    • Kenpachi vs. Nnoitra: Every Kenpachi fight should be a battle of manliness. The only thing involved should be I can hack and slash better than you, and take more of a beating and get up. This lived up to that but had to have the lamest ending of any fight in any manga: using two hands is not a secret technique. I'm sorry. Yes it gives your swing more strength, but did we need a cliffhanger to see it. x_X
    • Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra: Two of my favorite characters in a battle of hax. I hated everything about this fight; that one of my favorite character was getting wasted, that the R1 vs. bankai part was boring, Ichigonator. Only redeeming quality was how cool R2 looked.
    • Szayel vs. Renji, Szayel vs. Renji and Ishida: To lame to say why I hated it. Once Mayuri showed up it got cool, at least.
    I loved your post but i beg to disagree about Ken v Noitra (and ichi vs uloquirra too, everybody loves shiny horny new demon forms ;P): that was an epic battle of epic proportions of what I would call "manliness, hack and slash better than you, and take more of a beating and get up" fight for which we have fallen in love with Kenpachi.

However an epic battle of such style would have lost if Kubo only had i get back and hack you more in it. The ending was great because it showed us how nnoitra had not changed since Nel, and he still thought he was arrogant and the best. But we got a good quick cliffhanger ending albeit a stupid one ill agree (oh ive got ..two h..hands ...) however we got to see that zaraki was different even a little bit than noitra because he was willing to change his "inherent style" of hack and slash and showed that he could listen to his superiors who have more skill and experience. Which also showed that unlike noitra he was not as happy to have only raw power and no friends including his own zanpukto which is a part of himself.

SO in that fight we got two birds with one stone epic Kenpachi style Manly-ness matched equally by almost epic Hollow style brute power AND a nice (albeit abrupt) unexpected philosophy style emotional ending.
    Last edited by ShadowFlame; October 01, 2010 at 08:37 AM.
    "this is a great bleepin deal" - Che Ve Biden\n/n\/n

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cyber34's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What are the best & worst battles in Bleach so far?

Favorite Battles:

1. Ichigo vs Byakuya Round 3: This is the battle that got me interested in Bleach.

2. Grimmjow vs Ichigo Round 3: A rare battle in Bleach where neither opponent is trying to talk the other to death. As much as I like this battle I do hate its ending. The end of this fight foreshadowed how all Ichigo's future fights would end against his worst enemies. No matter how many times his enemies kicked his ass, endangered his loved ones, or verbally disrespected him, when he eventually beat them he would never kill them completely, Ginjou being an exception.

3. Hollow Ichigo vs Hiyori: Even though it only lasted a couple of seconds it was epic and the fight made Hiyori understand why Ichigo was afraid to release his hollow side.

4. Aizen vs Captains: Seeing all those Captains getting owned and humbled was entertaining.

5. Shikai Ichigo vs Zangetsu Bankai Training Fight: Even though we never saw the ending I enjoyed it.

Worst Battles

1. Ichigo vs Ulquirra: There are so many things that SUCK about this fight that I don't have the patience to take time and mention it all in this post.

2. Shunsui vs Starrk: More talk than action.

3. Ichigo vs Aizen Round 2: I had high expectations for this fight after Ichigo gained twice the reiatsu of a normal captain, but it was just more of Aizen demonstrating his superiority.

4. Hitsugaya vs Espada 3: Hitsugaya's power somehow dramatically increases to take on the third ranked Espada, and the fight still sucked.

5. Ichigo vs Aizen Round 3: Even though it was entertaining seeing Ichigo dominate this fight the ending killed its entertainment value for me.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bromamura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Best:
    • Yamamoto vs Allon. It was short, fun, with a lot of badassery involved and great art. RJ is visually stunning.
    • Byakuya vs Zonmari, as dumb as the latter is, he's entertaining. Byakuya's bankai is also good for the eyes.
    • Ichigo vs Byakuya
    Worst:
    • Aizen vs anyone.
    • Omaeda vs nigrehdhchd padjhfdjfj whatshisfacewhateverhisnameis.
    • Ichigo vs anyone besides Byakuya, Grimmjow and Ulquiorra.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Worst Battle
    Starrk vs Shinigami he fought ='( just know we love you Starrk but kubo didn't.
    Gin vs Aizen....Rlly simple switch up of bankia's ability to get killed in the dirtiest manner in bleach Smh Kubo butcher's good characters
    Aizen vs captains.....Makes no sense the way he used Hinamori when in the hell could he have switched and Ichigo yells after they stab the poor girl..smh
    Hitsugaya vs 11th Arrancar major plot hole in bleach it should be omitted
    Barrragan vs Soifon......Stupid ass bankia for Soifon and i just hate everything about this lame fight....uuggh sooo lame

BEST FIGHTS
    Kenpachi vs Ichigo...slash,slash,,slash,,, blood spray,,Kenpachi laughs
    Ichigo vs Grimjow
    Findor vs Hisagi
    Ichigo vs Ulq......Ulq made everybody despair with his 2nd release and Ichigo's hollow form is beast
    Kenpachi vs Noi.......only cause the battle got better after Noi's release and that Kendo swing Woot!!

New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9