Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 12 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Beelzebub Hangout Thread

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member squirrellord's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub by Tamura Ryuhei

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Randal 105 View Post
    I think the humor declined a little, but it's still interesting. It's a lot more plot driven than most gag manga.
    hard to follow up the epic-level funny of constant pissing
    -Sorry, I'm not available for group projects

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by koenosaki View Post
    I don't agree with the people saying this will be a 100% gag manga. I think this one has the elements to become something like mx0 (its start reminded me of it in a similar way) - kinda exceptional in jump landscape but very awesome: genre mixed manga (and mark my words it's going to be like that and I am going to love this so muuuuuuucccchhhh)
    -> what did I tell before. This isn't going to be a gag manga. There'll certainly be some gag chapters later on. This manga is going to stick with one main plot/element and it'll build on it with different mini-arcs with all kind of genres No heavy overproduced long arcs. This will be smooth as it started and still is
    Last edited by Koen; April 05, 2009 at 10:50 AM.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems almost like it's going one for one so far on the gag/plot chapters.

Chapter 1 is mostly gag, Chapter 2 is a little more fighting-centric, Chapter 3 is gag again, chapter 4 continues the thread from chapter 2, etc.

The only real exception is this one, since it's a direct continuation from the last chapter.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... I guess chapter seven kills the idea that the higher-level/human demons are superhuman. Anyway, I'm looking forward to future chapters.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member LNsu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In a story where the Demon Lord is contemplating the end of the world with his buddies over video games and is persuaded by lazy procrastination, then we have a gag manga in our hands. Albeit able to hold a interesting plot and story, I rather not see this manga try at being in-depth after setting up the story in such a way.
    I already love it the way it is.
    As time passes, the day will come when everything will fade to memories.
    But those miraculous days will continue, revolving forever, in my heart as my bittersweet memory.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm slowly losing interest in it, and not just because of my gag preference. Mainly it's because it's beginning to show limits to where it can be for now, and i liked the lack of metaphorical ceiling over it's head the first 5 chapters had.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

goddamn chapter 8.

Oga has to be my favorite Jump protagonist in who knows how long.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Randal 105 View Post
    I think the humor declined a little, but it's still interesting. It's a lot more plot driven than most gag manga.
    That's probably why i like it.
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

MUSTACHED TRANSFER DEMON (Alaindelon) continues to be my favorite supporting character

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

my opinion on it keeps changing page by page. kinda glad i dropped it for that fact.

but as long as alain delon and furuichi feature extensively it'll have a solid place in my heart

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles Loves You View Post
    my opinion on it keeps changing page by page. kinda glad i dropped it for that fact.

but as long as alain delon and furuichi feature extensively it'll have a solid place in my heart
    Do you drop it just because it isn't the gag manga or because its genre wasn't what you expected to be?

If I were you, I would have more patience. This thing isn't generic, yeat it isn't awesome either. Let's say it's a decent read but I wouldn't see any reason to drop it. I really think this will be a mixed genre manga
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i dropped it simply for the sake of my mental health, lightening my workload and going on a hiatus. i too think it's still a gag manga with action as part of it's medium. just too large each week to deal with when theres two groups doing each chapter a week anyway

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by koenosaki View Post
    Do you drop it just because it isn't the gag manga or because its genre wasn't what you expected to be?

If I were you, I would have more patience. This thing isn't generic, yeat it isn't awesome either. Let's say it's a decent read but I wouldn't see any reason to drop it. I really think this will be a mixed genre manga
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles Loves You View Post
    i dropped it simply for the sake of my mental health, lightening my workload and going on a hiatus. i too think it's still a gag manga with action as part of it's medium. just too large each week to deal with when theres two groups doing each chapter a week anyway
    Koen, I believe Noodles meant that he dropped it as a project. Meaning he stopped scanlating it.

Anyways, this last chapter was OK, but so far the story isn't very defined. Is it going to be episodic? Or plot-driven? At first it seemed to be Gintama or Sket Dance-like, but now I'm not so sure.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking in the end it'll be plot-driven, gary. but not now. like, some 2 volumes worth of nonsense, and then it'll build up to include certain tasks, etc. like reborn or some other shounen...

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Koen, I believe Noodles meant that he dropped it as a project. Meaning he stopped scanlating it.

Anyways, this last chapter was OK, but so far the story isn't very defined. Is it going to be episodic? Or plot-driven? At first it seemed to be Gintama or Sket Dance-like, but now I'm not so sure.
    Oh okay, I completely misunderstood. Sorry noodles. It must have been his previous post about losing interest that made me believe he dropped the manga. Stupid me, it was the project.

And I just want to point out that both can go along. I don't understand what you mean with episodic but Mx0 was a manga that had a main plot. Though being plot driven, mx0 felt as being episodic (with its different short arcs and genre) ^^. I really tend to believe beelzebub is going to walk a similar (not the same) way. It has main plot but it will build on it thorugh short arcs (once with comedy, once with action, etc).
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Thread Closed
Page 12 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast