Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Hataraki Man by ANNO Moyoko

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member miyavisoap's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hataraki Man by ANNO Moyoko

Hataraki Man (a.k.a Working Man) by Moyoco Anno

Synopsis:

"Hiroko Matsukata is a woman who works for a magazine company. She puts all she has into her work, and is known as a strong, straight-forward working girl, who can at will turn herself into Hataraki man (working man) mode.
    Despite Hiroko's success at work, her life lacks romance. Even though a hard worker, she'd leave early anytime to go on a date. Too bad her boyfriend is even bigger a workaholic than Hiroko."

Title: Hataraki Man 働きマン
    Authored by: Moyoco Anno
    Genre: Josei, Slice-of-life, Drama
    Japanese Release: Ongoing (~Vol 4~)

-----------------------

Hataraki Man was a HUGE hit in Japan. I didn't like the title "working" man, but my friends all kinda forced me to read it. And guess what? It was great! No high school dramas (doesn't mean that I don't like them lol) and no weak, princess-like girls. Hiroko is a great example of strong women that are wayyy out there. It can be a little weird seeing all the busy people working for a magazine when you are used to reading Ouran or SA. But, trust me!!!! This one's awesome!

((Any raws or information sharing would be great ^^))

Queen of The Damned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Nami's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hataraki Man by Moyoco Anno

Hataraki Man! There IS a drama series for it?? How is the show? Is it funny or serious?

Entropy is currently doing this series up till Vol. 1. I find it hard to follow since each chapter is a bit too short, and some of the challenges she faced in the manga is not that straight forward. I think maybe we need to know a bit more of japan working culture before fully appreciating this series? Anyway, saw some 'make-up' or beauty book with Hiroku on the cover. That's good money making business

▲Away till end June. ▲

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member miyavisoap's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hataraki Man by Moyoco Anno

Haha, yeah, i saw the beauty book thing too. it's pretty popular in japan and korea.
    and i didnt know that anyone was working on this one. i may be able to get raws for volume 2 and 3 (and maybe 4).
    the show is really good. i actually watched the show first and then read the manga.
    and each chapter is very short so unless you read it by volumes, it's tough to go along...

New Reply