Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
Page 1 of 232 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Discussion/Prediction Threads

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member cobra2150's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle Discussion (possible spoilers)

Well lets see I think the name says it all, but i decided to make it in a new thread as to not spoil the manga for anyone that has not already read up to the current chapter. Also I wanted to discuss some things that I have seen and am wondering what everyone else thought as well. So please if you have any questions, need a clarifications on something or just need to make a statement about something that you saw please post it here.

Well I guess the main thing on my mind is from chapter 116 when Syaoran2 and The Dimensional Witch are having a conversation about him wanting something. I find it interesting that she said that his price had already been paid with "your relationship" as well as "freedom and time". This made me think of something, in the past worlds we have seen that time flows differently in different worlds and that you can even travel through time as well as dimensions (going to a world before you were their to begin with, you should know what I am refering to). Well the relationship thing got me thinking, it would be strange if two Syaorans paid the same price so what if it was the same Syaoran just from the future (well the future of Syaoran1 that is) and the dream that must end is refering to the dream that both Sakura and Sakura got pulled into, and if that dream never ends the journey will never be finished hampering both Syaoran's goals as well as the Clow children's goals. So the reason Syaoran2 went and told Kamui that he would never give him the feather is that Syaoran1 lost the fight (and prolly his eye as well (note eyepatch)).

Well here is the heart of it is Syaoran2 good or bad, did he come back to get rid of Syaoron1 or did he come back to prevent himself from being made (see paragraph above). Well if you need clarification on anything that I said please let me know, as it is a little hard to explain, hope I did a good job, and look forward to seeing what everyone else thinks.

~ Moved to LeCourt Library - Ibra87

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner herolove's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle Discussion (possible spoilers)

Hawe you notesed aboute ther eyes. One of them has the rithe and the other one the left. (if I am wrong pleas say it) My theory is that they (the eyes) come from the same plase as from one of the Syaorans.
    (sory aboute the spelling)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I do see that going back now... but then in the last chapter, if the Sayoans are different why is he trying to protect the feathers as well and get them back... because Kamui says that "you're a different person". so the question is what the heck is going on.... could they be the same person, different people, or could it be some weird kind of split personality that has manafested into real life (this time noting that the eyes they can't use are on different sides.) That would make some weird kind of sense... but donno....

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the 2nd Syaoran is his past.

Personally, I think the 2nd Syaoran is really Syaoran himself. Syaoran's eariest memory was of himself bundled up in bandages on an alley in the pouring rain, where he said he just kind of "woke up" into. He has no real memory of what happened before that. Somehow, I think he was split in two, with one half of him got away having no memory of the past, while another was still held and sealed up with the memories of the past. "I must get it back, no matter what..."

Syaoran was just the name given to him by his adopted father. He could of had another name in the past [Li??], though he'll probably keep Syaoran even when he discovers the truth of his past.

Now whether the second Syaoran is good or bad, I don't know. I think he's good, but I'm not positive. Clow Reed told Sakura in a memory that "this boy has suffered in the past, though he does not know it yet. He has made a lot of progress, but there is a part of him that is still cold and unfeeling. What he needs is someone with a smile warm enough to melt that."

Oh, and Kudos for the scans Cobra.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well first of all thanks for the Kudos, secondly welcome to the mangahelpers forums and to the Tsubasa forms.

The way you are looking at it is also another posibility of the same person theory which also works out better with the eyes being on different sides. The only thing I don't understand, correct me if I am misunderstanding your post, is that he was seeking to regain his memories. In the last chapter so far, 118, he says "I wont hand over the feather, I need to get them all back, no matter what" this seems to me at least in some part that he is seeking to get the feathers back for Sakura as well.

Another question... if they are the same person split in either the future or the past why would Syaoran2 try to strangle Syaoran1 and probally inflict bodily harm in other ways it seems like.

Oh and on another note, this is not the first time that Syaoran2 has come to the rescue os Syaoran1 to retrieve a feather, remember in the previous world he defeated the soldat so that he could retrieve the feather from the book. So this makes me think what he is trying to recover is the feathers, this makes me think that he is most likely good, or could he be like Clow's children and seeking to control Sakura's power.

Also what is the dream that they are talking about must end...

Lot of questions that are yet to be answered in this manga, should be fun to see how it progresses.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh indeed. There are many answers that are left to be answered.

On the idea of Clow's children... Sakura was the daughter of Clow Reed, right? Fei Wang Reed is the descendent of Clow Reed, true? I wonder how they are connected... But I'm guessing, that the "dream" is something that Fei Wang Reed wants is something that either involves all the dimensions to one or something with altering either the past or future. To me, ruling all the worlds seems like too small a goal for him. I don't know...

Hmmm. Now while Syaoran has lost the "relationship", thus far he still seems to have his "time" and "freedom" (I'll say this because he wasn't sealed away for who knows how long the other one was). It was interesting that Yuuko separated "time" and "freedom" from "the relationship" when she told him her price. The other Syaoran had none of this, so I'm going to guess that he is going to Syaoran for either memories, that right eye (Syaoran's right eye hurts when he sees him in dreams) or join himself to Syaoran for "self", since to me, Syaoran is his future and self, while the other Syaoran is the past of Syaoran. "Without a past, and unable to see the future, I am in the present, believing in myself."

Also, I have no clue what is the other Syaoran's objective. He has somehow possessed Syaoran in the past, first to stop Kurogane's sword strike in Ashura-ou's country, then in the library, and then there are three instances in Tokyo (first in the room when he woke up, second after fighting the worm, and third when he was ripping Kamui apart), but when he and Syaoran meet in Syaoran's dream, there always seems to be some way that Syaoran gets harmed or is alarmed at the approach of the other (eye hurting, attempt choke, grab). Also, why did the other Syaoran first appear as a child, but was later the same age as Syaoran?

Which is why I can't wait for them to both meet in person. What the outcome will be, I can't say.

And congrats on the mod statis, Cobra!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All very valid points, and thanks for noticing the mod status... but things seem to be rather orderly around here so not really anything for me to do yet. But we need to get some more people in here so that can change somewhat. So you people that are just reading this and thinking, this is for you, download the manga (if you haven't read it yet) read it and then start posting, Tsubasa is relatively new to this forum (as far as I have seen) and we need to make it well known and respected in this forum. Now with that said get to work... *Thinks to himself this is only the first phase of my evil plan.*

Well on a different note back to discussion:

I agree that I can't wait to see what happens when they meat one another, it would defiantly be an interesting event. One thing I was always curious about is they seem to run into the same people almost everywhere they go but why do they not run into any doubles of themselves, this is the first time we see a double of one of the main characters. Could this be a foreshadowing of things to come, could their be a evil Fai and an evil Kurogane. I would wonder if their could be an evil Sakura... but weill I just can't imagine that so lets leave that out of it. But if you think about it, it would be an interesting twist to see, to have them come across themselves and they are trying to interfere with retrieving the feathers. And on top of that Seishirou, we have only seen him on 3 different occasions, in Syaoran’s memory, in Otto country, and in the theme park. What has he been up to, what will his reaction be if Syaoran kills the vampires (I am assuming Kamui is one of the vampire twins as we only heard one of their names (if memory servers me correct). And why have we not seen any doubles of Seishirou either... their are more characters like Yuuko (The dimensional witch) and a few others that we have not seen doubles of as well. I know he could just have designed it so they are the only ones... but that is no fun.

Oh well just a few more questions that we can ponder over... and hopefully we will have more people respond and enjoy this thread...

Well in the meantime my thanks go out to Captain Tylor and herolove for taking time to take part in this discussion, keep up the good work, and if you have some free time go blackmail some more people into posting and reading the manga *evil grin*.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Concerning the other Syaoran, here's something I'm wondering. How did he go from the young boy to Syaoran when he was him in Shura and Piffle countries, but in Rekord, he's suddenly the same age as Syaoran. I wonder how....

As well, now that we've seen the latest Chapter of Tsubasa, is Kamui and Subaru bad and Seishirou really good? Or is it the other way around? As well, it could just be that both are after something that is extremely important to them like how Syaoran is looking for Sakura's feathers. Though frankly, I think that Subaru and Kamui are just trying to stay away from Seishirou and Seishirou will stop at nothing to get what he wants....

Here's a follow-up idea on dream: I know this discussion originally started with the whole thing on what is the "dream" referred to by Clow Reed? Dream could be: The thing that keeps King Ashura asleep (Fai's last line to him was "at least you'll have a pleasant dream"), the "dream" that has captured Sakura (and possibly also Subaru), dreams is where Syaoran has seen the other Syaoran thus far (can't wait to see if they meet in person), the other Syaoran could have been caught in a dream since when he openned his eye's both Yuuko and Fei Wang Reed said "he's awaken" (but I doubt this is it since he's awake now, unless it was connected to something bigger), Ashura-ou's dream was to revive Yasha-ou (but this was something she saw as impossible and gave up), and Fei Wang Reed is trying to revive a dream of some sorts (could it be something almost like Ashura-ou's wish??).

If there are any other points in the series that reference to a "dream" that I didn't put in that, please mention it.

I'll have to reread it later when I'm not at work.

Indeed. I will go join you in your plan, Cobra, as soon as I make a sig showing support....

EDIT: Since it's Wednesday, hopefully we can see a new chapter soon or tomorrow!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Old prediction thread

In an attempt to infuse some life into this small section of the Mangaverse, this thread will be dedicated to your predictions on Tsubasa Reservior Chronicle. Whether it's either the chapter that has not come out yet or a theory you think possible, tell us about it.
    Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Tell your predictions and why!

~ Title edited and topic moved to LeCourt Library - ibra87

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tsubasa Predictions Thread (Spoilers are possible)

Well one thing that I am thinking is that the two Syaorans can not be doing the same thing, we can't have them both collecting feathers, it just woudln't work. So somehow I predict that the original is either going to die somehow and "give" the rest of his memories and power to the clone. I mean it can't be the other way because we already are attached to that character, well let me know what you think might happen.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely another possibility, now that I think about...

However, a definite possibility for the original winning out...
    Spoiler show

Though I suppose the same could go for the clone to, he could become the real Syaoran...

Spoiler: New Prediction show

Oh, and Cobra, I got your PM. I'll watch what I post from now on...

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tsubasa Predictions Thread (Spoilers)

I think the two versions of Syaoran will eventually form a single being somehow, because i'm unsure at this point which one is the good and which the bad one, if you can even say that... >_< Also, i don't think we'll see Seishirou again soon or even Fye using magic, that was just a teaser for a future arc imo, perhaps Fye's past and the sealed Ashura will be shown after they leave this world... ?

Who knows

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That is indeed possible. I know the last color image was one of King Ashura and Fye, so it could definitely be a hint of a future arc.

Seishirou might indeed not appear soon, but since the vampire twins have a strong connection with him and Kamui mentioned Subaru gave his blood to "that guy".

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, covers and coloured pictures never really meant anything... we got a forgot-their-names-king-and-priest-of-clow-country cover for chapter 8 but it took them about 50 chapters to reappear even for a short while if i'm not mistaken...

Also, i probably missed something, but what was Kamui's connection with Subaru again? Was he the other vampire...? ( seeing he knows so much about Baits and vampires and Seishirou etc... )

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well he could be, he could not be, it doesn't say. He could just be more "bait" as they put it. When he first speeks to them he asked are you E2 maybe it was suppose to be too but thats not what the translation said, anyway. He could possibly be the other vampire or he could just be a guardian of sorts, you think if he was a vampire the others would have noticed him drinking blood (the others that are guarding the tower).

Page 1 of 232 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast