Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nishi thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Nishi thread

Quote Originally Posted by georgemarvin View Post

Yeah, I'm sure he was trembling in fear when he took out the Onion Alien after it shredded Katou and Kei thought he was a goner.
    Spoiler show
    Sorry for the comment earlier guess i crossed the line.Back on topic whats ur point here anyway? Nishi took down a 3 pointer (weak ass alien for someone that has being in gantz for 1 year) and only did so after kei had beaten him up.As for the tengu we cant be sure if he did it bad the same thing works if he did it he only did it after the tengu was beaten up, george or kuwa could have done the same thing as anyone else could, nishi makes good use of the steath but what he does could be done by anyone.

Yeah, tackling the 100 point boss Nurarihyon and getting his arm blown off, not to mention killing the Tengu to save Knob-yan after the Osakans said they would kill anybody who interfered with their hunt was realllly cowardly. The scene that makes people think Nishi is a coward is that he asked for help after his suit had died and he had lost his gun. Even Kaze would have enough sense to ask for help in a situation like that.
    Again if he killed the tengu on steath none saw it so he wasent really in danger, as for for nury same coward tactic works here, while katou was distracting nury (well he was about to die nury was still paing attencion to katou) nishi came and blown of the ecchi form, nury changed form his attencion switched to nishi, nishi lost his arm.
    Sure he does. Remember the first hunt, after he had captured the Onion Alien. He told Kei exactly that: he loved the hunt. He loved seeing the aliens die. He saved Kei because he thought that Kei was just like him. He was mad when he saw that Kei didn't like killing for fun. Gantz is the only place that will allow Nishi to get his kicks by killing other sentient beings just for fun.
    Did Nishi really need them for bait? Think about it. He could have used the capture gun on the big onion alien any time he wanted. It didn't even know he was there; he probably had it in his sights as soon as he transferred in. He did rescue Kei when the onion alien had cut Katou's arm up and was standing over them. The little onion alien wasn't even a challenge for the rookies. The only reason he did that was to see whether any of them was capable of making a Gantzer. When he was telling Katou that he used them for bait, he was just trying to show Katou how little that their lives mattered and that he was big and bad. Nishi couldn't tell anybody outside the team about Gantz, so he needed somebody to brag to. In fact, the guy with the glasses was the first to say that it was a TV show; Nishi just picked up on what they were already speculating.
    Yes he used them for bait, same thing happened on the tanaka alien he was following the alien when he steped on one of his little friends, i can agree on nishi checking for strong gantzer because that would make the missions easier for him and increase his chances to survive.My bet is if nishi got 100 points instead of dieng he would have asked to go free but since everything is changing and civilians are no longer free i can see him reviving someone h-gun would be pretty useless for his playstyle.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member georgemarvin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Did Nishi kill Tengu and try to take out Nurarihyon just for the points, or is there a little humanity left in him somewhere? After all, he saved both Knob-yan and Katou. He could have smashed all of Nurarihyon, probably killing both Nuri and Katou, or hit Nuri again before Katou had time to get free. But he didn't, even though he just barely let Katou get out before he fired again.

75 points this round. Looks like we'll get to see what he does with his 100 points sooner rather than later.

I wonder who said "Punk!" when his score came up? Looks like he's already making enemies. Maybe Inaba wants to challenge him? I can see Inaba's face exploding like the biker punk's did.

Nishi's tactics worked pretty well this time; if he had just hunted a few more small game instead of saving Katou and trying to take out mega-boss Nuri, he would have had 100 points just like Katou.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Did Nishi kill Tengu and try to take out Nurarihyon just for the points, or is there a little humanity left in him somewhere? After all, he saved both Knob-yan and Katou. He could have smashed all of Nurarihyon, probably killing both Nuri and Katou, or hit Nuri again before Katou had time to get free. But he didn't, even though he just barely let Katou get out before he fired again.

75 points this round. Looks like we'll get to see what he does with his 100 points sooner rather than later.

I wonder who said "Punk!" when his score came up? Looks like he's already making enemies. Maybe Inaba wants to challenge him? I can see Inaba's face exploding like the biker punk's did.

Nishi's tactics worked pretty well this time; if he had just hunted a few more small game instead of saving Katou and trying to take out mega-boss Nuri, he would have had 100 points just like Katou.
    Well never argued about his tactics working because they do but they are still coward, anyway nishi dosent care much about others whoever in nurys case nishi felt like he had already won, nury couldnt really do shit in the state he was in (before he changed forms i mean) since there was no risk for him, he let katou get away before shotting whoever he didnt know nury would regenerate and take his arm off, nishi is not as cold blooded as izumi to go around killing random inocents, he is inhuman in another sense, first of all he wont kill humans but he wont help either, and he hides vital information that could help everybody else survive without any reason (if he had told people the truth on the first mission many would survive, like it happened on the second mission with katou teaching people about the suit) in a way he dosent kill whoever he cross his arms when he could save many (the first mission we got a 3 pointer for someone that was in gantz for so long a 3 pointer should be nothing but nishi still watched while everybody got killed).About the tengu i wouldnt really count it as an act to help knob, my guess would be nishi felt that tengu was worth alot and tengu was a sitting duck there nishi wouldnt lose such a good oportunity, besides if he had waited any longer knob would really die and george/kuwa would finish of the tengu.I dont see why inaba would challenge nishi to be honest i think he is gonna be alot more worried about how useless he has being so far, the score will show he even lost to little tareshi, i guess inaba will be spending his time working/thinking on how to become stronger/better.
    Last edited by Unholy; August 28, 2008 at 10:40 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member staytough's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay here are my 5 cent about Nishi-kun:

Why is Nishi a coward?
    Gantz is a survival of the fittest not the survival of the most insane bastards who can beat aliens even if they are nude or druggys.
    It's funny to read about guys like Kuwa and all the other Osakans, Izumi, Kei etc. but their methods aren't really sane, or would you jump in a life/death situation into trouble like one of them?
    Call Nishi a coward all you want but in my opinion he is the only one who is sane and doesn't want to take to much risk.

Nishi doesn't tell everyone what he knows?
    I think he doesn't tell them not because he is sadistic but because he (again) doesn't want to take to much risk. Nishi was in gantz for one whole year so he saw all the fucked up idiots that ended up in there...
    If you tell people like the Bikers or the Rapists everything you know, what reason do they have to not kill you after you told them?
    If we learned something while reading gantz it has to be that you can't trust anyone inside of gantz. Maybe Nishi once trusted people but a situation like the Tae Mission happened and he understood that he can't trust anyone because they could turn against him.
    Information is in gantz like power, if nishi wouldn't have infos he Kurono would have never even thought about reviving him.
    And Nishi told the people the important infos they needed to know after they proved that they are worth it (he told them that their heads will explode if they talk about gantz, and thatthey are copys)

So... maybe it is cowardice but it is at least smart cowardice.

Hopefully you people get my point and don't think I'm an insane Nishi fanboys.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member georgemarvin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the guy most likely to survive a war, battle after battle, isn't the guy who runs in yelling. In fact, he's the guy who dies during his first mission. The veterans won't tell him not to; he's the one who shows them where the enemy is hiding. While he's dying, they are noting the directions where the bullets are coming from. The veterans survive mission after mission because they know what to expect, and they don't get close to those rookies who are going to die in a few days. They aren't going to tell them anything or let them into their circle of friends until they have been through a few missions and look like a survivor.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

its been a while since i read stage 1
    but im almost 100% nishi never cleared
    if he had, he would of never cried like a bitch during phase one
    when he was thinking in his mind how he wouldn't be able to see him mom again
    something like "i was so close"
    if he honestly was able to clear 100 points
    he would of been long gone before kei came

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

lol for some reason I find it funny when people use that as an example, would you just sit there while your eyes,ears and mouth were bleeding?

Secondly nishi is the most human character in terms of fighting strategy in my opinion, he doesnt have much strength so he uses his smarts. He is one of few characters who actually use stealth, and there is nothing wrong with it. If I were in gantz i would probably use the same tactics he used, stealth and go around killing.

You also have to remember that nishi was stuck with people who had never played the game before for who knows how long. Kinda hard to take out all the aliens in one mission and the boss by yourself aint it. The reason he didnt clear is prob because he waited for time to run out on several missions.

btw i called the tengu kill I guess

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MissingLimb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My opinion on Nishi:
    Personally, I don't like Nishi, but it has nothing to do with him being a coward (he's not). It's because he's arrogant. Not to say he doesn't have good reason to be. He's obviously the smartest character Gantz has seen. He's a weak middle schooler and he knows it (even with the suit he's not that impressive), but he's proven he can make up for it with sheer brainpower. I can't knock that.

I'm also pretty sure I've figured out what kind of person he is in real life. Nishi's the kid who's smarter than everyone, knows it, and flaunts it. People don't like that, so he got picked on everyday. But since he's arrogant, he couldn't see it was his own fault and blamed everyone else. IMO thats where all his hatred towards bikers, strength, aliens, and people in general comes from.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

yea I pretty much agree with that, nishi does seem smarter then most people also I wonder if he wears his suit outside gantz or not.(I mean school wise so dont point me to the train fight)

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Nishi is a sadistic bastard who uses people as his pawns,

and that 75 points was from the almost dead tengu, remember the lag they where talking about? it wasn't from knob, it was from nishi,

If he were so smart, he would have cleared the stage, killing every alien he can get, he is just like a scavenger, taking points from the almost dead aliens

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

well if you check the first two pages yea I pointed out that he did kill tengu, although originally it was from george. also i dont think he ment to kill steal tengu, if knob coulda finished it im sure nishi woulda let him finish it. Knob was screwed though, nishi saved his life assuming he is alive. also its not very smart to just go out and try to kill everyone.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MissingLimb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with chief. In the first mission Nishi was gonna give Kei his kill on onion. He can be cruel, but for some reason he doesn't steal kills.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nomiya's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

His appearance has changed a lot.

I like the first design, now he look older and not so disturbing and psychopatic like in the old days. However he still being Nishi and i love him.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that his change in appearance is down to a combination of maturity and an improvement in art style, although I have to agree with you, in the earlier pics he looked like a real little bastard.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe its adolescence or he got laid or something?

New Reply
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast